+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPad "Fastest Adoption Rate Ever:" Report

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Lol naw not same sex. I'm pretty sure my iPad is female- I hope haha
    Thanks

Thanks

Check my avatar! Love it and it's just the coolest device on earth!

I come from a land down under (Australia)
    Thanks

I want an ipad!!
    I tried one out in a store one time and I ended up playing on it for an hour before the people running the store told me to go away
    Can I play with madness?
    Follow me on twitter
    If you like what I say, hit the button, you know which one

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by psilocybin View Post
    Love my iPad. There any laws against marrying an electronic device? Haha wife would love to read that
    I hear ya brother.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 891 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by psilocybin View Post
    My gf loves the iPad too. Sometimes we use it in bed to watch hulu. Does that count as a threeway? Most of the time she just says I can watch but not touch.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cer0 View Post
    My gf loves the iPad too. Sometimes we use it in bed to watch hulu. Does that count as a threeway? Most of the time she just says I can watch but not touch.
    So if I purchase 3 iPads and loan one to you for $20, would that officially make me a pimp?

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks

I remember when many people thought the iPad was a joke! I bought mine right away and liked it so much stepped up to the nicest one. I would not could not live without mine! I take it everywhere I go!

"Always remember your special and unique!"

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I love my iPad more than my iphone4, I only use my phone to make calls & tether my iPad lol.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mortopher View Post
    Not sure that I understand the point of this article; it certainly does not merit a front page appearance.

All of this stuff was known long ago (except for the 4.5 million this quarter estimate).
    can u imagine how many more ipads apple is going to sell now that ipads are going to be sold in target. all the coupon saving moms are going to go crazy for them.

iPhone? More like MyPhone xxhorseriderxxx's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by donkeykongking View Post
    I still don't see the point in an iPad, like I'd rather have an iPhone/iPod touch / laptop or even a net book before that thing, all of those devices can do everything and some of them
    More than what the iPad can do:/ ironically enough in the tablets wars which are soon to come
    Up, I see the iPad winning even though upcoming devices will once again be able to do more
    +1

I totally understand why iPads have sold: they're simplified and stripped down versions of it's predecessors. Apple constantly reļnvents the wheel one feature at a time making it look like they invented the wheel in the first place. Printing from a device that's supposed to replace netbooks/laptops is a "coming soon" feature? The market has obviously switched over, since 10 years ago the iPad would not have been accepted on the simple basis that it is a closed system. Unfortunately consumers of today are only just getting used to computers as a whole so us technologically advanced are stuck behind the learning curve of everyone else. I say put OS X on the iPad and call it a day. Even better, dual boot with windows XP/Win7

My iPhone is a Part of Me Rob2G's Avatar
    Thanks

I adopted an iPad from craigslist, then my adoption attorney called and said that the original parents wanted money or they would take it back. Oh wait that was white collar. Damn USA network and its great programming. I really did adopt one off craigslist. It was free, it wouldn't charge but the guy said he couldn't send it under warranty because it was jailbroken. So I gladly took it off his hands and restored it with the rest of it's remaining battery and sent it in for an exchange.

Green Apple
    Thanks

i have iphone 4 a pc and a laptop ,the ipad is the most used now i use it wife uses it kids use it saves booting up laptop or pc ,
    absolutly brilliant will be even better in november game center e.t.c been loving it on iphone4
    add me games center. i_ste

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thetoothfairy View Post
    I remember when many people thought the iPad was a joke! I bought mine right away and liked it so much stepped up to the nicest one. I would not could not live without mine! I take it everywhere I go!
    Uhm it is a joke! It's not a computer and never will be. It's a mere toy...
    "Don't hold it like that!"

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dayvidpriddy View Post
    Uhm it is a joke! It's not a computer and never will be. It's a mere toy...
    I sure wish I could be projected to make $9 billion next year off of my jokes.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mortopher View Post
    I sure wish I could be projected to make $9 billion next year off of my jokes.
    Hey, I didn't say it wasn't popular. We all know there are a lot of suckers out there who will buy anything Apple makes just because they made it. An iPad can not do all the things a computer can do, therefore it's a total waste and simply nothing more then another toy collecting dust.
    "Don't hold it like that!"

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I have an iPhone 4 and didn't think I would buy an iPad. So, I went to best buy a few times, tinkered with it, and mulled things over (get your mind out of the gutter hahaha). Anyway, I decided to buy only for these facts: the screen is much easier to read and watch movies on, didn't want to lug my laptop around for casual computer functions, and it was such an addicting electronic. I don't care about it having a camera or other bells and whistles that my iPhone has. I didn't get the 3G version either. Figure I have iPhone with unlimited anyway and I could just transfer files if needed. I love my iPad and has been the best electronic adopted. My laptop feels lonely and used now because I only use it to plug/sync idevices now lol

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dayvidpriddy View Post
    Hey, I didn't say it wasn't popular. We all know there are a lot of suckers out there who will buy anything Apple makes just because they made it. An iPad can not do all the things a computer can do, therefore it's a total waste and simply nothing more then another toy collecting dust.
    Says yet another person that doesn't have an iPad.

Three members of my family, including myself, have one and I can say with absolute certainty that we have all cut down our actual computer usage by at least half. Outside of certain resource intensive functions (watching 5gb mkv files, photoshop, bulk downloading, etc.) there isn't really a whole lot I use either of my computers for that I can't do on my iPad. Is it a necessity? Absolutely not. Could I do away with having a true computer completely? Again, absolutely not. Has my day to day life benefited from purchasing it? Without a doubt.

I as well used to have that same view that there were all these "suckers" that blindly buy every single thing Apple throws at them but then one day I started trying out these "total wastes" and "toys" for myself and suddenly I realized that so many Apple lovers buy these things because the same level of quality that goes into their beloved iMacs and MacBooks can be found throughout those "useless" products as well. Granted there are some Apple products that are pretty ridiculous, but I don't think the iPad can be lumped in with such products as the Apple battery charger.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to mortopher For This Useful Post:

Cer0 (10-06-2010)

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

People on MMi and other tech blogs seem to forget that we are in the vast minority of consumers and not Apple's core demographic. The reason the iPad is a success is because the day mine showed up in the mail my GF who has never used an iPhone or any othe Apple product picked it up.. loved the huge touch screen... immediately started surfing the internet... downloaded a book from iBooks and synced photos on to it... all within the first hour without bothering me once! If you had given her a Blackberry Playbook she would have fiddled around with it for 10 min and either gotten frustrated because the UI wasn't user friendly to the masses or asked me 50 questions about how to work it.

Most Android users don't play games on their devices and many of them haven't even downloaded apps from the Android Market. They're just happy to have a "cool touch screen" phone. I predict the same thing will happen when all these Android tablets flood the market. People will get them b/c they might be a little cheaper and better specs just to realize the AVERAGE user doesn't give a crap about HDMI and USB ports... could care less about a dual core processor... won't use the camera(s) anyway.. etc. All these other manufacturers are trying to sell their products based on superior specs when only 1% (the techies) actually make buying decisions based on them... and even in this case we weigh in the battery life and ease of use and App Store... etc.. so we will sacrifice a couple specs for the later. I doubt ALL the competing tablets combine will sell as much as the iPad next year.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

The iPad isn't for "everyone." DVD, pretty much, was. DVD didn't even start replacing the VCR in it's fist year and the iPad didn't even start replacing PCs. For anything that portends to be "for everyone," you can't look at the first year alone. Because the iPad never intends to replace anything for everyone, it will never be comparable and should never be compared.

This is stupid.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 891 Posts

Not everybody likes the iPad we get it.

But we see your view about it being a total waste. Please see our (the people that own one) view in that we have found it to be of great use.

My gf loves it and uses it daily. She had a laptop before and only used it maybe once every 2 weeks. She had no use for a laptop. I like it because it is simple to just drag around for random use around the house.

When people ask me about it or if I like it I found that the best way I can describe it would be a great coffee table/night stand device. When I am watching tv and I remember that I wanted to look something up I just reach over and use the iPad instead of going in the other room to my desktop. I also use it to read the news or watch some hulu right before I fall asleep.

So to those that say it is a waste of money that is great, for you. You may not see the use for it or a need for it but apperently millions of users find it fits great in what they need.

I don't need a pickup truck because I have no need for one but others have uses for them.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12