Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Five iPad 2 Features 'Leaked' in New Report

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,482 Times in 568 Posts

Default Five iPad 2 Features 'Leaked' in New Report

While millions of holiday shoppers look for the best deals of the year on "Black Friday" today, many prospective iPad buyers have decided to hold off on their first generation tablet on the heels of more reports indicating that the iPad 2 will reach consumers in spring 2011 with a slate of sweet new features. This morning, DigiTimes (citing a report from the Chinese-language Economy Daily News) reveals that sources have "leaked" five new features of the new iPad 2.
    • Video phone
    • New display technology (Retina Display?)
    • 3-axis gyroscope (for gaming enhancements)
    • Better mobility
    • USB

One of the most exciting potential developments would be the addition of a front facing to the iPad 2, bringing the full FaceTime experience to tablet users. Such a move would be "expected to benefit Apple iPad's webcam suppliers," DigiTimes reports. Additionally, the best we can tell is that the reference to "better mobility" suggests a sleeker, more slender model, likely sporting thinner glass, as the report notes. This development would be aided by the infusion of Apple's "Retina Display" technology, which would give the iPad viewing experience the same wow factor of the iPhone 4.

Needless to say, there's nothing overtly shocking about these predicted new features of the second generation iPad. But, until now, we haven't been afforded the opportunity to hear directly from credible sources and media outlets that the added attributes we would expect and desire in a new iPad are actually on tap for the next tablet. Some, of course - especially those who already own an iPad - are hoping for "more," as it will likely take a substantial slate of new bells and whistles to convince a relatively new iPad owner to once against drop somewhere between $500 and $1000 for a second generation iPad within the next few months.

DigiTimes

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Michael Essany For This Useful Post:

CaryDude (11-26-2010)

I love the future ipad 2 already.
    I love the word Video Phone. So we can do facetime? ;]

Wow that is the same exact thing I will do is wait for the iPad 2g

I can't wait to get one

Come on seriously Retina Display? Do you know how many pixels that would be? There is no way it would stay under $1000 if it had Retina Display. If your going to make up 'Facts' then at least make believable ones.

We did not need a "leak" to know this...

The camera will be cool, and the new display and gyroscope will be cool too.
    If the USB will let you plug flash drives and other devices in to it, that will be the best new feature for me.

No sh1t

Better mobility?? Because it's such a pain to drag my iPad around everywhere... I'm sure it just means they're making it thinner or less of a border around the screen; which in essence all boils down to saying "new design."

Thanks
    no it's true !!
    i also heard it has a drinks and money dispenser, on the left hand side and a box of tissues on the right !

Love it and also love the change in thickness because there will be thousands of ipad first gen for sale with case on craigslist!
    The old cases may not work on the new model.
    I've got no problem riding the rear of the tech curve and getting
    the goods for way less.

On a side note........Sales tax used to be a little inconvenience
    but holy **** .....in AZ.......it will add a 50 spot to your 500.00
    ipad! So your 499.00 pad with case is instantly almost 600.00!!!
    No wonder I'm buying used!

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Of course it's going to bring itself up to the iPhone 4 level in some ways, nothing new. Facetime will be awesome on the iPad especially with a retina display.

better mobility = smaller size, thats a downgrade for me.

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by spazturtle View Post
    Come on seriously Retina Display? Do you know how many pixels that would be? There is no way it would stay under $1000 if it had Retina Display. If your going to make up 'Facts' then at least make believable ones.
    It doesn't say retina display. It simply says new display tech... there is a ton of improvement in the resolution that can be made workout going to a full 326ppi.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

16. The Following User Says Thank You to mortopher For This Useful Post:

law111 (11-26-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by mortopher View Post
    It doesn't say retina display. It simply says new display tech... there is a ton of improvement in the resolution that can be made workout going to a full 326ppi.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    It say Apple may use their "Retina Display" technology, retina display means the screen has a resolution soo high the human eye cannot see the individual pixels (at 2 1/2 feet). So if it used retina display tech it would be very expensive, but the screen can get better sans retina display.

Oh and don't you mean *without
    Quote Originally Posted by mortopher View Post
    that can be made workout going to a full 326ppi.

Predict a lot of iPad 1's on eBay.

Quote Originally Posted by phillipxenxciel View Post
    better mobility = smaller size, thats a downgrade for me.
    yes indeed, its gonna take some time getting use to the "new" ipad....maybe ill go back to the "old" one here and there but hopefully ill adjust...who am i kidding of course ill adjust, IPAD 2G FTW!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jamriman View Post
    Predict a lot of iPad 1's on eBay.
    yea but how about if you bought the 64 gb, 3g, ipad which cost over $800 and you wonna sell it on ebay?...for $800 you can buy the new ipad 2g which is probably gonna be 2X better, youll have to sell it for like $450-$500 or even lower! cuz why would people pay the same money for an older model and the newer model is 2X better, ofcourse there are many people out there who would so what im sayin itll probably be better to keep your ipad 1 rather than sell it because if you bought it for like $800 and sell it at $450-$500 your losing like $300!!! unless you really dont need it and dont care that your losing $300 than yea....sell it
    Last edited by athleticswimmer; 11-26-2010 at 11:31 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

common sense?

I THINK SO
    EDM

so tempted to get rid of my macbook pro and buy a ipad 2g.. that's if it has 128gb 3g hehe... and some way to watch flash sites *sighs*
    iPhone 4S 64GB White 5.1 UL | i7 Hackintosh 3.5 Ghz 32GB/ 2x128GB SSD, 2x1TB HD, 2x3TB HD, 2TB HD 10.7.3

Great. I just bought an Ipad.

/Bastards

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast