+ Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Is iOS 4.3 Just Weeks Away?

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
I am in the middle of downgrading my iPad back to 3.2.2 as 4.2.1 has so many bugs. I hope they add USB support back to the camera USB addon
    Banned
    Thanks

I am in the middle of downgrading my iPad back to 3.2.2 as 4.2.1 has so many bugs.
    I hope they add USB support back to the camera USB addon as I could no longer read any USB sticks with the new error "This USB device uses too much power"

My iPhone is a Part of Me EskimoRuler's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wolverinemarky View Post
    wonder if these updates popping out so close together is to keep the devs from wanting to jb and unlock due to the high frequency of changes. this isnt really like apple to have to do so many updates close together.
    True, they should have just released it all together, if they have been working on the daily app for months now then they could have just synchronized into one update
    You don't like the iPad because you don't have one!

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

I look at it a little differently. Let them pump out 12 firmwares a year as far as I am concerned. Most phones are the same phone from the day you buy it to the day you buy a different phone to replace it. The iPhone is constantly updated to provide new content for the endusers.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

"Bug fixes" my a**. They intentionally leave "bugs" in their software so they can use it as an excuse to patch the jailbreaks that are released instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivel View Post
    All of these things are ridiculous. Im going to stay on my 4.0.2 until iOS 5 comes out. Lol
    iOS 5 will probably be WORSE than iOS 4.0. Seems like Apple is going the wrong direction with their updates.
    Last edited by RICO_; 11-25-2010 at 01:25 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

I still see no real reason to update from 4.1. Too much of a headache with compatibility issues and no new useful features (not for me, anyway. I understand iOS 4.2 was cool for some, but the only Apple device I use is my iPod). 4.3 sounds like a total waste if this is all they're really doing. The Fox app does all this for free, not to mention the other ten news apps (at least).

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by m/ibnzicemanm/ View Post
    ^^^ i agree. your best bet would be to just stick with your current firmware instead of upgrading to something thats practically guaranteed to be buggy.
    Quote Originally Posted by blueblaze4444 View Post
    Honestly, Im hating iOS 4.2. I just updated and it's horrible.
    I know. Me, too. I'm contemplating downgrading back to 4.0.1. What a mistake to update!

Green Apple
    Thanks

So the dev team may not even bring out there unlock then cos it would just get patched.. So this mean I justhave a expensive iPod till the next FW update unless the decide they are gonna come out with the unlock, I'm gonna stay on 4.1 till the big release if the FW

Green Apple
    Thanks

They have to fix 4.2 first before talking about 4.3

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jibaro3 View Post
    They have to fix 4.2 first before talking about 4.3
    Guessing thats why they are bring out 4.3 to fix all the bugs and issues they are having wit it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by QWood13 View Post
    I'm still on iOS 4.0 lol
    Me too. Works great.
    Quaerite et invenietis.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wolverinemarky View Post
    wonder if these updates popping out so close together is to keep the devs from wanting to jb and unlock due to the high frequency of changes. this isnt really like apple to have to do so many updates close together.
    Yeah i think that is what they may be doing. guess im sticking with 4.1 for a while.
    It's a recession when your neighbour loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
    -- Harry S. Truman

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChaos View Post
    I look at it a little differently. Let them pump out 12 firmwares a year as far as I am concerned. Most phones are the same phone from the day you buy it to the day you buy a different phone to replace it. The iPhone is constantly updated to provide new content for the endusers.
    For about 2 years only before Apple drop support for it, 2G had it's day, 3G will be next year, 3GS in 2012 and so on...

Apple have added about 5 major things to the iOS since it's release, App Store, Copy and Paste, Multitasking, Folders and home screen wallpaper?

Most phones already had those features back in 2007 anyway. Things like GameCenter, iBooks, iMovie etc should not be considered a new feature as they could be downloaded from the App Store.

iOS 4.3 will have the same boring dull grey UI with features that 90% of people won't notice like with 4.2.

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I'll stick with 4.1 jailbreak until I see something worth upgrading for.

Seriously it's just to much work for nothing sometimes.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    I haven't tried 4.2 on the iPad but it feels buggy on my iPhone 4. I keep getting app closes or delayed notifications. To the person who said this would be the first *.3. There was a 1.3 and a 1.4 for the original iPhone.

iPhone? More like MyPhone DayumQuitPlayin's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't see how people can think that Apple purposely roll out updates to hinder jailbreaks and find bugs because they're lazy. Jailbreaking isn't Apple's first priority. They don't approve of it, but they're not going to waste money and man-hour just to block it. Also, some of you guys need to be more reasonable. There's going to be bugs in software. Of course Apple's going to need feedback from their customers to find bugs because there's so many people using their products doing everything on it that their staff may miss. As long as Apple responds by pushing out updates to resolve these issues I'll be satisfied.

Anyway, I can't wait to update my iPad, I'm just holding off until Dev-Team comes out with an untethered jailbreak.

My iPhone is a Part of Me hollow0's Avatar
    Thanks

geez Paul i gave this to you a few days ago, and you couldn't even acknowledge me? Pfft....

Quote Originally Posted by DayumQuitPlayin View Post
    I don't see how people can think that Apple purposely roll out updates to hinder jailbreaks and find bugs because they're lazy. Jailbreaking isn't Apple's first priority. They don't approve of it, but they're not going to waste money and man-hour just to block it. Also, some of you guys need to be more reasonable. There's going to be bugs in software. Of course Apple's going to need feedback from their customers to find bugs because there's so many people using their products doing everything on it that their staff may miss. As long as Apple responds by pushing out updates to resolve these issues I'll be satisfied.

Anyway, I can't wait to update my iPad, I'm just holding off until Dev-Team comes out with an untethered jailbreak.
    You're in denial if you think Apple doesn't real out updates to block jailbreaking. All updates such as 4.0.1 and 4.0.2 were only added to prevent jailbreaking. And there were several prior to these. It was released right after our jailbreak tool was ready. Open your mind and wake up man. This is how Apple works and it's always been that way.
    Last edited by hollow0; 11-25-2010 at 07:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MetallicaFan1991 View Post
    For about 2 years only before Apple drop support for it, 2G had it's day, 3G will be next year, 3GS in 2012 and so on...

Apple have added about 5 major things to the iOS since it's release, App Store, Copy and Paste, Multitasking, Folders and home screen wallpaper?

Most phones already had those features back in 2007 anyway. Things like GameCenter, iBooks, iMovie etc should not be considered a new feature as they could be downloaded from the App Store.

iOS 4.3 will have the same boring dull grey UI with features that 90% of people won't notice like with 4.2.
    At least Apple supports its phones for couple of years and just some years because the hardware cannot keep up to the software update.... I'm no Apple fan boy and I understand what your saying about that all those features were late to the phone but it is because Apple implements them perfectly I mean to copy and paste in other phones you have to press X + Shift + C + CTRL for 5 seconds and then release C and to paste P + C + Shift + 2. I mean they have all of these features but very badly implemented and of course Apple also takes its time because they are doing marketing to win more money but what company doesn't?

Quote Originally Posted by DayumQuitPlayin View Post

Totally agree with you everybody is has paranoia about Apple releasing software updates because of JB.

For all others that are saying that Apple sucks because of the buggy software updates chill out I mean it is of the few times this has happened and personally most of times I never realize what has changed in minor upgrades so what's the problem to stay with 4.0 or 4.1?
    My iPhone works perfectly and I love iOS 4 haven't found anything that bothers me.

Thanks

I don't think apples on a vendetta, they're just closing exploits. I'm sure they don't mind closing them though. Lol

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PWNsyst3m View Post
    I don't think apples on a vendetta, they're just closing exploits. I'm sure they don't mind closing them though. Lol
    Apple are just like a crying kid that had their lollypop stolen, they always have and always will cry about jailbreaking YOUR iDevices.

Thats all they did till jailbreaking became legal and now they are not saying anything but still fighting against it every chance they have.

Look at my previous comment. They also remove features that are really useful just coz they are bastards.
    I'm talking about the ability to use the camera usb dongle to connect usb sticks to the iPad. In 3.2.* you could, in 4.2.1 you no longer can.
    After you jailbreaked your iPad you can use iFile to access any files on a USB stick and copy to and from it. No longer will Apple let you do this as they are still crying over jailbreaking and anything you can do with it.

Thanks

Another update just for the news publications? Maybe if they would have been able to release 4.2 a lot sooner this might make more sense. It just seems like Apple is pumping out updates without carefully patching all the bugs.