+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPad Here to Stay on Amazon, Target Websites

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Despite some previous confusion and debate as to whether or not this would happen, once Target began carrying the iPad in stores across the US, it now appears that Apple's
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,479 Times in 565 Posts

Default iPad Here to Stay on Amazon, Target Websites

Despite some previous confusion and debate as to whether or not this would happen, once Target began carrying the iPad in stores across the US, it now appears that Apple's hugely popular tablet will also be a permanent fixture of the retail giant's online storefront at target.com. The standard price, however, still applies - no added discounts for shopping at Target (at least not yet).

What's true for Target is also true for Amazon.com, the world's largest online retailer. Gone are the days of Amazon only propping up third-party resellers. Now, Amazon.com is selling and shipping iPads directly to customers. Once again, prices are identical to those offered by Apple. Still, Amazon will stock the 32GB and 64GB Wi-Fi models of the tablet. The remaining four models are not yet offered through Amazon's online storefront. Of course, if you're an Amazon Prime customer, there are added benefits - like free shipping.

With the addition of Amazon and Target's online stores carrying the iPad, Apple is making headway like never before with opportunities for both market exposure and direct sales from places other than the company's retail outlets and online store. Last month, as you may recall, Best Buy expanded its inventory of the iPad to cover all 1,093 of its US-based stores. So with the holiday shopping season looming, Apple will clearly benefit from no shortage of outlets now pushing the iPad to a market that remains ravenous for tablets.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Apple-iPad-MB294LL-Tablet-64GB/dp/B00365F6G4/?tag=reality&camp=213381&creative=390973&linkCode= as4&creativeASIN=B001AMPP0W&adid=0Z67NHH7X5WWSM57M SQM&"]Amazon[/ame]
    Target

iPhone? More like MyPhone mallenass's Avatar
    Thanks

finally some apple news!! benn waiting and refreshing the page all morning for this!!

thanks again messany for popping the weekly apple news cherry...

p.s: I WANT MORE APPLE NEWS!!

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

Looks like Santa will be busy this holiday season!

"Always remember your special and unique!"

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

omg finally ive been waiting for EVER

Thanks

Why do we care who sells it? Free shipping?? You get that from the Apple Store online when you spend more than $50 which it's hard not to do.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by goodluck4287 View Post
    Why do we care who sells it? Free shipping?? You get that from the Apple Store online when you spend more than $50 which it's hard not to do.
    No tax on Amazon!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone mallenass's Avatar
    Thanks

i think the tooth fairy super moderator is either the Rock, or ***.

just my 2c

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ggab View Post
    No tax on Amazon!!
    Good enough for me.

My iPhone is a Part of Me EskimoRuler's Avatar
    Thanks

Everyone I know though the iPad was cheaper after they saw it in the target ad. I just told them you apparently didn't know that's the regular price. Won't find a cheaper price for apple except on eBay
    You don't like the iPad because you don't have one!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ggab View Post
    No tax on Amazon!!

If there is no tax, then why when you go to Amazon's site, the actual price isn't $699, it is $774?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Labluver View Post
    If there is no tax, then why when you go to Amazon's site, the actual price isn't $699, it is $774?
    You're joking right? You must have been looking at a model that was out of stock at Amazon and being offered by another seller. If it's in stock and sold by Amazon, and you're NOT in CO or OK you are NOT CHARGED SALES TAX. And did you click all the way through the cart or are you just looking at the price on the product page? Do you really think they add tax to that front product page? Whoever that retailer was probably wouldn't have charged tax either if they didn't have a presence in your state.

Amazon.com Help: Sales Tax