+ Reply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Foxconn Shipping iPad 2 in February 2011?

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
    MMi Staff Writer
    Thanks

Default Foxconn Shipping iPad 2 in February 2011?

Rumors are swirling that the iPad 2 will begin shipping in the next hundred days, according to a new DigiTimes report. According to sources from within the Taiwan-based company, Foxconn will reportedly begin shipping 400,000-600,000 units by the end of February 2011. Officially, Foxconn had no comment.

According to the report, Apple originally planned to start production of the iPad 2 in January, but had to push back the schedule due to firmware testing. Foxconn’s plants in Chengdu are still in a “pilot production” mode, so production of the iPad 2 will also be done at Foxconn’s Shenzhen plants as well. Of course, the actual release date for the iPad 2 is ultimately up to Steve Jobs. He may very well wait to release it till he feels that the time is right.

The iPad has been a huge success for Apple and they are sure to sell quite well during the busy holiday shopping season. The iPad 2 is rumored to up the ante in the ongoing tablet wars, with a wide array of new features including multiple cameras for FaceTime, gyroscope support, a thinner case, retina display and a USB connector. We’ll just have to wait for the first quarter of next year to see what new features Apple decides to include on the 2011 iPad model. Hopefully, Apple will also find a way to reduce the price a bit so more people can join in on all the iPad “magic.”

Source: DigiTimes

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wiley John Wright For This Useful Post:

apoc (12-07-2010), CaryDude (12-07-2010)

Green Apple
    Thanks

This should of been the first iPad. Hopefully this time I'll get one.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to suade8880 For This Useful Post:

Tyronal (12-07-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Apple has streamlined the process of selling me things that should have been.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to crackertime For This Useful Post:

CaryDude (12-07-2010)

What's Jailbreak? ingesterfella's Avatar
    Thanks

Um great hope this time it's not just an oversived iPod cos that's all it is at the moment jobs need to add some better stuff to it still can't understand why it never came with more ram hope it has more this time can't see a retina screen would cost to much screen is already nice I think it will come early too

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ingesterfella For This Useful Post:

coolguy742 (12-07-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone LamboFan's Avatar
    Thanks

Pity the iPad buyers this season...

Thanks

Love my iPad as-is and I am sure someone will find problems with iPad 2

Green Apple
    Thanks

When do you think it's the best time to sell to get most $ for the current iPad?

My iPhone is a Part of Me coolguy742's Avatar
    Thanks

That would be pretty cool, I really want to try one out.
    Why does no one b17ch when Wiley just posted a prospective release date of the iPad 2? If Messany had posted this everyone would complain and whine and call him a bad journalist (if you even decide he's worthy of that title) and dismiss it as nothing more than another tabloid news story! to quote many a MMi member, "he's just spreading rumors."

*EDIT*
    Wiley, i'm not saying your story sucks or anything. I'm just pointing out that a lot of people hate Messany, and you wrote a similar story to some of his and no one has complained what's up with that?

Quote Originally Posted by Gobi View Post
    When do you think it's the best time to sell to get most $ for the current iPad?
    I'd say ASAP, after the iPad 2 comes out (or an official release date is published) the iPad 1 will go down in value.
    Last edited by coolguy742; 12-07-2010 at 07:18 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone kingchkn's Avatar
    Thanks

My wife bought one for me a couple of weeks ago. I love it and really, I can do without the cameras. The Retina screen would be nice but these are basically overpriced as is and I can't see them in the same price range with the newer features. Besides, just like any electronic purchase there is always something newer and better on the horizon and it's a personal thing how long each can wait. Personally, I love it and it fits my needs as is. Maybe the iPad 3 will be the next upgrade. I'm sitting at 3.2.2 until an untethered JB is available. No need to rusg to fix that which is not really broken.

My iPhone is a Part of Me coolguy742's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wiley John Wright View Post
    Rumors are swirling that the iPad 2 will begin shipping in the next hundred days

The iPad 2 is rumored to up the ante in the ongoing tablet wars, with a wide array of new features including multiple cameras for FaceTime, gyroscope support, a thinner case, retina display and a USB connector.
    OMG he even said rumors twice people!
    Again, not smashing you Wiley, just hypocritical people on MMi...

15. The Following User Says Thank You to coolguy742 For This Useful Post:

ridingsupreme (12-07-2010)

Thanks

February would be nice, but that means there should be an Apple event unveiling it pretty soon. Less than two months away and there's no hint at such a huge update? Maybe they'll have the even in January; that's a possibility.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to zoso10 For This Useful Post:

coolguy742 (12-07-2010)

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm getting iPad 2 but I would rather have an untherted jailbreak for the latest iPhone 4 firmware. >_<

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by crackertime View Post
    Apple has streamlined the process of selling me things that should have been.
    Not me. I've only purchased 2 Apple products in my life - the iPhone 4 and 3G. Both are ground breaking products. iPods and ipads are overrated, but this iPad 2 is shaping up to be a great product. I will just let u early adopters keeping buying the old so this new one can be cheaper.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Foxconn beginning shipments in feb = no huge shortage in April.
    The iPad still sells very well, there's absolutely no reason to release another one ahead of schedule

Best time to sell = before Christmas. Once the announcement is made in January, everyone and their mother will be selling their iPad.

Thanks

Well, it would be nice if a Mensa member delivered it to my house. (A pretty one, not Paris )

edit- the first post I made, about an asteroid crashing into the Earth and killing all of us, nuclear war with China, Paris Hilton being a secret member of Mensa and, oh, by the way, what I really want is an untethered jailbreak, was removed along with the rest of the whining about where is the jailbreak for 4.2. However, like a hanging chad, my response to another's finding of that post being amusing/humorous was left laying here for all to see with no explanation as to its precursor. Hence, this edit. The "it" above was the untethered jailbreak, being delivered to my house.

Well, I thought it was funny.
    Last edited by mr117; 12-07-2010 at 06:02 PM. Reason: chad, hanging
    Senior

/Library/MobileSubstrate/dontmesswiththis.dlyb
    Thanks
    •use this: .
    •the ipad has a fair amount of ram
    •do research before posting

formerly known as Method2001 TheGrandFinale2001's Avatar
    Thanks

This is why I was patient.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Agreed!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I already have the ipad and im waiting for an untethered 4.2 jailbreak, so im not getting the ipad 2 unless A theres no problem with it or B theres an untethered jailbreak for it but haz to be higher than 4.0 though....

Thanks

Can we please get some more "this is the iPad they should have released" and "it's just an oversized iPod touch" comments? I just can't hear that enough. Never mind the fact that the people who are saying that have probably never used an iPad for any extended period of time and they forget that this is the product with the fastest adoption rate in history. Yeah, Apple really screwed this one up.

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stevelucky For This Useful Post:

babyblue_pimp (12-07-2010), GellBrake'rrrr (12-07-2010), Poseidon79 (12-07-2010)