+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Report: LCD, Not AMOLED Display for iPad 2

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Have any of you ever seen a Zune HD in person? The contrast ratio is incredible and the blacks are really deep. Hopefully Apple will start using something with similar
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Have any of you ever seen a Zune HD in person? The contrast ratio is incredible and the blacks are really deep. Hopefully Apple will start using something with similar qualities.

My iPhone is a Part of Me EskimoRuler's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NessLookAlike View Post
    Hi, not meaning to troll here, but seriously, speak for yourself, Poseidon; the RAM on my iPad (which is currently running tethered 4.2.1) goes down to 12-20MB on a regular basis, and sometimes single digit if I'm loading up a drawing application or Pulse. More RAM is definitely needed, and will be needed if the device is to support fluid Facetime video chatting and the multitasking everyone had been promised for so long. Seriously, iOS4's multitasking is kinda nice, but I find myself having to quit multitask'd apps on a regular basis (with the tweak available on Cydia). This is also why there are "Remove iPhone 4/iPad Multitasking" tweaks available in Cydia.

A healthy bump in CPU speed would be welcome as well, to stay competitive with other tablets coming into the market that hum along at 1GHz, but I'd really like for Apple to unlock the FM capabilities these devices have and unlock the bluetooth profiles for iPad and iPod Touch so that I can have private conversations with people over Facetime (or in other applications.. I'm looking at you, Groundwire).

Also, you should turn on the SBSettings tweak that shows free memory next to the clock to really get an idea of memory usage.
    I agree. I always get down to about 20 with as low as three apps backgrounded
    You don't like the iPad because you don't have one!

Thanks

I can't wait to get one, hopefully though it's 499.99 for the 16gb I couldn't afford anymore =[

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

The pricing should remain the same. Hopefully they kill the 16gb model and bump up the ram. A better processor is not necessary.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12