Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Lets Verizon Produce iPad Commercial

Quote Originally Posted by feidhlim1986 View Post
    Look up what implying means. I have made up my mind, I didn't give you any contradictory statements.
    How can AT&T imply anything if they didn't make it? It's a contradiction.

Apple - iPhone 4 - One-tap video calling with FaceTime on iPhone 4
    Video on Apple.com states at the end that FaceTime requires iPhone 4 and Wifi, they don't mention iPod.
    Guess when that was made. The new touch not even announced announced.

I have 6 Unicorns and Dragon in my back garden.This must be fact and I don't need to prove this to you because I don't claim to have any proof. But what I say is still true
    Are you kidding me? The burden of proof is on the news makers who are making the claims that Apple has never allowed it. I provided admittedly VERY little evidence to the contrary but basically said that they need to look closer because I don't think that's the case based on what I see and know. If they are "sure" enough to make that claim in the news, and many sites are reporting it that way today, then THEY need to back up that claim.

When the iPhone was exclusive with O2 in Ireland, not all the Ads had the O2 logo at the end either. Oh and by the way, those Ads were, and still are, exactly the same Ads you guys get in the U.S except with a different voice over. So I suppose AT&T made ads for the networks in other countries too ya?
    I haven't shown you one ad that I believed to be from AT&T. They're not on the Apple channel.

Yes I believe I was quoting you. You were the one who wrote "hadn't of"
    "" is right. Read what I said again.
    I corrected someone for saying "tell, tell" instead of "tell-tale" and then said that he should not be trying to use a word or phrase that he doesn't know the meaning of. I used the common example of idiots who think that "'ve" = "of" as an example of people who make that same mistake of using a words that they don't know the meaning of. Seriously. What does "could of" MEAN in that context? NOTHING! It means "have" because it IS "have," and not "OF."

This comes primarily from the practice of pronouncing a double contraction that you would never write, like "couldn't've." "Hadn't of" is the most extreme example because, when corrected, it basically means "had not have," which is redundant (had not stands alone). It being wrong was exactly my point.

"Tell-tale"

If you don't know what you are saying, why are you saying it? That's the same questsion I have to ask all of the "could/would/should/hadn't of" people. It's HAVE, not OF!
    IOW, I said "This, [quote], is wrong" and you said "You [quote of quote] are wrong." NO! I was right that it was wrong. You were wrong that I was wrong. Is this getting too confusing for you?

Let me put it this way: If I quoted you saying that "...'hadn't of' if very poor english" and said "Hey, feidhlim1986: 'hadn't of' is poor English," then I'd be doing the same thing to you that you did to me. You could quote me and chance "feidhlim1986" to CZroe and we could go on correcting each other for infinity.
    Last edited by CZroe; 11-09-2010 at 09:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by plumoso View Post
    Verizon sucks idk why apple let this happen
    ^^^^ is this guy for real?

Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
    So are all of the commercials for the iPhone 4 by at&t? Every one of them mentions a feature the iPod touch 4 also has and then continues to say "Only on the iPhone 4.". I really don't know who makes the commercials. Maybe Apple hires some other company. Maybe Apple and at&t work together. Maybe they are by at&t. But I think most of you guys need to calm down over a single statement that Apple has been the only one to make ads for iDevices.
    No they don't. If it's not only on iPhone 4, they wouldn't say that in a new commercial. Get real. Also, this is about the news being valid in the first place and that same claim is running rampant everywhere else too. The original iPhone commercial shows many activities that you can do on an iPod touch and continually says that your iPod can't do this... or this... or this... or, for that matter [phone rings], this [phone is answered and goes off screen presumably to converse]. It was demonstrating CoverFlow, music playback, web browsing, etc, all of which you can do on the iPod touch series. Of course, after that, they dropped the "only on iPhone" bits for the things that truly were only for iPhone.

Quote Originally Posted by athleticswimmer View Post
    ^^^^ is this guy for real?
    Probably brainwashed himself to justify AT&T exclusivity for his idealistic view of Apple (they can make no bad/wrong decision in his eyes).
    Last edited by CZroe; 11-09-2010 at 09:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
    No they don't. If it's not only on iPhone 4, they wouldn't say that in a new commercial. Get real. Also, this is about the news being valid in the first place and that same claim is running rampant everywhere else too. The original iPhone commercial shows many activities that you can do on an iPod touch and continually says that your iPod can't do this... or this... or this... or, for that matter [phone rings], this [phone is answered and goes off screen presumably to converse]. It was demonstrating CoverFlow, music playback, web browsing, etc, all of which you can do on the iPod touch series. Of course, after that, they dropped the "only on iPhone" bits for the things that truly were only for iPhone.
    Watch the new ad: "Every" on Apple's channel (youtube.com/watch?v=IeDTJZtFfI0&feature=youtube_gdata_player). It's from Oct 5th. Almost a month after the new iPods. What commercials have you been watching? I've never seen an iPhone commercial that doesn't say "Only on the iPhone."

My iPhone is a Part of Me hollow0's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
    Are you kidding? AT&T makes iPhone commercials ALL THE TIME and Apple let's them get away with aping their style completely. AT&T has made their own commercials for every iPhone product and probably makes and iPad commercial or two as well (I haven't paid attention). AT&T even makes multiple FaceTime commercials saying "Only on iPhone" despite the fact that it's:
    A) An open standard
    B) Available on iPod touch (latest gen)
    C) Has nothing to do with AT&T (can't normally be used with their services)

And, yes, the latest commercial for FaceTime stating that WAS after the latest iPod touch was made and yet AT&T still said "only on iPhone."

You can spot them because they usually have a quick AT&T logo and no music, like this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niOCm...e%20commercial
    Lol that's an apple commercial. They just added the att logo at the end. Apple always makes their own commercials. This is a first time that a vendor has done one.

I spend a lot of time in both the US and the UK, I see the same iPhone commercials in both countries except for one difference. In the US you briefly get an 'Only on AT&T' clip and in the UK until recently you got an 'Only on O2' page. Saw the same ad in France too with 'Only on Orange'.

Plus the ads stink (in a good way, of course) of Apples marketing technique.

Oh, in relation to another answer on the topic. I'll drop this here too...

Verizon working on CDMA network for simultaneous voice and data services
    Last edited by Comedy; 11-10-2010 at 08:43 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12