+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPads Boost Business for Sprint

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Apple's hugely popular products are good for business - but not only for the Cupertino-based tech giant and the outlets that stock the company's products and offer direct mobile coverage
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,479 Times in 565 Posts

Default iPads Boost Business for Sprint

Apple's hugely popular products are good for business - but not only for the Cupertino-based tech giant and the outlets that stock the company's products and offer direct mobile coverage for iDevices. According to Sprint CEO, Dan Hesse, the iPad in particular has been a boon to Sprint despite no formal carrier relationship between his company and Apple in the US.

Hesse tells Gigaom in a new interview that iPad customers who purchased the tablet's Wi-Fi-only model are helping drive sales of Sprint's Overdrive MiFi wireless hotspot. With the overwhelming majority of iPad sales reflecting the Wi-Fi-only model, the demand for devices like Sprint's Overdrive ( which serve up Internet connectivity wherever it is needed) is exploding with no signs of a slowdown any time soon.

Dan Hesse, CEO of the third-largest carrier in the U.S., told me in an interview that... company has seen an uptick in demand for its Overdrive (3G/4G) MiFi wireless-hotspot device, as people use it to connect their iPads to the Internet when on the go.
    Despite more and more analysts predicting that the day is drawing near when Apple's full product line of iDevices will be compatible with multiple mobile carriers in the US, it's evident that Apple's current exclusivity agreement with AT&T to carry the iPhone still hasn't prevented other carriers from monetizing the "environment of Apple" that encompasses the mobile world.

Gigaom
    Last edited by Michael Essany; 10-29-2010 at 10:25 AM.

Thanks

Now for the Sprint rumors.

Thanks

I hope so. I'm tired of AT&T trying to dominate everything with their horrible plans and ridiculous prices. Watch them drop as soon as they lose exclusivity too. They milk the hell out of people and i can't even get fast 3g speeds on their overstressed network. At most times during peak hours Edge runs a whole lot faster with web browsing than 3G. So sick of it. It's no wonder no body wants an iPad with AT&Ts sucky over priced low data plan, and are so quick to hop on Sprints.

iPhone? More like MyPhone DarkDragonAn's Avatar
    Thanks

If the iPhone ever hit Sprint I will be moving cause my wife get 50%Off on her bill for having a Business account and she get almost everthing Unlimited she get unlimited network, text, night and weekend's and mobile to mobile but she have 450 min to call every body else on landline. Now that is what the iPhone need to have and $69.99 and she get half off the bill off.

Thanks

That is a great idea and a good combination with Sprint's Overdrive MiFi wireless hotspot, but just get MyWi and tether it! TADAAAA!!!!
    Though we all look different on the outside, we all bleed the same on the inside

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by deshawn1680 View Post
    that is a great idea and a good combination with sprint's overdrive mifi wireless hotspot, but just get mywi and tether it! Tadaaaa!!!!
    bingo!!!

Thanks

This reminds me, I still haven't payed the early termination fee for Sprint.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

now you dont need to buy the 3g model!!! save alot of money there