Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Turn iPad into Virtual Turntable with djay

Default Turn iPad into Virtual Turntable with djay

Algoriddim has just released djay for the iPad ($19.99). Djay turns any iPad into a full DJ system that allows you to mix iTunes songs using a virtual turntable, perform live, record mixes and mix playlists automatically. And what DJ app would be complete without the ability to scratch? The developers at Algoriddim used new audio features that recently came out with the iOS 4.2 update to create an amazingly realistic DJ environment.

With direct access to your iTunes library, djay allows you to load any song or playlist directly on-screen. You can then load songs onto either turntable and play, mix or scratch songs. Djay also supports pre-cueing with headphones, allowing you to preview songs before the audio goes to the main speakers.

The developers at Algoriddim are putting the latest features of iOS 4.2 to good use in this latest app. DJs can stream music to nearby Apple TVís, AirPort base stations or even AirPlay-compatible speaker systems. Djay also supports iOS 4 multitasking, so DJs can do other things like surf the net while songs play in the background.

As more and more developers embrace the iOS platform as a legitimate tool for music production, apps like djay will continue to expand our perception of what an iPad can do. The iPad was released less than a year ago and already there are an abundance of great apps for musicians and DJs. Bands like Gorillaz are already writing albums on iPads and Iím sure this is just the beginning.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KARq9YU1_B8&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - djay for iPad - The full-fledged iPad DJ app by algoriddim[/ame]

Source: MacRumors

An instant favorite.

Thats cool i want an ipad just for this now lol
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Anything like this for the ipt4g?

That is way to small of screen for something like this.

Talking Please make this for the Iphone 4 and IPT4G
    Quote Originally Posted by Cer0 View Post
    That is way to small of screen for something like this.
    Maybe for you but i would like to see this on the iphone. I can see me mix and scratch with my thumbs.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!

Untethered Jailbreak in the next week, then I will get 4.2
    My Devices:

iPod Touch 4g 4.1 - Jailbroken
    iPad 4.2.1 - Jailbroken

iPhone? More like MyPhone madczech's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyRicky View Post
    PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!

Untethered Jailbreak in the next week, then I will get 4.2
    slightly off topic dude!

but anyways, looks great.. I had it for a while on my mac just to play around and made a quite good impression!
    I don't give a damn about Chuck Norris, Spongebob can grill under water!

iPhone? More like MyPhone DayumQuitPlayin's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 51504rock View Post
    Maybe for you but i would like to see this on the iphone. I can see me mix and scratch with my thumbs.
    Well I have the app and seeing as how there's many buttons and features, I don't think an iPhone/iPod version would be a good device for it with how small the screen is compared to the iPad. Even if you were to use your thumbs, the app would be limited with what you can do other than scratching and mixing songs.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Doran's Avatar
    Thanks

All I need is for someone to give me a $25 iTunes gift card for Christmas now!!!!

Green Apple
    Thanks
    i really liked this! it was amusing and i thought i looked really cool using it with my beats headphones hahah

Green Apple
    Thanks

I am no dj, but I have been having fun with this app.

Defiantly a cool app if your into mixing music

Thanks

I wonder how tough it is to use an onscreen fader?

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

That's awesome, I'm sure DJ's around the world will enjoy fiddling with this in between performances.

Drinks the Kool Aid Captinsmooth's Avatar
    Thanks

Also check out baby dj decks for iPad It has more features for scratching. Then you have baby scratch or flare for the iPhone.

This looks great, now all I need is $20 and an iPad
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DayumQuitPlayin View Post
    Well I have the app and seeing as how there's many buttons and features, I don't think an iPhone/iPod version would be a good device for it with how small the screen is compared to the iPad. Even if you were to use your thumbs, the app would be limited with what you can do other than scratching and mixing songs.
    Clearly one would not be using this on an iPhone in a club or any situation like that. I thik the point is it would just be a damn fun app on the iPhone, even a "lite" version.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Quote Originally Posted by madczech View Post
    slightly off topic dude!
    "slightly" more like completely off topic

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

OK there is one MASSIVE problem for real DJ's such as myself. The pitch control is backwards! On a real turntable or CD deck when you drag the pitch down the track speeds up... on this program it's opposite.

Just found the "Invert" setting... but the slider still moves the wrong way. Also i can't figure out how to split cue the head phones... like one track in one ear and one in the other ear.

Just saw that you need a stereo/mono split cable to use the cue feature... slick... gotta go get one today
    Last edited by Poseidon79; 12-04-2010 at 12:54 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast