+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Barron's: 2nd Gen iPad May Have Two Cameras

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Originally Posted by thetoothfairy I would feel stupid taking a picture with the iPad..... holding that big thing up to take a picture! lol thats what i was thinking, i
    My iPhone is a Part of Me EskimoRuler's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thetoothfairy View Post
    I would feel stupid taking a picture with the iPad..... holding that big thing up to take a picture! lol
    thats what i was thinking, i know for sure that it will have a facetime camera because apple is trying to push that. That rear camera possible 3rd gen
    You don't like the iPad because you don't have one!

Banned
    Thanks

Apple is never going to go wild and make huge updates to the iPad or any other device. They will stick to their tried-and-true business model.

Think about it. Look at the features included on the iPhone 4. This is the 4th generation of the iPhone. Yet compared to the original iPhone, the storage has merely doubled from 4/8/16GB to 16/32GB, the CPU speed has only increased by 2.5x from 412Mhz to 1Ghz (and until the iPhone4, they were underclocked!), the memory has only increased from 128MB to 512MB (not really significant across 4 years), the camera has only been improved from 2MP to 5MP. Bluetooth is still locked down and doesn't even allow something as simple as file transfer. They've just now added a wannabe flash for the camera. They've just now added a front-facing camera, but one that's not even a full megapixel. And I'm not even getting into software jokes, like MMS.

None of these are significant changes when you consider that it's the 4th generation. By now it should be way better than that. The next iPad will likely suffer this same fate and have just enough to gain some new buyers and fool some of the idiots that own the first-gen iPad, but it won't be anything to write home about.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zozodouce View Post
    cameras only is not going to do it for me,it needs to able to make cellular calls too.
    so you want a big iphone?????

Thanks

I'm going to go their and say like I said when I bought my iPhone 4 that the next iPad I buy will have to look like the iPhone 4. Yes I love my iPad 3G but if they want to keep me buying the latest iPad they need to make it look like the iPhone 4 glass front and back.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kokowawa View Post
    I'm waiting for the 2nd generation iPad
    but I have a question: now the iPhone 4 and iPad has enough power to run flash applications.. WHY apple still doesn't allow flash to run??
    are you for real The problem isnt with power. problem is with adobe. flash slows down mobile devices, not just iphones. its been proven with droids too.

Mobile devices now make up a huge percentage of video streaming and Flash does not work well on the few devices that support it. Adobe has never been able to demonstrate Flash performing satisfactorily to Steve Jobs and because of this, Flash has not been made available for iOS devices.
    (srry don't know how to quote previous article)

iPhone? More like MyPhone staterunner180's Avatar
    Thanks

I think a front facing camera would be plenty. The rear facing one just wouldn't make any sense. And a Retina Display on the iPad? 1. That would be insanely expensive. and 2. the screen shots would be HUGE! They would literally be double the size of the current iPad screen shots. I'm not sure what the exact resolution on the iPad is now, but double that and it's about the resolution of a computer monitor.
    Quote Originally Posted by lolcats1 View Post
    i will pound you mercilessly with my bacon rod until your your eyes pop out.

Twitter It Up!!

http://twitter.com/staterunner180

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    the camera on the back is not hard to figure out. you're not gonna be at Disney World snapping pics it's to show facetime users what you can see and to still be able to see their reaction

Green Apple
    Thanks

needs camera for msn,facetime ,take pic for facebook , there pleny apps out there that u need camera. plus needs more memory 512

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kokowawa View Post
    I'm waiting for the 2nd generation iPad
    but I have a question: now the iPhone 4 and iPad has enough power to run flash applications.. WHY apple still doesn't allow flash to run??
    Ya I run Frash on my iPad and it's laggy as he'll cubits still possible so try it out if you want. Html5 is wherebuts at tho and the whole web needs to ditch flash. Html5 loads so much quicker than flash on a mobile device. I believe Steve when he said flash was a dying technology.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This next ipad better be a huge upgrade...Retina display, more gigs and ram,cameras and just imagine how cool it will be if it could run flash incredibly smooth without battery drain?? it'll b the coolest thing ever!!! (we all know it won't happen) but the playbook from blackberry has 1gb of ram which I think will run flash kinda smooth (I hope) compared to the ipads 256mb, 1080p with hdmi out and what looks to be a very nice OS. it won't b an ipad killer but it sure is putting some pressure. If it's not a major upgrade I'd rather just buy the 11" MBA almost the same but with osx alot more ram and memory and flash support

Thanks
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 891 Posts

But to many the key is the battery life. I love the battery life on my iPad.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cer0 View Post
    But to many the key is the battery life. I love the battery life on my iPad.
    Ditto! It's amazing

Thanks
    If you look at other photos on the new iPad it will be supporting cell calls

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mushromking View Post
    If you look at other photos on the new iPad it will be supporting cell calls
    Wow, where did u come up with that?? Just what I wanna do talk on my iPad like a cell phone....useless. Skype works good enough for me, plus have to have a separate sim card for my iPad and iPhone?? Oh and what about the wifi version that support cell calls to? I call BS on ur statement.

Oh and what new photos of the new iPad? Am I missing something here? Anybody else actually photos of the new iPad?? Hmmm

Thanks

Thanks

Why did u resurrect last years thread ?

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12