+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Nvidia Chief Hypes Android Tablets

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
The level of competition in the tablet marketplace has gone from non-existent to booming in what seems to be the blink of an eye. With heavy-hitters like RIM and Samsung
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,471 Times in 558 Posts

Default Nvidia Chief Hypes Android Tablets

The level of competition in the tablet marketplace has gone from non-existent to booming in what seems to be the blink of an eye. With heavy-hitters like RIM and Samsung already in line to take a shot at Apple's tablet dominance, Nvidia CEO Jen-Hsun Huang says the dawn of Android tablets could change the dynamics of the tablet marketplace once and for all. During his company's earnings call this week, Huang - sort of like how Steve Jobs jumped on Apple's recent earnings call - pontificated about the many ways in which forthcoming rival tablets will be "magical" - yes, he used the word "magical."

So is it all gratuitous self-promotion or is Nvidia's chief really on to something with regard to the role that Nvidia's Tegra mobile processing chips will play in the emerging tablet market? For now, at least, Huang isn't so blinded by hope that he's out of touch with reality. During the call, he clearly stated that competing tablets undoubtedly trail Apple's iPad in myriad ways. But that could soon change. "Although they're a little behind, the work that Google and Andy Rubin's team is doing at Google is just really amazing," he said. "I mean, this is clearly a world-class engineering team, And they're building a magical product."

For the record, he used the word "magical" twice. Huang and Jobs really like that word.

Perhaps what's more significant than hype over which tablet will ultimately prevail as the big winner in 2011 (although I think most are banking on Apple's iPad), the bigger story contained within tablet-centric headlines of the week is how major players in the tech world are becoming increasingly vocal about the reduced necessity of traditional computers. As tablets become just as - if not more - sophisticated than our traditional desktops, many analysts are already convinced that tablets will eventually become the standard computing necessity.

ZDNet

Thanks

I knew Apple should've trademarked the word "Magical".

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

iPad 2 will own them all unless Android 3.0 has tablet support.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

"As tablets become just as - if not more - sophisticated than our traditional desktops"
    Yeah that will be the day. I can not see how a limited space for hardware be more sophisticated than a desktop which can have virtually unlimited space.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

these people must be confident to be using the word "magical"...dont you think?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,851 Times in 811 Posts

The word "magical" should only be used when referring to Disneyland...

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to toyvan For This Useful Post:

AnthonyGiola (11-12-2010), trolius (11-12-2010)

Green Apple
    Thanks

I played with an ipad for the first time today n i want one. Im a big fan of apples mobile ios, its easy to use the devices look simple and personally dont think anyone will rival idevices. Blackberry r for stuck up people that secretly want an apple device but want to b different and android doesnt look so nice.
    No Sig Spam..

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Blackberry with multitasking along with business apps, it is more of a business machine than iPad.
    As for stuck up people iPad owner fit better with "look at me I own an iPad"

Undisputed Theme Champ AnthonyGiola's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,568 Times in 853 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by toyvan View Post
    The word "magical" should only be used when referring to Disneyland...
    You forgot DisneyWorld Al...

What's Jailbreak? ingesterfella's Avatar
    Thanks

Um I had a play with the galaxy tab the other day it sucked big time apple ipad rules and the 2 nd gen will be even better I don't think they will make a smaller ipad as it just won't work bring on the facetime and retina screen apple rules end off apple fan android sucks big time

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by unison999 View Post
    "As tablets become just as - if not more - sophisticated than our traditional desktops"
    Yeah that will be the day. I can not see how a limited space for hardware be more sophisticated than a desktop which can have virtually unlimited space.
    Virtual unlimited space can be achieved with a tablet via "cloud" technology. MobileMe is a perfect example of a step in that direction. I can see 85% of desktop users finding all their computer needs via a tablet. I've already replaced 4 family members computers with ipads. No complaints yet.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,851 Times in 811 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ViiOLENT.HD// View Post
    You forgot DisneyWorld Al...
    never been to DisneyWorld, so I don't know if it's magical or not...