Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AirVideoEnabler Streams Any iOS Video

Quote Originally Posted by GellBrake'rrrr View Post
    A GREAT EXAMPLE of why a lot of iPhone users have /finally/ made the switch to Android.
    Droid x will be here Monday, saving my i4 for facetime.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ohthatguyagain's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rokesomesmeefer View Post
    If all it took was a single line of code, it looks to me like it is built into iOS and simply needs to be enabled. And, as it's Apple we are talking about, this should surprise absolutely nobody.
    People don't seem to understand the deeper issue here with Apple. They are a content provider, hardware/software provider, and soon to be service provider. This presents SERIOUS issues with licensing restrictions. Enabling the feature prematurely, while it was built in and ready to go, would be a series of HUGE lawsuits if Apple didn't have their licensing agreements refreshed within iTunes' movie/tv content. Most of those agreements are implicitly worded. The tremendous and infamous Apple legal staff has to go back and rework these contracts with content providers to be used in the new way and pay any new licensing/royalty fees.

But that bit about no homepage... Ok, ...that's ridiculous.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

I am sure this isn't built into the OS for "piracy reasons" or some such rubbish.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

My iPhone is a Part of Me thevmax's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cjgonzales1900 View Post
    Haha leave it to Apple to make a Good Feature, and leave it to Jailbreaking to make that feature Great/Compatible.

Well said!
    And they wonder why we jailbreak....

Love it love, love it, love it!

Now I can stream my recordings from EyeTV - perrrfect! :-)

Hahahah,

I love all the comments about switching to android. Ive had a quick look at android on a friends phone and i cant seem to find any reference to Airplay or Streaming to a TV in any of the software. Correct me if i am wrong, but are you all suggesting that because apple left out this ability,(for now) and its only available via a simple 2 min Jailbreak and patch, that you are actually considering changing to a device that has no such feature????

It wont be long before some one figures out how to stream ALL content including games and web browsing direct to ATV2.

Ive bought 2 ATV2s and will no doubt get more. But hey, if your so upset Jog On. Go get your android phones and tablets. You wont be missed on these forums!

miPhone's better than yours GellBrake'rrrr's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by beninspain View Post
    Hahahah,

I love all the comments about switching to android. Ive had a quick look at android on a friends phone and i cant seem to find any reference to Airplay or Streaming to a TV in any of the software. Correct me if i am wrong, but are you all suggesting that because apple left out this ability,(for now) and its only available via a simple 2 min Jailbreak and patch, that you are actually considering changing to a device that has no such feature????

It wont be long before some one figures out how to stream ALL content including games and web browsing direct to ATV2.

Ive bought 2 ATV2s and will no doubt get more. But hey, if your so upset Jog On. Go get your android phones and tablets. You wont be missed on these forums!
    Funny thing is.... 99% of the people who have/who will switch over, will still be here running their mouths. Stalking ModMyi like a jealous X- Girl/boyfriend.
    Last edited by GellBrake'rrrr; 11-28-2010 at 04:02 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Treeml View Post
    For those of us who already have a ps3, (which does everything an apple TV does already) it would be awesome to have an app that lets you air-video directly to it (aka ps3 media server on mac)....I live in hope of this awesome app, I know for sure there are a million others with iphones and ps3's that would pay for this..
    **Edit**

Ya tha would be a badass app

I don't know if this is what ur looking for but u can already stream to your ps3 from your Mac (maybe iPad, iPhone in the future??) it's called Medialink

http://www.nullriver.com/products/medialink
    Last edited by vantheman169; 11-28-2010 at 04:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GellBrake'rrrr View Post
    Funny thing is.... 99% of the people who have/who will switch over, will still be here running their mouths. Stalking ModMyi like a jealous X- Girl/boyfriend.
    you can be sure of that! besides isnt this called modmyi which is exactly what you need to do if you want these cool features.

Default airplay patch help!!
    was quite excited about this feature myself having just bought an apple tv unit and have been quitre dissapointed with it as a standalone unit. (also use ps3 media server as someone else mentioned)
    jailbroke my ipad on 4.2.1 and applied the patch for airvideo with high hopes and it didn't work....tries to play and either runs for about 10 seconds, starts stuttering and then quites or i get the spinning wheel on the apple tv screen but the streaming never starts...
    anyone got any tips? does the patch need updating? somebody in this forum posted that they were streaming a massive mkv file to their apple tv? i can stream them fine with airvideo (1080p mkv's of 10gb+) but the relay with airplay (even with simple divx) doesn't work.....any tips would be welcome!!!!

I still get the same as you. Occasionally I'll get a mkv or avi to play by toggling the pause/play a few times, but on rare instances. Heard some have luck some not. Hopefully an update will come as no developer can use this patch in their software.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123