+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: RIM's PlayBook to Deliver Lower Price Tag than iPad

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Originally Posted by redwolf maybe its the fault of the OS and not flash or the hardware.... if Flash was this buggy according to Apple... why is it widely known
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by redwolf View Post
    maybe its the fault of the OS and not flash or the hardware....

if Flash was this buggy according to Apple... why is it widely known and used....?
    Because it came first.

Thanks

Innovation and usefulness aren't lacking in the competitors products. (perhaps design innovation is though)

Apples beautiful designs which create complete and utter brand loyalty in their customers is what sets them apart......my point was price is irrelevant to people who buy apple products. They would probably buy them if they were 100% more expensive then they are now. Because they are beautiful. I think the innovation (of their software), and usefulness (of all of their products) is not any better then many of their competitors.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I don't see the argument here really. The device is awesome, and it's the closest thing competing/surpassing apple in it's current state. When I saw this I thought " WOW, blackberry isn't done yet eh? IMPRESSIVE " i'm not saying i'm going to go out and buy it, but I like the leading direction their taking.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kingboarder View Post
    Well, if I run it on a Windows PC in the office, flash might be more stable but the OS is crashing.....nothing really accomplished doing that

Don't get me wrong though, I love flash content. For example the Avatar Movie homepage, which is completely interactive. However, I do think that Adobe has to work on how many resources flash consumes. I mean the example of the new MacBook Air gaining about 2 hours of battery life just by not installing flash, makes it look pretty bad. If I were a developer of Adobe's flash team, that would really concern me.

Anyway, concerning the actual topic:
    I think, I would buy the Blackberry Playbook, unless Apple drastically improves the second generation iPad. For example the one thing that actually made me get rid of the iPad again was that I couldn't use multiple tabs without Safari constantly reloading when I switched tabs. I hope that the Playbook handles that better or that Apple will fix Safari.
    This isn't to protect Adobe or their Flash, but WTF kind of PCs are you people running that Flash crashes your Windows machines? I have run home-built to prefab machines and have NEVER had a crash due to flash. Hell, I haven't had a crash running Windows 7... PERIOD! Either I am the luckiest person on earth and it's time for me to buy that lottery ticket (unlikely since I have friends in the same boat), or there are just a bunch of idiots on here giving unnecessary hate.

Quote Originally Posted by MindGem View Post
    The OS on that is pretty un-professional looking.
    You're right. iOS with it's 4x5 grid of square icons looks far more professional...
    Last edited by sziklassy; 11-11-2010 at 07:01 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

5. The Following User Says Thank You to sziklassy For This Useful Post:

CaptainChaos (11-11-2010)

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kingboarder View Post
    yeah...that sounds kinda impossible.
    I mean Adobe's "awesome" flash player even locks up browsers on the 12 core MacPro I use at work!!!
    That is the fault of OSX. Flash runs smoothly on my 8 core HP DV7. iTunes on the otherhand...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Perhaps I'm confused...
    Shouldn't a 7" tablet be cheaper than a 9.7" one? I'll grant that the PlayBook has features that the iPad doesn't, but iPad 2 will likely include many of those at the current iPad price, and PlayBook will be competing with that more than the original iPad.

Maybe I'm way off base...

Green Apple
    Thanks
    RIM needs to show me the OS. I tired of seeing videos. I wonder what the app support is going to be like. Netflix and etc.

I wanted a 7" tablet but so far no one's really stepping up to the plate. Samsung price kills it for me and Google really isn't giving too much info on it's OS as far as it relates to tablets.

I will take a look at the LG tablet and it's 8.9" screen and what the iPad 2 has to offer. It's not really fair to compare the new tablets to the iPad.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    This isn't to protect Adobe or their Flash, but WTF kind of PCs are you people running that Flash crashes your Windows machines? I have run home-built to prefab machines and have NEVER had a crash due to flash. Hell, I haven't had a crash running Windows 7... PERIOD! Either I am the luckiest person on earth and it's time for me to buy that lottery ticket (unlikely since I have friends in the same boat), or there are just a bunch of idiots on here giving unnecessary hate.

You're right. iOS with it's 4x5 grid of square icons looks far more professional...
    Couldn't agree with you more!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

haha! remember the old days when apple and blackberry just use to be a fruit!!!...well I dont...

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12