+ Reply
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Leaked Photos Surface of Suspected iPad 2 Case

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
'Tis the season of iPad 2 rumors, as evidenced by what could very well be the first visual "leak" pertaining to the second generation iPad, widely expected to hit the
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,474 Times in 561 Posts

Default Leaked Photos Surface of Suspected iPad 2 Case

'Tis the season of iPad 2 rumors, as evidenced by what could very well be the first visual "leak" pertaining to the second generation iPad, widely expected to hit the market during the first quarter of 2011. The top secret sneak peak in question comes from the folks at iLounge who have presented photographic materials that look an awful lot like iPad cases - but not for the current models.

What we have here are iPad cases clearly outfitted for a rear-facing camera - a brand new addition to the Apple tablet. Near the bottom of the case you have ample space allotted for the speaker (where it's currently located on the first-gen iPad). But accompanying the speaker at the rear of the next-gen iPad could also be a place to put an SD card - another rampant rumor trailing the forthcoming iPad 2.

Apart from what can be visually gleaned from such a tiny glimpse at a potentially dubious iPad 2 case, it's a safe bet that many of the features we expect to see on the next iPad (FaceTime chat capabilities, USB port, Retina Display, etc.) have a great chance at turning up on the refreshed tablet. Otherwise, there could be very little incentive for Apple fans to replace their first-gen iPad so quickly or ignore competing tablets in an increasingly crowded marketplace.

On Tuesday, DigiTimes reported that the iPad 2 will ship as soon as the end of February 2011, with initial shipments estimated to reach 400,000-600,000 units.

iLounge

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Michael Essany For This Useful Post:

CaryDude (12-10-2010)

auh
    Green Apple
    Thanks
    so looking forwward to getting the iPad 2! AND I LOVE ATTENTION PEOPLE! LOOK AT ME!
    Last edited by thetoothfairy; 12-09-2010 at 05:02 PM. Reason: 1st crap

Thanks
    I want so bad. But I need to upgrade my 3G phone first. And I need a laptop. Plus a new desktop. I want so much, but have a little.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Darksecrets For This Useful Post:

CX3NT3_713 (12-10-2010), singh224 (12-09-2010), sk8ertim (12-09-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Yeah and where is the cut out for the usb port? Taking a picture with an ipad looks like it will be easy if someone else was holding it for you. So i guess i should invent an ipad tripod. Im going to call it the tripad. Sorry Apple i will sell you the name if the price is good. I still don't think its worth upgrading from my old ipad to the new one until i am holding it in my hands.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default ipad 2
    Um.. that case doesn't have a spot for a led flash on the rear..good job apple give us something good but hold back 5 other things we need.

Thanks

Looks like no flash cut out might be just like iPod touch 4th gen

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

Sweet! I remember when the iPhone 4 prototype was found in a bar, not too long after that websites started popping up with cases for that exact phone, so this could very well be legit. Can't wait!

Green Apple
    Thanks

So basically i should return my current ipad and get new one haha

Thanks

Oh crap, now people are going to look like idiots taking 720p videos with a ten inch tablet.

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by keithdavis85 View Post
    Um.. that case doesn't have a spot for a led flash on the rear..good job apple give us something good but hold back 5 other things we need.
    I thinking its funny to picture someone holding up a bid iPad in public to take pictures.. much less at night with a flash.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    I thinking its funny to picture someone holding up a bid iPad in public to take pictures.. much less at night with a flash.
    Exactly. I see no reason for a front facing camera (if I'm on wifi then I'll just use my laptops webcam), let alone a rear one!

Thanks

Actually the front facing camera makes sense, but rear facing probably not needed. But if Apple wants to keep up with other tablets in the market it has HAS to have at least a front facing camera. And whos to say that the rear camera would not actually come in handy at home (in private) if you wanted to take a pic of something and your iphone or camera was nowhere within reach, but u were using your iPad. I could def see it as something i would use at my house..but out in public? No. I would not hold up my ipad to take a pic of anything, that would look retarded!

Green Apple
    Thanks
    The rear camera will be used for Augmented Reality stuff and if you're using it at your desk maybe to read QR barcodes or to scan something into an app for OCR

I don't think you'll see people out in public taking pictures with it but using it more like I said above

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Daps View Post
    The rear camera will be used for Augmented Reality stuff and if you're using it at your desk maybe to read QR barcodes or to scan something into an app for OCR

I don't think you'll see people out in public taking pictures with it but using it more like I said above
    You'd be surprised what stupid stuff some people will do.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vantheman169 View Post
    Actually the front facing camera makes sense, but rear facing probably not needed. But if Apple wants to keep up with other tablets in the market it has HAS to have at least a front facing camera. And whos to say that the rear camera would not actually come in handy at home (in private) if you wanted to take a pic of something and your iphone or camera was nowhere within reach, but u were using your iPad. I could def see it as something i would use at my house..but out in public? No. I would not hold up my ipad to take a pic of anything, that would look retarded!
    No offense bro,
    If you're iphone, camera, laptop, ipod are all out of reach and you need to take a picture at home... I have a few questions for you:

1.) Are you taking pictures of yourself on the toilet, or anything that came out of you? Totally not worth the $500 for a new ipad.
    2.) Where the hell are you leaving all that expensive crap if it's no where near you or your ipad? AND you're at home!
    3.) If you have 4 other ways to take photos, all with flash or atleast simulate flash and at the very least easy mobility... Why would you want an ipad that your going to use "All the way" across the house for taking pictures?
    4.) If you are using it in"private" and for "personal in-home" use, and by that you mean sexual acts with yourself or someone else... let it be a lesson to all of us to never touch the screen of ANYONES idevice.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mADMAN8 View Post
    No offense bro,
    If you're iphone, camera, laptop, ipod are all out of reach and you need to take a picture at home... I have a few questions for you:

1.) Are you taking pictures of yourself on the toilet, or anything that came out of you? Totally not worth the $500 for a new ipad.
    2.) Where the hell are you leaving all that expensive crap if it's no where near you or your ipad? AND you're at home!
    3.) If you have 4 other ways to take photos, all with flash or atleast simulate flash and at the very least easy mobility... Why would you want an ipad that your going to use "All the way" across the house for taking pictures?
    4.) If you are using it in"private" and for "personal in-home" use, and by that you mean sexual acts with yourself or someone else... let it be a lesson to all of us to never touch the screen of ANYONES idevice.
    :
    Well "bro" i never said SEXUAL ACTS thats your perverted mind thinking thats what "private" means. Privacy to me is in my own home. I was thinking more along the lines that my 2 year old son was doing something funny and my iphone might be charging in the other room or something and in order for me to get it he might not be doing what i want to take a picture of anymore. And if i was on my iPad it would be easier to just just snap a photo real quick on that. and 2nd of all, wtf do you care if there is a camera on the back or not? Dont like it? DONT EFFFFING USE IT. Don't bash on other people for actually trying to find a use for it. And if i want to leave my expensive iPad, iPhone, MacBook Pro laying around i will do whatever the hell i want with them, guess why? I BOUGHT THEM so mind your own, this damn iPad 2nd Gen is not even out yet, i was just speculating on a USE of the iPad rear facing camera, not ever saying i would use it, just trying to find a reason to justify using it, so back the hell off.

Thanks

Oh atmosphere in here is a bit tense think I will leave lol

Thanks

Back on topic, just rumors. I have facetime on my MacBook and don't use it. I wanted the itouch 4th gen then what's the point? I rock original iPhone and sometimes use camera a b apps for pics on the iPad it would be useful feature FaceTime or rear cam on iPad IMHO

Thanks

Let's go back to a time called summer of '09, there were "leaked cases" for an ipod touch with a camera, then it didn't. I'm not buying into this being real
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by darksecrets View Post
    i want so bad. But i need to upgrade my 3g phone first. And i need a laptop. Plus a new desktop. I want so much, but have a little.
    haha your broke!!

+ Reply
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast