+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Free iPad in Japan with Two-Year Contract

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Pokemon: Check Free iPads: Check I'm moving to Japan now
    Thanks

Pokemon: Check
    Free iPads: Check

I'm moving to Japan now
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by se23 View Post
    "Most people EVERYWHERE use flip phones... this is not an indication of a nations technology "

To ziklsky or whatever

Yeah I know that u joker! I work for Panasonic! What I'm saying is that there's not much better tech being widely used and somebody said that surely japan has something better? Well they don't! Japanese companies are very forward thinking and make a lot of things possible but from what I saw travelling ALL OVER Japan was that hardly anybody uses it and it far to expensive their. The flip phones that they use people would NOT use them in the uk as they are circa 2004. The west is not as far behind as everybody Inc me thinks. But after going their I know we make more use of mobile tech than they do! They have just seen ways to make more money from us!

Ps nobody I know uses clamshells and I know there is a quote button it's just mashed on my Ipad lol
    Did you use one or just see people with them? Clamshell may be circa 2004 but the design hides some pretty funky jigglings inside. Been in japan for a long time and had a chance to compare what I use here with what others use in other countries (English speaking) and I can tell you straight the Japanese flip phone usually pisses all over anything else out there.

As for this offer I think at face value it is tempting but earlier posts were right being tied to something now for two years while better devices are released is dumb in the head. Those in the know will give it a wide birth but japan's love for apple will make this a hugely lucrative offer for softbank and apple.

Thanks

Haha "free." I love how loosely that word is used nowadays. NOTHING is free in today's modern world
    It's a recession when your neighbour loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
    -- Harry S. Truman

Livin the iPhone Life yowiphone's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by se23 View Post
    "Most people EVERYWHERE use flip phones... this is not an indication of a nations technology "

To ziklsky or whatever

Yeah I know that u joker! I work for Panasonic! What I'm saying is that there's not much better tech being widely used and somebody said that surely japan has something better? Well they don't! Japanese companies are very forward thinking and make a lot of things possible but from what I saw travelling ALL OVER Japan was that hardly anybody uses it and it far to expensive their. The flip phones that they use people would NOT use them in the uk as they are circa 2004. The west is not as far behind as everybody Inc me thinks. But after going their I know we make more use of mobile tech than they do! They have just seen ways to make more money from us!

Ps nobody I know uses clamshells and I know there is a quote button it's just mashed on my Ipad lol
    I was in Tokyo in January and 90% of all phones i saw there were Iphones..
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..

Thanks

Yeah, did use them! We got a few mates in Tokyo and trust me that phone was weak lol. Yeah their are a lot of iPhone users but on them trains I mostly saw flips. And I was is in Nara, Osaka, Tokyo, Kyoto etc etc. But your right that iPhones r big and people were impressed I had an iPad, and in the hostels they have them at the desks so I do think this deal will do ok regardless of new iPad

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12