Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T.J. Maxx and Marshalls Selling iPadís for $399

Default T.J. Maxx and Marshalls Selling iPadís for $399

Engadget is reporting that discount chain T.J. Maxx is currently selling 16GB Wi-Fi iPads for $399 at select stores across the country. Yes, you hear right, $399, a full $100 off the retail price of an iPad at your local Apple Store. It’s not exactly clear how T.J. Maxx and its sister chain Marshalls, is able to discount the iPad so deeply, but for now the price is right.

Some discount chains like Sam’s Club have been selling iPads at a more modest discount of $12 off the regular price. A quick search of Amazon show’s the iPad selling for $487.99, or a mere $11.01 off the retail price. Currently, the only other way to purchase an iPad for such a low price is to find one on eBay, if you’re lucky.

Blogger Lovelyish (who’s real name is Jessica) recently attended an event held for bloggers at the TJ Maxx/Marshalls headquarters in Boston. The event was mostly a standard media affair, however, at the end of the event Lovelyish writes, “PSST, TOP SECRET ANNOUNCEMENT: TJ Maxx will be selling iPads in select stores across the country, starting this week. Since TJ Maxx promises to offer products at 20%-60% below retail, the president assured us the iPads will be discounted. Start scouting, Lovelies...” TJ Maxx later confirmed the rumors of the iPad price drop when they posted the following message on Twitter:

If you’re like me, you’ve been waiting for the second-generation iPad to be released. Now that the price is lower than ever, I may have to take the plunge and buy one sooner than I thought. I hope more retailers follow suit and are able to sell iPads at this new lower price as well, just in time for Christmas.

Update: After calling the local T.J. Max store in San Francisco, I was informed that iPad’s selling for $399 were only available in Ohio and New York. So unless you’re already going to be in the area, it’s probably not worth it to buy a plane ticket just to get a good deal on an iPad.

Source: Engadget
    Last edited by Wiley John Wright; 11-19-2010 at 03:33 PM. Reason: Update

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I bet no one in the UK will sell it at £100 discount!!!! If they did,then I'd buy one

3. The Following User Says Thank You to dwkkwd For This Useful Post:

ufcsean (11-19-2010)

miPhone's better than yours GellBrake'rrrr's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow!!! Normally it seems as though these stores sell the type of products that customers don't usually buy. Like an orange Tommy Hillfiger shirt, or a purple Nautica sweater.... But now this?? I'm absolutely shocked!!!

A sign that the next generation may be closer that we originally thought or at least that the life of the 16G is about over? Hmmmm...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to LearningMan For This Useful Post:

jOnGarrett (11-19-2010)

Next thing you know they'll be popping up in grocery stores.

Well that first generation iPad is mainly dead now then . It was pretty pointless versus an iPhone 4.

Even at that price better way the next version in two three months !!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone mrrippey's Avatar
    Thanks

clearing out inventory and getting the last money for a gen one before gen two comes out. just like the iphone and ipod.....i'll wait until they all go down and then get gen one ipad and iphone 5....LOL

Rippey
    Rippey
    iOS 4.0 3Gs 32GB on the lamb
    Still has nice things on it, pictures too

2nd gen ipad:

512 MB Ram and Front Facing camera

Nice..My iPhone 4 has that...i will stick with my iPad 1st gen until the 3rd gen iPad comes out
    Especially with the issues the iPhone 4 had shortly after release, you never really know anymore

That's a great deal, regardless of why they're being discounted.
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

I found out from a regional store manager that the only store in Florida that will have them is Sawgrass mills. What a tease...

13. The Following User Says Thank You to isham.padron For This Useful Post:

hornet18 (11-19-2010)

Wonder if this us a sign of clearing the inventory for the new one

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

great they'll be in dollar general next lol

Since I have an iPhone 4, I do not see a point in an iPad. My eyes aren't that bad that I need an oversized iPod Touch.

Now to bad they can't discount the 3G models

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by learningman View Post
    a sign that the next generation may be closer that we originally thought or at least that the life of the 16g is about over? Hmmmm...
    exactly !!

Quote Originally Posted by candypaint View Post
    Since I have an iPhone 4, I do not see a point in an iPad. My eyes aren't that bad that I need an oversized iPod Touch.
    Its not about the eyes, jeez! Its about the feel....would you rather browse the web on the ipad or iphone umm..yea thats what i thought, and its not just the web and mail its a lot more than that! The ipad may not exactly be a true tablet(like you said an oversized ipod touch) but i dont like refering it to that. Once you use it everyday the ipod touch becomes useless because it feels so small and tiny(thats what she said) you can do alot more things with the ipad than with the itouch becuz its bigger. I havnt used my itouch for months now! Becuz of the ipad, you may be saying "well the new itouch haz a camera and retina(well almost) and facetime" but when the new ipad comes out its gonna overthrow the itouch! You dont like the ipad because you dont have it simple as that, stop complaining about how the ipad is an oversized ipod touch cuz in a way there two different things!

Sent from ipad using Modmyi(sucker)

Oh and by the way im not using the modmyi app to write this post im on the web at modmyi.com writing it. And it feels good.
    Last edited by athleticswimmer; 11-19-2010 at 07:43 AM.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to athleticswimmer For This Useful Post:

hitman10 (11-19-2010)

I know where I'm going when I drive down to the U.S. for black friday
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

Just the opposite for me. Since I got the iPad my iPhone 4 is a phone/camera/iPod and not much else. Everything for work is so much easier on iPad.

Exactly!!!

I was calling around after finding this out yesterday. In Virginia, you're going to have to go to Potomac Mills TJMaxx if you want one.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast