+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Verizon Launches iPad Today

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
For Verizon fans, today is the big day. As of Thursday morning, Apple is now selling the iPad through Verizon, marking the first iDevice relationship with a carrier other than
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,474 Times in 561 Posts

Default Verizon Launches iPad Today

For Verizon fans, today is the big day. As of Thursday morning, Apple is now selling the iPad through Verizon, marking the first iDevice relationship with a carrier other than AT&T in the US. An equally important point worth noting - although one that has taken a backseat to the Verizon headline - is that AT&T is also selling the iPad through its retail stores starting today.

Here's the breakdown of what both are offering. AT&T will stock all three iPad Wi-Fi + 3G models. Pricing will be identical to that of Apple's. Verizon, on the other hand, will only carry the iPad with Wi-Fi and a MiFi 2200 Intelligent Mobile Hotspot router. No difference in price from AT&T and Apple.

With regard to options for data plans, Verizon customers have a few choices. You can purchase 1GB of data on the iPad for $20/month, 3GB for $35/month, or 5GB for $50/month. Verizon's iPad does NOT come with built-in 3G. Therefore, you'll need the MiFi mobile router if you're planning on doing any browsing in the absence of a Wi-Fi connection. AT&T, on the other hand, is serving up data plans a little differently. You can go with $14.99/month for 250MB or $25/month for 2GB of data (no term contract). Naturally, you can also connect at will with unlimited access to any of AT&T's many Wi-Fi locations.

Verizon
    AT&T

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Cool Finally apple sarts selling products with a different carrier...maybe I'll switch boats when they start carrying the iPhone

Green Apple
    Thanks

nice first step..
    but why didn't they just replace the 3G cards with mifi components?

I heard of a vlogger doing just that, then he had wifi access everywhere, plus his iPad essentially became a wireless router.

if the ave Joe can do that, why can't these money hungry corporations provide the best possible options?

My iPhone is a Part of Me Rob2G's Avatar
    Thanks

This would be cool if they subsidized some of the cost of the iPad with contract

My iPhone is a Part of Me delusion950's Avatar
    Thanks

I like the 1GB data since am always around WIFI anyways. Better than $15 250MB.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by theomer View Post
    nice first step..
    but why didn't they just replace the 3G cards with mifi components?

I heard of a vlogger doing just that, then he had wifi access everywhere, plus his iPad essentially became a wireless router.

if the ave Joe can do that, why can't these money hungry corporations provide the best possible options?
    I hope thats rhetorical, because I seriously hope you're not asking why network carriers don't actively encourage people to connect as many devices as possible to their network to consume as much data as quickly as possible.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Saved0ne's Avatar
    Thanks

el oh el.. still no iPhone. xD

Thanks

Not at indirect verizon stores like my dads 2 stores... Looks like ill be taking out a loan for college for sure because if they arent even selling the ipad through the indirect stores then theres no way theyll sell the iphone so everyone will go to the corperate stores and my dad will lose so many customers... ):

**** you Verizon your only hurting youself by not letting apple sell in through the indirects which respresent well over half of the verizon phone sales.
    Last edited by thetoothfairy; 10-28-2010 at 09:25 PM. Reason: language

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by delusion950 View Post
    I like the 1GB data since am always around WIFI anyways. Better than $15 250MB.
    For 5 more bucks u get double in at&t think bout it

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyifor

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks

I am glad I am grandfathered in with AT&T unlimited data! Wonder how many will run to Verizon?

"Always remember your special and unique!"

My iPhone is a Part of Me thevmax's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes, I am grandfathered in also. BUT, I don't think that applies to the iphone 4 or IPad. Once you switch to a new device, you sign a new contract, and then ...follow the money!

My iPhone is a Part of Me EskimoRuler's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thetoothfairy View Post
    I am glad I am grandfathered in with AT&T unlimited data! Wonder how many will run to Verizon?
    i kinda regret not getting the 3G ipad when the unlimited was available i ended up just getting the wifi, would have been nice to have, but i just use MiWi off my ip4 which works ok
    You don't like the iPad because you don't have one!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

They call it grandfathered in for a reason. Even if u get a new iDevice u will still have your unlimited plan.

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EskimoRuler View Post
    i kinda regret not getting the 3G ipad when the unlimited was available i ended up just getting the wifi, would have been nice to have, but i just use MiWi off my ip4 which works ok
    At first I bought the Wifi iPad and then when AT&T stated they were no longer going to offer unlimited data for it I ran out and bought the 3G one... I was not happy about it but at least I don't have to worry about data now... I don't use it very day but it is nice to know you can go crazy on it when you want to. lol

"Always remember your special and unique!"

Thanks

This is a joke if I can't pop in a sim card to my iPad to the change carriers network is a fail