+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: RIM Says PlayBook Beats iPad for Browsing

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
More competition is healthy. The Playbook uses a dual-core processor I heard, so there is reason to believe this video is true that the Playbook would load webpages faster than
    Green Apple
    Thanks

More competition is healthy. The Playbook uses a dual-core processor I heard, so there is reason to believe this video is true that the Playbook would load webpages faster than the iPad.

But we'll have the compare the 2nd gen iPad to the Playbook for a more fair comparison aye?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

7" is too small for web browsing games etc.

I dont think I could get used to a 7" display after using the ipad's nearly 10".

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

By the time this is out, there'll be a newer, faster model of the iPad that'll make this irrelevant, and perhaps even embarass RIM if apple does the same thing back.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JacquesChirac View Post
    By the time this is out, there'll be a newer, faster model of the iPad that'll make this irrelevant, and perhaps even embarass RIM if apple does the same thing back.
    Or maybe Jobs will release some more Beatles concerts.

Where the hell is the 4.2 release?

the Playbook seems to be more portable computer than a cellphone with a giant screen minus the calling capability.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,138 Times in 888 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bingbang View Post
    the Playbook seems to be more portable computer than a cellphone with a giant screen minus the calling capability.
    Well maybe the iPhone is just a portable computer with a phone app.

But to be serious; the more competion the better. I love my iPad but am always intrigued by things like the Playbook. It is all about the OS to me than the hardware. The iOS is all around workable; same with Android. I just would like to see more on the QNX OS that the Playbook uses.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by psilocybin View Post
    Well you can find yourself an android site than
    still waiting for my C64s to ship
    which will SO kick all your iDroidBerry foolishness.

Quote Originally Posted by Cer0 View Post
    Well maybe the iPhone is just a portable computer with a phone app.

But to be serious; the more competion the better. I love my iPad but am always intrigued by things like the Playbook. It is all about the OS to me than the hardware. The iOS is all around workable; same with Android. I just would like to see more on the QNX OS that the Playbook uses.
    I would like to see the QNX AppStore before I jump to conclusions.
    (the one that will soon be populated with all the Droid/iPhone developers fleeing their respective dying platforms)

Thanks
    my ipad is great as it is,but i do like the idear of all the others coming into the market because it will push things forward with the next ipad that i will be one of the first to pre order..

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by psilocybin View Post
    Well you can find yourself an android site than
    Lol I will but that when I get it until then I stay here

Thanks

congratulations your tablet is faster on at browsing then the ipad.. WOW!! who the eff cares.

Fish are friends, not food!
    Neither is Slow Internet.

Thanks

Yea it won't compare to apple and the iPad size dose matter and just a thought the playbook loads faster on a smaller screen now do the test with the iPhone 4 on wifi my iPhone 4 beats my iPad on 3G & wifi.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hitman10 View Post
    congratulations your tablet is faster on at browsing then the ipad.. WOW!! who the eff cares.
    Fanboy alert.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Watching the flash chug was painful and all u could think about was how much battery was being drained because the processor was having to work so hard.

Green Apple
    Thanks

An iPad is just a iPod touch with a bigger screen

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hpwill View Post
    A SUV is just a bigger version of a station wagon but people still perfer the SUV.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I like it how, in the ad, the guy manually types in ".com" instead of the ".com" button.
    I am bored.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by awesome.rising View Post
    I like it how, in the ad, the guy manually types in ".com" instead of the ".com" button.
    I am glad I am not the only one that noticed that lol.

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hpwill View Post
    Yes, it is a bigger iPod touch, your point?

I still don't understand why people try to use this as some sort of slam against the iPad. An iPod touch is of no benefit to me because it offers nothing that my iPhone can't already do (or at least do better than my iPhone). Give me a 10" screen and that same iPod touch instantly becomes a much better tool for media, emails, and web browsing.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ARCHA1C's Avatar
    Thanks

Good for RIM.
    The iPad holds its own pretty well for being an "old" device.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Daniel Ash View Post
    YouTube - BlackBerry PlayBook and iPad Comparison: Web Fidelity

RIM is working on trying to build some early pre-release buzz for its PlayBook tablet, which won't be out until the spring. However, that's not stopping the Blackberry manufacturer from throwing down: they produced a new video that they say shows the PlayBook beating the iPad at Web browsing. Of course, there's no way of knowing if the video is rigged, and it's worth noting that it's not entirely fair to compare a 2011 PlayBook to a 2010 iPad. However, it shows that RIM is taking the tablet fight - which Apple has a big head-start on - seriously.

RIM’s PlayBook is not supposed to be available until March of 2011, almost a year after the iPad started shipping. Nevertheless, the company is clearly eager to position their tablet as the much-anticipated "iPad killer". They have already strongly intimated that the PlayBook will be priced lower than the base $499 iPad. The next phase of their campaign appears to be based on the supposed performance gains of the PlayBook. In this video, "Matthew" from RIM's web browser group pits a PlayBook against an iPad running iOS 3.2.2, loading various pages over WiFi. In addition to the Acid3 standards-based rendering test and a Javascript performance test, the engineer loads the UEFA soccer league's website, and CBS.com, which was clearly chosen because it is Flash-based and makes the iPad look bad. The PlayBook's OS is based on Adobe’s Flash and Air technologies, so it's understandable that they'd want to emphasize that.

It's difficult to do a head-to-head comparison between the two devices. The PlayBook’s display is physically smaller, at seven inches, than the iPad's 9.6-inch screen, as well as being lower resolution (1024 by 600 pixels versus 1024 by 768 for the iPad). However, the PlayBook has a 1 GHz dual-core Cortex-A9 processor, as opposed to the iPad's single-core A4 chip. Most observers expect a new model iPad by the time the PlayBook is ready to ship, which should at least have 512MB of RAM like the iPhone 4's, if not a dual-core chip.

In short, it's a nice piece of marketing, but unlikely to sway anyone who's already planning to buy an iPad. It'll also be cold comfort to any PlayBook owners if a faster iPad 2 comes out in the spring.

Source: Engadget

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Watching the flash on the Blackberry thing... Was quite miserable, it looked like it was dying. I'd love to see something better than an iPad come out just to like.. provide more options. IMO though.. it's just better. The apps, the amount of apps, and even if it could browse better, where's the enormous high powered app store? Frash looks like it runs flash better on the iPad than the flash on that thing.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12