+ Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Is iOS 4.3 Just Weeks Away?

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Originally Posted by MetallicaFan1991 For about 2 years only before Apple drop support for it, 2G had it's day, 3G will be next year, 3GS in 2012 and so on...
    Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MetallicaFan1991 View Post
    For about 2 years only before Apple drop support for it, 2G had it's day, 3G will be next year, 3GS in 2012 and so on...

Apple have added about 5 major things to the iOS since it's release, App Store, Copy and Paste, Multitasking, Folders and home screen wallpaper?

Most phones already had those features back in 2007 anyway. Things like GameCenter, iBooks, iMovie etc should not be considered a new feature as they could be downloaded from the App Store.

iOS 4.3 will have the same boring dull grey UI with features that 90% of people won't notice like with 4.2.
    I agree. Apple is behind the times with features that other phones have had for years, but then again other companies have been making phones for years. As far as shelf life for phone models...Apple has come further than other companies in a very short time period. They shouldn't have 5 phones that they have to keep 5 different firmwares up to date. Look at Android. They are facing this exact same issue right now. I am skipping the iPhone 5 and getting the iPhone 6 if they are jailbreakable. The same goes with the iPad. I am skipping the iPad 2 and will get the iPad 3 unless by then another manufacturer has finally released a touchpad with a real OS.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainChaos For This Useful Post:

MetallicaFan1991 (11-26-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jamriman View Post
    Id rather have 3.0 jailbroken.
    same. 4.x is a nightmare

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

These frequent updates is annoying..

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Maybe if Apple spent less time fighting jailbreakers and releasing crap software updates to combat them and blowing alot of money on crap sub-par updates.....then they would have more time to concentrate on releasing a true quality software update and actually CATCH UP to the rest of the cell phone world among other things.

I think this recent 4.0 update was supposed to have something like 100 new features, but can anybody actually name every single feature? I sure can't. Or is it just some number Apple threw out to glorify their OS.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jibaro3 View Post
    They have to fix 4.2 first before talking about 4.3
    4.3 would be the fix

Banned
    Thanks

Don't forget, every iOS update does fix some of the previous bugs but it brings new and useless features and even more bugs.

The way its going iOS 5 will just be bugs and faults with nothing new and it will remove a lot of useful features. Oh, thats unless you buy the latest iDevice then it will work fine.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wolverinemarky View Post
    wonder if these updates popping out so close together is to keep the devs from wanting to jb and unlock due to the high frequency of changes. this isnt really like apple to have to do so many updates close together.
    HMMMM? could be?

HAHA , me too iOS 4.1 
    Last edited by CX3NT3_713; 11-26-2010 at 12:20 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

I have come to the realization...

Stick with the firmware your device came with. Jailbreak it. Be happy. The next firmware won't be any better than what came with the device.

I've learned this on every iPhone. Sticking to 3.2 or whatever it is on the iPad. Works fine, has multitasking. Forget 4.2. Didn't speed up my 3G at all. Still sucks. Apple wins. I'm getting an iPhone 4 first week of December.

previously known as iPhoneman2K, iphoneman76 iPhoneMuscle's Avatar
    Thanks

Bring it on!!!! I'm ready!

iPhone? More like MyPhone sucram6791's Avatar
    Thanks

idk if its true but it needs to b if they want to keep their lead over android

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sucram6791 View Post
    idk if its true but it needs to b if they want to keep their lead over android
    Android is winning with another fail from Apple.

I'm recommending people go for any Android phone only coz I haven't seen/used a Windows phone yet.

I've recommended people stay away from the iPhone ever since I got one.

What's Jailbreak? ingesterfella's Avatar
    Thanks

Apple are slacking too Many bugs in recent firmwares why can't they just take there time and rel a stable firmware for all they are never goner beat devs

Thanks

i think they should make a new and more apelative UI, cause with the succes of android and with the interface of windows phone 7 they make iOS appear too old. the only thing that apple is better for now is the apple store. that is my opinion. i love my iphone 4,i just think they need some inovation
    macbook pro retina 15" early 2013 16gb ram
    iphone 5s 64GB black

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

My iPad desperately needed 4.x.x to bring it up to speed with folders, AirPlay and Airprint. Its a tethered JB for now but you know what, most everything i use on my iphone works on the iPad. I am looking forward to an untethered JB tho.. Although this since i have jailbroke 2 days ago i have only re-booted my iPad 3 or 4 times and that is just installing stuff through Cydia. no big deal. The battery life lasts forever on the iPad, like 10+ hours so i rarely let it die completely.

Fix those bugs apple. I will keep updating, jailbreaking, and unlocking! Thanks to all the devs involved in keeping our iDevice free of APPLE's BS!
    Last edited by vantheman169; 11-26-2010 at 06:14 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gotjpeg View Post
    To the person who said this would be the first *.3. There was a 1.3 and a 1.4 for the original iPhone.
    Wrong. You are thinking of 1.1.3, and 1.1.4 (and let's not forget the iPod touch 1g's pointless 1.1.5 update.) Those arent 1.3 and 1.4 firmwares.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Still on 3.1.2 and happy. Waiting for something decent to come out in iOs 4 that makes upgrading worth it.

Green Apple
    Thanks

*Conspiracy Theory*
    Apple has realeased more updates in a given period of time than prior years. These updates hurt JB developers as it's time consuming to update their code. Thus attempting to frustrate them and the JB community from continuing.

*Fact*
    Apple best developments on the iPhone were ideals taken directly from JB apps. (This fact is debatable, but Folders and Backgrounding were great ideas)

The reality is we feel Apple is out to get us. Probably true due to the nature of updates, but they would lose their source of good ideas for the iOS.

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Media Event! Hopefully we'll get an awesome look at upcoming products!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Isn't the new cydia out yet?

Green Apple
    Thanks

I'm on 4.0.1, jailbroke, unlocked, and happy.