Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Talk of iPad 2 Hurting Sales of iPad 1?

If it was me i would do the same for the new one.

My iPhone is a Part of Me EskimoRuler's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    The release of the next iPad according to Apple's 12 month release cycle is over 4 months away! That's a long time to wait just to see what the next model is. Smart people will buy the iPad now.. then sell it for 80% of it's value in 4 months in anticipation of upgrading.
    Why does no one else notice that apple products are release the same time each year from when they were released, and I agree with you on smart people buying it now, 4 montsh is a long time
    You don't like the iPad because you don't have one!

i mean people are talking like the iPad 2 is going to be such a huge amazement..
    its going to have more ram and a front facing camera..Hopefully a better screen...

i definitely wont be in a rush to buy it. I purchased an iPad 1st gen 3 weeks ago again
    i purchased one on launch and ended up selling it for more than i bought it..i couldnt live without it

so i purchased another one. Being a college student, lugging around my i5 15" macbook pro can be a hassle
    now i carry my keyboard dock and my 32gb iPad and i am good to go..
    i honestly am fine with the Ram it has now..it doesnt bother me too much

ill probably get the iPad 2 next June/July when the hype dies down..

Passing thru...
    But I think there is a lot of arrogance in these comments.

Maybe people aren't buying the iPad1 b/c they simply can't or won't spend money on a product that has such limited features? The lack of a camera forward or rear turns many people off from the iPad. The fact it comes with half the processor and half the ram as a little iPhone4 (which I'm using now) is also a big deal.

And finally, apple still hasn't breached the gap from "this is just a tech gadget..." to "this is the next generation of computing and it allows me to do this and that more efficiently"

Basically the majority of people buying the thing are techies. In comparison I see 70 year old men and women coming in to apple stores for their iPhones.

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

1) After seeing the iPhone 4, why would you buy an overpriced device with hardware nowhere as good as iPhone 4?

2) Buying an iPad after 6 months of it's release date is stupid because you know Apple update their products every year around same time period and the 2nd gen iPad will clearly be better.

3) The first editon of a product is usually cr*p anyway.

4) People come out with the excuse, you'll be waiting forever for the next release blah blah because they know deep down they could have just waited a couple of months to see what iPad 2nd gen will be like.

Why buy an iPad now? Ever since their popularity Apple products don't sell as good as they used to eg, after 2 years owning an iPhone 2G, I sold it and made a loss of $20. With 3GS, I looked on eBay to sell it and they were going about $150 less than their original price a year ago. It'll be same with iPad, you'll make a pretty big loss if you bought one now and then sold it.

Lol to the people who think buying BEFORE christmas and 2 months before Apple show iPad 2 is a smart idea. Actually not a smart idea.
    Last edited by MetallicaFan1991; 11-23-2010 at 09:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MetallicaFan1991 View Post
    1) After seeing the iPhone 4, why would you buy an overpriced device with hardware nowhere as good as iPhone 4?

2) Buying an iPad after 6 months of it's release date is stupid because you know Apple update their products every year around same time period and the 2nd gen iPad will clearly be better.

4) People come out with the excuse, you'll be waiting forever for the next release blah blah because they know deep down they could have just waited a couple of months to see what iPad 2nd gen will be like.

Why buy an iPad now? Ever since their popularity Apple products don't sell as good as they used to eg, after 2 years owning an iPhone 2G, I sold it and made a loss of $20. With 3GS, I looked on eBay to sell it and they were going about $150 less than their original price a year ago. It'll be same with iPad, you'll make a pretty big loss if you bought one now and then sold it.

Lol to the people who think buying BEFORE christmas and 2 months before Apple show iPad 2 is a smart idea. Actually not a smart idea.
    Agree. I skipped the iPad for an iPhone and my decision was validated by the specs. Yes, I covet one, but yet another good reason to wait is the daily news of alternatives coming to market.

How many people bought 3Gs's four months before the 4 was released? Too many.

The iPad is currently too limited for anything more than play--especially if you already have a notebook or netbook. It sounds like the iPad 2 will have more serious capabilities. As details are released, I'm glad I will have the maneuvering room to get something else. 4 months is not too long to wait. I waited longer than that in anticipation if the iPhone 4 and was richly rewarded.

I waited 6 months (my upgrade was available in January) for the iPhone 4, without even knowing what I was waiting for. I wanted an iPad, right up until I got the iPhone 4. The screen and the 512mb of memory are the biggest reasons I won't buy a current gen iPad. If iPad 2 isn't a significant upgrade, maybe I'll get a gen 1 for cheap.

Exactly. I don't believe people who claim to sell ipads and iPhones for just shy what they paid for them. With a non user replaceable battery? When the next gen is almost always the same price? Not likely.

Default No problem upgrading iDevices
    I may agree that expectation of a second generation iPad could have a minimum impact on 1st generation sales, but for the most part, that doesn’t affect the real die-hard iOS device freaks, because they know that they can purchase an idevice now and if a new generation comes out two month later, they can always sell the old device on eBay and make most, if not all of their moneys back and upgrade to the new device at little or no extra cost. Most of us want the device now, and that’s one of the many beauties of Apple’s idevices.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MetallicaFan1991 View Post

1. I have the iPhone 4 and the iPad is as quick, if not quicker, when opening/closing apps, browsing in Safari, and on boot up. The 4 has a better looking screen, but the iPad makes up for it with better functionality within the apps as the extra real estate let Apple blow the roof off of their normal apps.

2. Buying anything Apple on launch day is stupid. Waiting 6 months is actually smarter. You get to sit back and watch real world testing reveal flaws. And lately Apple has been pumping out a bunch of flaws across their whole product line. The only people that are affected by your logic of "a newer product is coming out in 6 months" are those people that /have/ to have the latest and greatest. 2 years from now people will still be smiling while using their 1st gen iPads.

3. You must be pretty hard to please if everything is crap the first time it is released.

4. Refer to #2.

Wink Just bought one last night, and here's my reason
    I'm itemizing my tax deductions this year, for various reasons. I'm not intending on itemizing next year. I can use it for work, therefore, it's a writeoff.
    Last edited by audio_weasel; 11-28-2010 at 09:28 AM. Reason: spelling

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12