+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Free iPad in Japan with Two-Year Contract

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
    MMi Staff Writer
    Thanks

Default Free iPad in Japan with Two-Year Contract

If you live in Japan, a pretty sweet deal is coming your way on December 3. SoftBank Mobileís "iPad for everybody" promotion will soon be offering the iPad with Wi-Fi + 3G for free with a two-year data plan. The plan will run •4725 ($56) a month and there is no monthly surcharge for the deal. Itís really like getting 24 months to pay for an iPad as long as you make your monthly payments. Over the two-year period youíll be shelling out approximately $1344. In the US, the price of an iPad and 2GB data plan would be $1229 over 24 months. The difference is $115, which isnít too bad of a deal compared to an average credit card interest rate.

Starting Friday, I expect SoftBank will have a difficult time keeping iPadís in stock. Itís a very tempting offer especially considering the fact that itís the 3G model. Hopefully, this sort of deal will show up here in the US before too long. With the holidays right around the corner the timing couldnít be better.

Source: 9to5 Mac

Green Apple
    Thanks

No wayyy, awesome. Kinda

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Not to sound too harsh on the iPad, as it is a smooth and fantastic device, but isn't it a little out dated already?! I'm not even using an iDevice anymore, because of the browsing speeds on my network (t-mobile). I've been enjoying 3.5g (h) for a while. 3g speeds tend to aggravate me when that is all that is available! Not only that but the new tablet race is at hand. I can't see myself paying for an iPad without a front and rear facing camera, for 2 years!!! I suppose though, cost wise, this isn't a terrible deal. But paying for outdated technology?! Don't they have something better than this in Japan already?!
    Viruses
    Intruders
    Spyware
    Trojans and
    Adware

Windows Vista

Thanks

Thing is... SoftBank kinda sucks out here. Nice promo though.
    Reminding you all that YOU'RE YOUR

My iPhone is a Part of Me EskimoRuler's Avatar
    Thanks

It's sounds like a good deal but I wouldn't want to be in a two year contract for an iPad especially when the new one is going to come out next year
    You don't like the iPad because you don't have one!

iPhone? More like MyPhone duceduc's Avatar
    Thanks

My plan is about to expire this Dec. I would love an iPad but I'd prefer the iPhone4 instead.

Thanks

I needs me an iPad 2nd gen NOW

Thanks

From recently coming back from japan and hong kong they havent got better tech than the west, or if it is the build quality is low. I think this deal will do great in japan. most people still use crappy flip phones.

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Those guys look seriously happy!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by steve-z17 View Post
    Those guys look seriously happy!
    i would be too if i had that ipad hat!
    i know what i want for x-mas now!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Grassmasta View Post
    Not to sound too harsh on the iPad, as it is a smooth and fantastic device, but isn't it a little out dated already?! I'm not even using an iDevice anymore, because of the browsing speeds on my network (t-mobile). I've been enjoying 3.5g (h) for a while. 3g speeds tend to aggravate me when that is all that is available! Not only that but the new tablet race is at hand. I can't see myself paying for an iPad without a front and rear facing camera, for 2 years!!! I suppose though, cost wise, this isn't a terrible deal. But paying for outdated technology?! Don't they have something better than this in Japan already?!
    Why do you still come to this site if you don't have an iDevice?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
    +1

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Yeah I read this story on engadget yesterday, but what I was hoping to get from the modmyi repost was information about the data plan with this deal - is there one included? Is it unlimited? Prepaid? 2GB cap? What gives?

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by se23 View Post
    From recently coming back from japan and hong kong they havent got better tech than the west, or if it is the build quality is low. I think this deal will do great in japan. most people still use crappy flip phones.
    Most people EVERYWHERE use flip phones... this is not an indication of a nations technology at all...

Why are you on a crusade against people who no longer have idevices? It is still news and we still want to hear about it and discuss. THAT is why we come here...
    Last edited by sziklassy; 11-30-2010 at 10:14 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I still have a mac, I work in tech sales and its nice to know whats going on, and I enjoy seeing what people can do with their devices.

*Ahem!*

Viruses
    Intruders
    Spyware
    Trojans and
    Adware

Windows Vista

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Sounds like someone is trying to get rid of some 1st gen iPads :P

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by greek.guy View Post
    i would be too if i had that ipad hat!
    i know what i want for x-mas now!
    Lol true! iPad hats are the bomb!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    Why are you on a crusade against people who no longer have idevices? It is still news and we still want to hear about it and discuss. THAT is why we come here...
    Ok. Thanks for clearing that up. I asked him because I was a little curious, and I was kind of annoyed by his trolling on iDevices. And I'm fairly certain asking one person a question isn't exactly going on a crusade

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Grassmasta View Post
    I still have a mac, I work in tech sales and its nice to know whats going on, and I enjoy seeing what people can do with their devices.

*Ahem!*

What's your problem? You just post to say that Apple and AT&T are out dated and you're calling me a troll?

Thanks

"Most people EVERYWHERE use flip phones... this is not an indication of a nations technology "

To ziklsky or whatever

Yeah I know that u joker! I work for Panasonic! What I'm saying is that there's not much better tech being widely used and somebody said that surely japan has something better? Well they don't! Japanese companies are very forward thinking and make a lot of things possible but from what I saw travelling ALL OVER Japan was that hardly anybody uses it and it far to expensive their. The flip phones that they use people would NOT use them in the uk as they are circa 2004. The west is not as far behind as everybody Inc me thinks. But after going their I know we make more use of mobile tech than they do! They have just seen ways to make more money from us!

Ps nobody I know uses clamshells and I know there is a quote button it's just mashed on my Ipad lol
    Last edited by se23; 11-30-2010 at 01:38 PM.