+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T.J. Maxx and Marshalls Selling iPadís for $399

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Originally Posted by corkey20000 I was calling around after finding this out yesterday. In Virginia, you're going to have to go to Potomac Mills TJMaxx if you want one. Good
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by corkey20000 View Post
    I was calling around after finding this out yesterday. In Virginia, you're going to have to go to Potomac Mills TJMaxx if you want one.
    Good looks. I'm from Alexandria.

I don't mind writing my documents and homework on my netbooks for portability. Plus working on my iPhone 4 and the plethora of apps doesn't bother me with look, feel, and touch. I don't mind holding small things in my hands. No homo.

But getting one at this price makes a great gift for my mother.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by candypaint View Post
    Good looks. I'm from Alexandria.

I don't mind writing my documents and homework on my netbooks for portability. Plus working on my iPhone 4 and the plethora of apps doesn't bother me with look, feel, and touch. I don't mind holding small things in my hands. No homo.

But getting one at this price makes a great gift for my mother.
    Yup. I live in Richmond, but just didn't get the energy to drive up before they closed. When I called yesterday around 5PM, the woman said they had 7 left. I too want to purchase one for my mother for christmas.

Thanks

I prefer using my iPad for everything except calls then my iPhone comes in handy. As far as game apps , iPad all the way what's the point playing HD games on a 3.5" screen?

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by candypaint View Post
    Since I have an iPhone 4, I do not see a point in an iPad. My eyes aren't that bad that I need an oversized iPod Touch.
    Why do you people always use the same tired argument that the iPad is an oversized iPod Touch?

YES, IT IS! WHAT IS YOUR POINT?

An iPod Touch is an utterly useless device for someone with and iPhone 4, or even a 3GS. But, you stretch that thing to an almost 10" screen and the media, email, and web experience is taken to an entirely new level.

Keep hatin'

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

It's Apple's way of beating out the competition. Strategically placing them at certain stores at a discounted price. This price beats out the Samsung Galaxy Tab which is the only real competitor for the iPad. Still, really weird considering they sell refurbs for $449.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Apple. View Post
    2nd gen ipad:

512 MB Ram and Front Facing camera

Nice..My iPhone 4 has that...i will stick with my iPad 1st gen until the 3rd gen iPad comes out
    Especially with the issues the iPhone 4 had shortly after release, you never really know anymore
    That's probably why I'll be going with an Android with 3.0 tablet or PlayBook if that's all that they change.

Although I think it will be the cameras,more memory and faster processor, base model 32GB instead of 16GB

I'll just wait and see though at this point. I don't have to have one but it would be something I could use.

I'm trying to figure out how TJMaxx can sell $100 cheaper than everyone else. I thought Apple controlled pricing. Does this mean that other stores are going to sell them at $399?

If so then it means the 2nd gen release is close and they're trying to clear inventory

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by isham.padron View Post
    I found out from a regional store manager that the only store in Florida that will have them is Sawgrass mills. What a tease...
    Wow I'm like 20 mins away from Sawgrass Mills!! Yay!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by \m/ibnziceman\m/ View Post
    great they'll be in dollar general next lol
    Or Big Lots!

Thanks

mee too, let us know if they have them

iPhone? More like MyPhone LamboFan's Avatar
    Thanks

Saw this the other day, don't seem to excited yet.

Green Apple
    Thanks

No no no... you guy's have it all wrong. It's not a "sign of the next iPad".

The way TJMaxx (and subsequently Marshalls) works, is they buy huge bulk from companies that have too much stock, or can't sell enough units. They buy clothing, electronics, whatever, at wholesale price and resell it for cheap.

It's probably just some company going out of business with too many iPads on stock, or something of that nature. And that also explains why they're so cheap.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

For those of you who said sawgrass, I just called and they said they didnt have them and that a blogger mislead everyone lol. However the Marshalls did have them in sawgrass but sold out and she said "as of now all of our stores are out and we wont be getting anymore." If someone finds me a store that carries them in florida shoot me a PM I'll shoot you $20 on paypal.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Now I wish MMI posted 'news' as it was breaking (thats a reference to the google voice thread if anyone cares), cus I just called around and found out all the stores in my area had 10 yesterday and they're all sold out now.... and it was the only shipment the entire chain was getting of ipads. Killed my plan of selling my ipad 3g unlocked and jailbroken on ebay for a nice profit and just keeping these new wifi only models that tjmaxx clearly purchased off the black market from some guy at foxconn who stole them from a crashed delivery truck in china....

lol I dont know where all that came from

iPhone? More like MyPhone McMichael96's Avatar
    Thanks

I was going to wait and buy the 2gen but I won my iPad in a contest. No complaints here! It's awesome that I got it free.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeMiamiFL View Post
    Or Big Lots!
    I don't see a problem with it. Marshall's does sell quality merchandise at a discounted price, such as Ralph Lauren. And besides, if the iPhone 4/iPad is sold at WalMart and Target, why not Marshall's or TJMaxx? Just this year dud my girlfriend buy a original new Belkin case for her iPod at the dollar tree stor, for obviousl one dollar. It's all about saving money! I mean, we all know it doesn't take Apple $500 to create these things, so why pay more than you rightfully should?

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wiley John Wright View Post
    Itís not exactly clear how T.J. Maxx and its sister chain Marshalls, is able to discount the iPad so deeply, but for now the price is right.
    I'll tell you how... Market saturation.

Quote Originally Posted by McMichael96 View Post
    I was going to wait and buy the 2gen but I won my iPad in a contest. No complaints here! It's awesome that I got it free.
    WTF does that have to do with this thread?
    Last edited by sziklassy; 11-19-2010 at 12:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Green Apple
    Thanks

The price was true. Only one store in my town have them and by the time I arrive there all gone

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jibaro3 View Post
    The price was true. Only one store in my town have them and by the time I arrive there all gone
    The price will only continue to fall. Apple loves to release new generations yearly. They're just trying to squeeze out as much money that they can from us.

Thanks

Can't wait till we can buy iPhone/iPods on vending machines

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pacmac View Post
    Can't wait till we can buy iPhone/iPods on vending machines
    You can, when I was in Florida at the airport, I saw a Best Buy vending machine selling iPods