Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 45

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: BestBuy.com Gets the iPad This Weekend

  1. #1
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Valparaiso, Indiana
    Posts
    3,822
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 1,480 Times in 566 Posts

    Default BestBuy.com Gets the iPad This Weekend



    If you've visited Best Buy online during the past 24 hours, you may have discovered an unexpected addition to the products now available through the retailer's digital storefront - Apple's iPad. Although the tablet has been available in Best Buy stores across the nation since September 26th (and at many select Best Buy outlets for months prior), this weekend marks the debut of the iPad on BestBuy.com.

    Best Buy was one of the first retailers - besides Apple's retail outlets, of course - to carry the iPad when it was released earlier this year. At present, the iPad is also available at AT&T stores, Verizon stores, Wal-Mart, Target, Amazon, select Apple Authorized Resellers and even many campus bookstores. For Apple, this is a remarkable spread of retail outlets carrying their product.

    Before this weekend's unanticipated online roll out, one could only use BestBuy.com to reserve or purchase an iPad for in-store pickup. Now, all six models are available for purchase - at comparable prices - from BestBuy.com with free shipping. Estimated delivery time is 6-10 business days with "guaranteed delivery before Christmas" for the WiFi-only models.

    Best Buy

  2. #2
    Why is it only there now? It's been on bestbuy.ca for a while now
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

  3. #3
    I don't get why people are still buying iPads. New ones are coming soon, hence the yearly cycle.


    Twitter: @tshoults

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by moon#pie View Post
    I don't get why people are still buying iPads. New ones are coming soon, hence the yearly cycle.
    Some people don't care about "latest and greatest", or they just don't know any better.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by moon#pie View Post
    I don't get why people are still buying iPads. New ones are coming soon, hence the yearly cycle.
    But many people don't know this

  6. #6
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    403
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 47 Times in 29 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by moon#pie View Post
    I don't get why people are still buying iPads. New ones are coming soon, hence the yearly cycle.
    I just ordered one a couple of days ago, knowing the new model is coming soon, but my wife wants it for x-mas and she does not care about a newer model. besides why pay 700 bucks for the new model when I got a refurbished from Apple with the full warranty for 430, and the only difference is the serial number :P the refurbished comes in the box, new case, glass and battery, so to her eye, its the same as getting a new one

  7. #7
    I was at best buy last night, and it seemed like everyone in line had at least one iPad... crazy... So I opened up a Best buy card for iPad 2... no interest for 18 months sounds good to me....

  8. #8
    Dq13 u are a cunning little man ! I like it

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to THE MoBsTeR XII For This Useful Post:

    cocoabean772 (12-12-2010)

  10. #9
    My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Outter Space
    Posts
    888
    Thanks
    87
    Thanked 114 Times in 75 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by dq13 View Post
    I just ordered one a couple of days ago, knowing the new model is coming soon, but my wife wants it for x-mas and she does not care about a newer model. besides why pay 700 bucks for the new model when I got a refurbished from Apple with the full warranty for 430, and the only difference is the serial number :P the refurbished comes in the box, new case, glass and battery, so to her eye, its the same as getting a new one
    refurb is the way to go really. Get the same 1 year warranty as you do brand new. My wifes 13" MacBook Pro is refurb and we got it for a 1000 bucks shipped directly from Apple. Cant beat it.

  11. #10
    Ha ha...funny this is the top story right now. I just browsed a Best Buy store a couple of hours ago and was messing with the iPad while killing time. I flipped over to the 2nd or 3rd page of icons on the springboard and lo & behold, there was Cydia as well as some jailbroken apps!

    Surprisingly, the iPad was still running 3.2.

  12. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by moon#pie View Post
    I don't get why people are still buying iPads. New ones are coming soon, hence the yearly cycle.
    I don't get why people always ask this question or why people wait for tech? This isn't 1989 where a new walkman comes out every 5 years. New tech comes out now every 6 months to a year. Why wait? Let me give you a little hint. iPad and ipad2 do the EXACT same thing, play games, email, Internet and other apps. Why wait three months to buy an iPad when you can buy one now? If you say because it has a camera I will punch you.

  13. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Essany View Post



    If you've visited Best Buy online during the past 24 hours, you may have discovered an unexpected addition to the products now available through the retailer's digital storefront - Apple's iPad. Although the tablet has been available in Best Buy stores across the nation since September 26th (and at many select Best Buy outlets for months prior), this weekend marks the debut of the iPad on BestBuy.com.

    Best Buy was one of the first retailers - besides Apple's retail outlets, of course - to carry the iPad when it was released earlier this year. At present, the iPad is also available at AT&T stores, Verizon stores, Wal-Mart, Target, Amazon, select Apple Authorized Resellers and even many campus bookstores. For Apple, this is a remarkable spread of retail outlets carrying their product.

    Before this weekend's unanticipated online roll out, one could only use BestBuy.com to reserve or purchase an iPad for in-store pickup. Now, all six models are available for purchase - at comparable prices - from BestBuy.com with free shipping. Estimated delivery time is 6-10 business days with "guaranteed delivery before Christmas" for the WiFi-only models.

    Best Buy
    I don't know wich World you live , but I see the iPads in Best Buy at Germantown, MD since the beginning.

  14. #13
    iPhone? More like MyPhone PlatoTheForms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    246
    Thanks
    159
    Thanked 10 Times in 10 Posts

    lol weird, ipad has been out for a while at best buy. A man even filed a complaint against bestbuy in Florida for opening the box and realizing it was a fake ipad about two weeks ago.

  15. #14
    Hopefully this the real iPad....

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to romeo_herman For This Useful Post:

    PlatoTheForms (12-12-2010)

  17. #15
    My iPhone is a Part of Me kuhndsn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Travel-Entire US as well as EU
    Posts
    599
    Thanks
    77
    Thanked 115 Times in 71 Posts

    got mine a few months ago... Not sure how this is now something new that is news worthy...

  18. #16
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    1,441
    Thanks
    41
    Thanked 185 Times in 145 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by BennyPR View Post
    I don't know wich World you live , but I see the iPads in Best Buy at Germantown, MD since the beginning.
    If you, or anyone else who says how is this news, actually read the post you'd see that it's talking about ipads now available to buy online at bestbuy.com.

    Learn to read before you reply to a post morons

  19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to feidhlim1986 For This Useful Post:

    PlatoTheForms (12-12-2010), Retell (12-12-2010)

  20. #17
    My iPhone is a Part of Me Rob2G's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Posts
    604
    Thanks
    138
    Thanked 145 Times in 75 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by kuhndsn View Post
    got mine a few months ago... Not sure how this is now something new that is news worthy...
    Anything in the Apple world is News worthy on this Site, And thats great because not every body follows 30 different apple/idevice news sources to stay current on whats going on.
    Last edited by Rob2G; 12-12-2010 at 09:08 PM.

  21. #18
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    403
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 47 Times in 29 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Rob2G View Post
    Anything in the Apple world is News worthy on this Site, And thats great because not every body follows 30 different apple/idevice news sources to stay currant on whats going on.
    Well said... a lot of people complain saying "I saw this two days ago on another 9 other sites" well.... some of us have a life and a job and we are not subscribed, nor have the time, to read 50 different websites to be a little up to date. I rather read ModMyi everyday and be 2 days "behind" on the news, but I have a million more important things than googling around all day to see if bestbuy.com offers ipad today or not.

    not complaining, just my opinion (before everyone attacks saying they have a job too but they still have time to read 90 sites) LOL

  22. #19
    Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    2,263
    Thanks
    91
    Thanked 146 Times in 124 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by feidhlim1986 View Post
    If you, or anyone else who says how is this news, actually read the post you'd see that it's talking about ipads now available to buy online at bestbuy.com.

    Learn to read before you reply to a post morons
    No need to call anyone a moron...geez.

    iPads are everywhere now, probably one of the top gifts this year, refurb or new.

  23. #20
    Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    In Michigan And Florida
    Posts
    6,534
    Thanks
    3,595
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by dq13 View Post
    I just ordered one a couple of days ago, knowing the new model is coming soon, but my wife wants it for x-mas and she does not care about a newer model. besides why pay 700 bucks for the new model when I got a refurbished from Apple with the full warranty for 430, and the only difference is the serial number :P the refurbished comes in the box, new case, glass and battery, so to her eye, its the same as getting a new one
    Could have sold you my 16 GB for 400 with a new Apple case.. not even 24 hours used on it...

    "Always remember your special and unique!"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •