Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPad Coming to Walmart Next Week?

Default iPad Coming to Walmart Next Week?

It looks like the next big-box store to get the iPad will be Walmart. Last May, Walmart stated that it was planning on offering the iPad in time for the holiday shopping season. Now, it appears that Walmart will be offering all six versions of the iPad beginning next week, along with accessories and AppleCare. Each store is said to be getting five units of each model per store.

Walmart is largest retailer in the US with more that 2800 supercenters and 750 smaller discount stores nationwide. By comparison, there are currently about 300 Apple Retail Stores worldwide. With Walmart deeply entrenched in the heartland of America, it makes sense for Apple to partner with such a large retailer. Apple is relatively new to the brick and mortar game and Walmart can sell in areas of the country not yet accessible to Apple. Demand for the iPad remains strong and netbook sales have been hit hard since its release last April. Apple hopes to keep this momentum going as long as possible.

Target started selling the iPad on October 3, but has chosen not to display working demo units. The display setup is less than inviting, with iPads being displayed on the bottom shelve of locked display cases. In contrast, Walmart plans on having working demo units available that showcase the iPads various features.

Adding Walmart to the growing list of retailers carrying the iPad this holiday season, Apple is sure to have a very profitable new year. With Walmart joining the likes of Best Buy and Target, in addition to the Apple Store, the iPad will be in so many retail locations that it will be hard to miss. Can deeply discounted iPads be too far off now that Walmart has hold of them? We’ll just have to wait and see.

Source: MacRumors

A price cut would be really nice but also shocking doubt apple will go that route not till iPad 2 is set to release will ipads go on sale

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Thanks

Hey guys I'm from england and don't understand why it's so special that walmart has the iPad? Is walmart like Argos?
    Thanks if someone can enlighten me

iPhone4 16gb black - 4.1 Limera1ned
    iPhone 3G 16gb white - 3.1.2 jailbroken
    Blackra1ned
    THANKYOU ONCE AGAIN GEOHOT!

Quote Originally Posted by iNT3Rv3NTiONZz View Post
    Hey guys I'm from england and don't understand why it's so special that walmart has the iPad? Is walmart like Argos?

There is nothing special about it going there. It just gives Apple another outlet for them to sell the items. As stated in the article Apple only has about 300 stores worldwide. Put them in Best Buys, Targets, and Wal-marts and you expand your market vastly.

No matter where you buy them it will cost the same. But these stores offer employee discounts and since there are more of them then more people have a chance to get a slight percent off.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Rob2G's Avatar
    Thanks

Yay another product at walmart I can take pictures of a obese woman in one of the motorized carts yelling "No you cant have that, behave or ill take u right back to the double wide trailer and woop your ***" at one of her 10 kids. Or cleatus trying to figure out how to read trailer living online on the magic touchy interweb tv. I'm gonna have sooo many great pics for the people of walmart site.
    Last edited by Rob2G; 10-09-2010 at 04:32 AM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Rob2G For This Useful Post:

Arabprince (10-09-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddyrob2g View Post
    Yay another product at walmart I can take pictures of a obese woman in one of the motorized carts yelling "No you cant have that, behave or ill take u right back to the double wide trailer and woop your ***" at one of her 10 kids. Or cleatus trying to figure out how to read trailer living online on the magic touchy interweb tv. I'm gonna have sooo many great pics for the people of walmart site.
    Thanks for this. I'm quite literally LMFAO...

Thanks

5 units. How long will that last? coupe days @ the most.

I will check into this when I get to work today I am an electronics associate for walmart

~Tim

If I have helped you then thank me.

Quote Originally Posted by iNT3Rv3NTiONZz View Post

Asda here is part of the walmart family so I'm guessing walmart is like Asda? Quote from the side of the Asda shop I went past today "Asda part of the walmart* family".

Ughh this makes the iPad just a little bit less cool...

Wow, they may as well put it in McDonalds and Wallgreens
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

I was wondering when Walmart was getting the iPad
    "We don't need bullets, We need Pie's"

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

I wonder what type of accessories they will stock? I hope screen protectors and cases!

"Always remember your special and unique!"

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddyrob2g View Post
    Hahahaha. I was in there walmart the other night and some big grown *** spoiled kid was arguing with his mom over a video game it was too funny. He was prob. 30 or so Fighting over paying the trailer rent or getting halo.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I think they should roll it out with HBC in Canada as well.

Its true. They are already in transit to stores.

Wal-Mart is the biggest company in the world.
    Wal-Mart - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And, as a result, it's one of the worst companies in the in terms of damage to communities based on their employment practices and in terms of damage to suppliers based on their business practices.
    Wal-Mart You Don't Know | Fast Company

Their practice is to beat the crap out of suppliers so they can give back-of-the-truck like pricing. Notice you can get iPods and now older iPhones at Walmart, but not the big ticket items. Walmart selling iPads is like the classic unstoppable force meeting the unmovable object.

I avoid walmart like the plague. They are generally dirty, have barely competent employees, and the kind of customers they generally attract range from entertaining to frightening I'm not saying all walmarts are bad or that all of their employees suck or that all of their customers are freaks, I'm just saying that in any state I've ever been in, any walmart I've ever gone to, I've seen or experience nothing that would lead me to conclude anything different. Maybe I've just had bad luck with walmart.

I love the people that are trash talking Wal-Mart but each one mentions that they go to the store themselves.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Cer0 For This Useful Post:

Snozberries (10-11-2010)

My iPhone is a Part of Me Rob2G's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cer0 View Post
    I love the people that are trash talking Wal-Mart but each one mentions that they go to the store themselves.
    I live in Logan Utah. I have no other option unless I want to pay 30% more for food. I mean you can't buy clothes at the "mall" here almost the the stores have closed in our mall even the food court is boarded up. If I had an option I would not go to walmart. If people would atleast dress respectable and not yell at kids then they wouldn't be made fun of.

We just started selling the ipads, its not letting me upload the pic I took but it's official we are now selling them

~Tim

If I have helped you then thank me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast