Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPad "Fastest Adoption Rate Ever:" Report

MMi Staff Writer Paul Daniel Ash's Avatar
    Thanks

Default iPad "Fastest Adoption Rate Ever:" Report

According to a report out today, the iPad has had a faster adoption rate than any electronics product in history other than cell phones. Colin McGranahan, a retail analyst with Bernstein Research, notes that the device blew past the previous record holder, the DVD player, which sold 350,000 units the first year it was out. There were that many iPads sold by mid-morning on the day after it was released. If current trends continue, the iPad will be the fourth largest consumer electronics category.

It took just 28 days for Apple to sell a million iPads. The original iPhone, Apple's first runaway success, needed 74 days to achieve that milestone. ďThis is much bigger than I thought it would be," Pete Najarian, the founder of TradeMonster.com, told CNBC's "Fast Money" blog. "Itís really a total media device and thereís not much a PC can do that you canít do on an iPad." McGranahan himself echoed that assessment, calling the iPad "a runaway success of unprecedented proportion." When the tablet was first announced, many observers - after laughing about the name "iPad" - predicted that it would "fail catastrophically." Today, the largest manufacturers are in a race to get their tablets to market.

Apple does not regularly update its sales numbers, so the last verified measure was the company's report in July that 3.27 million units had been sold. Bernstein's McGranahan estimates 4.5 million more were sold in the quarter since then. He further predicts that Apple will make $9 billion in revenue from the iPad next year, meaning that just this one product from this one company will have sold more than all game consoles from every manufacturer, and just behind all TVs, smartphones and notebook computers.

Source: AppleInsider

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Paul Daniel Ash For This Useful Post:

CaryDude (10-07-2010)

Sweet!! I LOVE my iPad!

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Not sure that I understand the point of this article; it certainly does not merit a front page appearance.

All of this stuff was known long ago (except for the 4.5 million this quarter estimate).
    Last edited by mortopher; 10-05-2010 at 04:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mortopher View Post
    Not sure that I understand the point of this article; it certainly does not merit a front page appearance.

All of this stuff was known long ago (except for the 4.5 million this quarter estimate).
    didnt i just read about this here last week!?!? lol

iPhone? More like MyPhone Daerid's Avatar
    Thanks

Subtext: Buy Apple Stock. LOL (which, I foolishly, have yet to do)

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

Thanks

Wow. I didn't think iPad is gonna be this successful.

I still don't see the point in an iPad, like I'd rather have an iPhone/iPod touch / laptop or even a net book before that thing, all of those devices can do everything and some of them
    More than what the iPad can do:/ ironically enough in the tablets wars which are soon to come
    Up, I see the iPad winning even though upcoming devices will once again be able to do more

::cough cough:: Samsung N310 + OSX86 10.6.4 is better than a massive iPod Touch ::cough cough:: And cheaper... ::cough...::

Banned
    Thanks

Maybe your just too smart

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Acciavatti View Post
    Pancake background ftw.

Yeah, an iPhone definitely can do much more than an iPad can, but have you ever been to an Apple store and tried one out? The iPad is just... really cool. An expensive cool, but nonetheless tempting to buy. It's for casual, fun use when you just don't feel like busting out a big computer for a simple task. I'll most likely get the second gen just because I never buy first gen Apple products.

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by onlinegamesnz View Post
    Maybe your just too smart
    Apparently you're not.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Apparently you're not.
    win
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Quote Originally Posted by tankz504 View Post
    Sweet!! I LOVE my iPad!
    +1
    Last edited by Cer0; 10-05-2010 at 06:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost-Removed link

Thanks

Love my iPad. There any laws against marrying an electronic device? Haha wife would love to read that

My iPhone is a Part of Me EskimoRuler's Avatar
    Thanks

I knew i loved my signature
    You don't like the iPad because you don't have one!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Breaking news. The iPad is mad popularz yo!

And.........

We'll see how long that holds up when Apple decides to release another epic software update that ends up crippling it while consumers wait impatiently for a fix.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to RICO_ For This Useful Post:

stlcaddie (10-05-2010)

Apple might be over doing them-selfs
    "We don't need bullets, We need Pie's"

Thanks

It depends, is it a same sex iPad? And if so move to California first, its legal there LOL

How come my Qoute didn't work right. Now my post looks weird.
    Last edited by stlcaddie; 10-05-2010 at 07:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by stlcaddie View Post
    It depends, is it a same sex iPad? And if so move to California first, its legal there LOL

How come my Qoute didn't work right. Now my post looks weird.
    Lol. Just looks crazy to me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast