+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Details Emerge on 2011 iPad

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Retina would be nice but i kinda doubt it too and base model would be $699 for the 16 GB wifi model. I have not messed with an iphone 4
    My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

Retina would be nice but i kinda doubt it too and base model would be $699 for the 16 GB wifi model. I have not messed with an iphone 4 but a few times and the screen is nice. But my ipad's screen is pretty awesome already. I would just like to see more Ram, Def a camera on the front, and maybe base GIG of 32. Nobody wants a 16 GB iPad come on!

But whos to say. The iphone 4's price stayed the same as the previous model releases....
    Last edited by vantheman169; 11-19-2010 at 12:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChaos View Post
    I am buying one for the wife for Christmas irregardless of when the next one comes out. It won't have enough features to warrant buying a new one when it is released anyways. When the iPad3 comes out I will give this one to the kids and get her that one.
    Not even if the new one has a front and/or rear camera (for facetime), and retina display, or a bigger flash drive?? This is the very reason I DIDN'T get one. First gen technology always has the least to offer. If they bring these things to the next gen ipad, then they'll get my business.

My iPhone is a Part of Me wolverinemarky's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vantheman169 View Post
    Retina would be nice but i kinda doubt it too and base model would be $699 for the 16 GB wifi model. I have not messed with an iphone 4 but a few times and the screen is nice. But my ipad's screen is pretty awesome already. I would just like to see more Ram, Def a camera on the front, and maybe base GIG of 32. Nobody wants a 16 GB iPad come on!

But whos to say. The iphone 4's price stayed the same as the previous model releases....

The magic price for smartphones is 199 bucks that's why you don't see an increase in price on the phones because that's the number that people find reasonable for that kind of product. I definitely think the base model will be 32gb but I will be shocked if they leave the ram at a low 512mb considering 1gb would put them on par with other next ten tablets. But this is apple they upgrade what they want when they want regardless of competition. January will be the month we find out if not late February for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I am buying one for the wife for Christmas irregardless of when the next one comes out. It won't have enough features to warrant buying a new one when it is released anyways. When the iPad3 comes out I will give this one to the kids and get her that one.

lol.. EXACTLY what Apple wants you todo..
    Buy one now, and buy one later.

PS: I'm already doing that too..

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

damn!!! I bought the 32GB 1stGEN iPad,, I shoulda waited

Thanks

Im getting it no matter when it comes out lol

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    I'd say 512MB RAM... cameras... slightly better screen. I doubt they'll do much with the processor until the iPad 3. Cant give TOO many upgrades at once.
    I said the increase in RAM is enough to get me to ditch my old one for the new one, but I lied. If the processor is the same I'll sell my iPad and stick with my MacBook for a year. 256MB just isn't enough; I can't keep using it with that little bit of RAM. But I need more than just a little bit of RAM to buy another one.
    Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

If I helped you, be sure to press the Thanks! button over there ->
    If I didn't, press it anyway.

Thanks

Please don't say irregardless... It's not a word. It makes no sense regardless is already with no regard. Irregardless, if it WAS a word, would mean "without no regard"

I hope they don't make a new one too soon, I still haven't paid mine off!

Quote Originally Posted by athleticswimmer View Post
    Be quite you nasty piece of crap! I want the fricken ipad 2g!!!!!! Like NOW! i also want ipad ios4, or would you rather stick with 3.2???? Now shut up you anti- applism, back stabbing no good rotting troll!!!( yea i said applism ,the only religion thats worth wasting your money for ) and no im not one of those people who go to church everyday, neither do i plan too! But you probably are.......
    Are you ok? That was the weirdest post I've read in months. Chill dude. Swim a lap or something, man. You're going to tare your sack if u strain so hard
    Last edited by mADMAN8; 11-19-2010 at 07:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

9. The Following User Says Thank You to mADMAN8 For This Useful Post:

mortopher (11-19-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

[QUOTE=mADMAN8;5592720]Please don't say irregardless... It's not a word. It makes no sense regardless is already with no regard. Irregardless, if it WAS a word, would mean "without no regard"

I hope they don't make a new one too soon, I still haven't paid mine off!

Irregardless is a word
    Check out the dictionary

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I really wouldn't get your hopes up for a retina display. The iPad already has the same pixel density and horizontal lines as the new 11" Air and has a higher ppi than any other Apple product besides the iPhone. The 27" iMac only has 1440 horizontal pixels, there's no way a 9.7" screen is going to have 15xx. Plus a touchscreen with that res would be ridiculously expensive. And I doubt apple would do a small change and require all the app devs to redesign their apps after only a year on the market.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

I would love a retina display but I think the cost is too great at this time

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fish2k6 View Post
    I really wouldn't get your hopes up for a retina display. The iPad already has the same pixel density and horizontal lines as the new 11" Air and has a higher ppi than any other Apple product besides the iPhone. The 27" iMac only has 1440 horizontal pixels, there's no way a 9.7" screen is going to have 15xx. Plus a touchscreen with that res would be ridiculously expensive. And I doubt apple would do a small change and require all the app devs to redesign their apps after only a year on the market.

Some really valid points. Never thought about the Devs having to to re-design their apps. But a retina display would be amazing so I guess all we can do is wait and see what ol Stevey Boy has up his sleeves. If anything at all...

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

They dont have to re-design right away. The smart ones will do it and sell when there are limited retina ready apps

My iPhone is a Part of Me EskimoRuler's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    There is nothing at all that would indicate that Apple is accelerating their 12 month scheduled refresh of the iPad. If they released the iPad 2 any earlier than April it would just alienate all the customers who buy it over the holidays. Apple is like clockwork with their iPod and iPhone refresh... 12 months.. no sooner.. no later.
    completely agree
    You don't like the iPad because you don't have one!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I do not expect Apple to refresh their iPad earlier then a year... If Apple was smart, like they are, then they'd wait to launch it right before the Playbook... Outsell the competition =P

However it would be nice to see the Retina Display, wether they add it our not is a different matter. A front facing camera would seem very possible given how Apple is putting FaceTime on everything, a rear one would be nice, but again who knows.

Also the ram increase would be great and they should really get rid of the 16G model.. In today's digital world, media and apps could really pack a punch.. I have a 32G iPhone 4 and I'm almost out of room..

If these features come out then I might consider getting an iPad, but for now I don't really see the need.

Green Apple
    Thanks

With the new 11" and 13" MacBook Air and Apple covering all possible tablet and netbook market supported by Apple as both software and hardware giant company, I strongly believe Apple has already a plan to kill RIM's Playbook with a new iPad 3G or even 4G. There is possibility for Apple to provide a new iPad that support both GSM and CDMA worlds. Front facing camera is a must, as Apple would like to kill Skype. Apple is a market driver, not a follower.
    MacBook Pro | iPhone 4 16GB Factory Unlock

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sh4508 View Post
    With the new 11" and 13" MacBook Air and Apple covering all possible tablet and netbook market supported by Apple as both software and hardware giant company, I strongly believe Apple has already a plan to kill RIM's Playbook with a new iPad 3G or even 4G. There is possibility for Apple to provide a new iPad that support both GSM and CDMA worlds. Front facing camera is a must, as Apple would like to kill Skype. Apple is a market driver, not a follower.
    Agree

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

SWEET cant wait

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tyronal View Post
    Not even if the new one has a front and/or rear camera (for facetime), and retina display, or a bigger flash drive?? This is the very reason I DIDN'T get one. First gen technology always has the least to offer. If they bring these things to the next gen ipad, then they'll get my business.
    The second gen is the one I will skip due to the fact that by the time the 3rd gen rolls around the iPad will have shaped itself into what it will be for a very long time.

Thanks

I hope it's not a full year for the next one. I hate the release in April, it's not near any holiday or my birthday.