+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T, Apple To Make Big Business Push

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,479 Times in 565 Posts

Default AT&T, Apple To Make Big Business Push

Following the surprise announcement that Apple is teaming with Verizon to begin selling the iPad later this month, we were promptly reminded today that AT&T is still in business with Apple too. And the long time partners will be working together more closely than ever thanks to a new joint-venture announced Friday by AT&T, the second largest US mobile carrier.

AT&T will aggressively lead off an ambitious marketing campaign to push Apple’s iPad to its business customers. AT&T and Apple are "seeking to expand sales of the tablet computer beyond consumers," reports Bloomberg. As part of the plan, AT&T will also help businesses "design applications for the iPad." As a result, both domestic and international service for the device will be available under "corporate plans" - this largely refers to customers who have their wireless bills reimbursed by their employers.

While the plan at first appears to be a no-brainer slam-dunk opportunity for both companies, one Gartner Inc. analyst
    indicated to Bloomberg that AT&T will still have quite a challenge ahead of itself in making a case for greater business (big and small) adoption. "AT&T will have to convince employees to adopt a third device, in addition to smartphones and laptops," the analyst noted.

Bloomberg

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Michael Essany For This Useful Post:

apoc (10-16-2010)

Thanks

AT&T FTW!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone 4 using ModMyi
    Sent from my iPhone 4.

Thanks

Until apple comes up with some better ways of managing these devices from a system admin's standpoint they are going to continue to get pushback from IT departments.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,876 Times in 2,215 Posts

very Smart on att s part with having verizon selling the ipad as well they need to do something to keep there customers with them and on the same page. Verizon only carrying the wifi verizon helps att sell better as well.
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

My iPhone is a Part of Me EskimoRuler's Avatar
    Thanks

Yea, iPads are greets but they don't replace laptops and not very good as a phone. But still love mine.
    You don't like the iPad because you don't have one!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Snozberries's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GA_RR View Post
    Until apple comes up with some better ways of managing these devices from a system admin's standpoint they are going to continue to get pushback from IT departments.
    Agreed. I work IT for a VERY large Mass Insurance company and we were playing with an iPad that we tossed Citrix on. 20 feet away from the wi-fi router and it was DOG SLOW. I see the BB Playbook being integrated into mainstream business way before the iPad. Sorry guys...

Thanks

My sales reps on the other hand are getting their laptops replaced by iPads in 2 weeks. This news made us very excited internally as currently the reps would have to use personal p cards to pay for the service, which does not issue a receipt. 90-95% of business activities can be done using native iOS and App Store functionality. The other 5-10% can be accomplished through a VDI. I'm actually about to call our rep now and get some more info on this

Thanks

We have begun using iPads along with vmware's hosted desktop solution and it works great. Not only can you get a full desktop experience but it is a cross platform solution.

If you already have a significant VMware infrastructure, or are heading in that direction, this is a great way to integrate the use of iPads.

Trying to use them natively in corporate IT isn't currently feasible right now, but as a thin client device they work great.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ReggieSmith For This Useful Post:

Snozberries (10-15-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

businesses will not be able to use the ipad for important information as apple will not allow them into the heart of the device to make them secure and encript the data. sorry but it looks like blackberry will still be number 1 on this one....

Livin the iPhone Life Bluemoldycheeze88's Avatar
    Thanks

they would sell more if they bring back unlimited data.