Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: RIM Reveals its BlackBerry PlayBook with Some "Flash"

Quote Originally Posted by Cer0 View Post
    Agreed but multi-core is not needed at the moment. What have you tried that the A4 couldn't handle? Right now there is nothing really to push the hardware just yet. So this is time they can use to figure out better battery life. I totally agree but at the moment the world is not ready.
    Hardware is always ahead of software. It's true that "it's not really needed", but on the other hand how many of us have 8 or more gigs or RAM in our Macs/PC's yet we don't really need it? It just feels good to have it!

And it's always good to know that you can handle anything they through your way...
    Don't live by other people's rules... Live by your OWN!!!
    Why settle for less if you can have sooo much more!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Devilish4eveR View Post
    Hardware is always ahead of software. It's true that "it's not really needed", but on the other hand how many of us have 8 or more gigs or RAM in our Macs/PC's yet we don't really need it? It just feels good to have it!

And it's always good to know that you can handle anything they through your way...
    With that new game engine (for some reason forgot the name) looks like it will be pushing it sometime in the near future though.

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

It's 7" and runs an RIM OS. It's gonna suck. Plays 1080... Doesn't matter bc you can't tell the diff on a 7" screen with 600 pixel resolution anyways. People that complain about no USB port on the iPad.. What would you do with it?... iOS wouldn't know what to do with it anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Cer0 View Post
    With that new game engine (for some reason forgot the name) looks like it will be pushing it sometime in the near future though.
    I believe your thinking of the unreal 3 game engine used to make gears of war 2 that was ported to ipad/iphone in epic citadel which by far is the most graphic intensive realistic 3d game out there

@cer0- either way it means that it is possible for apple to create a 7 in ipad with the same resolution as the 10 in one.

Sadly even with all this has to offer the fact of the matter is that of the PalmPad, PlayBook, and Galaxy Tab the ultimate reason one will end up choosing it over iPad 2 or iPad mini is if they offer a wifi-only version under $400
    Last edited by SnowLeo; 09-27-2010 at 10:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPhone is a Part of Me hitman10's Avatar
    Thanks

Oh wait, so is about when the ipad jailbreak is coming out? or did i post this in the wrong thread.

Fish are friends, not food!
    Neither is Slow Internet.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to hitman10 For This Useful Post:

n00neimp0rtant (09-27-2010)

Oh my God. Apple could learn a few things about how to make a tablet from RIM. I hate to say it, but Apple has been out-Appled this time around.

Wait, I LOVE to say that. What was I talking about, haha

Quote Originally Posted by hitman10 View Post
    Oh wait, so is about when the ipad jailbreak is coming out? or did i post this in the wrong thread.
    This
    Last edited by n00neimp0rtant; 09-27-2010 at 11:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPhone is a Part of Me luvmytj's Avatar
    Thanks

A camera, records video, has USB and HDMI connectivity, good hardware specs and they want you to tether it with your phone... watch out Apple!

@hitman... the iPad has been jailbroken almost since its inception... or was that some kind of joke? It's the very first thing I did to mine.
    Last edited by luvmytj; 09-27-2010 at 11:25 PM.

Anyone who says this doesn't look better than the iPad has been brainwashed by Apple. Tablets are not supposed to be, as Gizmodo once said, blown-up cell phones or shrunken-down PCs. They are supposed to be their own devices. And this is EXACTLY what this is. And it looks GOOD.

Go RIM!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to n00neimp0rtant For This Useful Post:

BennyPR (09-28-2010), Late_Nights (09-28-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by n00neimp0rtant View Post
    Anyone who says this doesn't look better than the iPad has been brainwashed by Apple. Tablets are not supposed to be, as Gizmodo once said, blown-up cell phones or shrunken-down PCs. They are supposed to be their own devices. And this is EXACTLY what this is. And it looks GOOD.

Go RIM!
    It does look good indeed.

Just curious about some more specs and details on it. Battery life, price point, etc. But hardware wise this thing is a real kick.

Competition is great but apple really isn't having any problems selling ipads. Now that iPad is available in all best buys, targets and apple stores, it will be even easier to obtain one for the masses. The iPad will be the hottest gift this Christmas hands down. Apple invents, other companies copy and add then apple re-invents. No one could have guessed how well the iPad is selling. It just plain works at what it does and that is why people buy it. I would rather have a 10 inch screen for apps, games and movies. I for one know better than to buy any 1st gen apple product so If iPad 2 comes with cameras, more ram, and a retina display then I'm sold. Then again its all about the apps in the end.

Green Apple
    Thanks

As much as I love apple devices, I have to admit the specs are pretty beasty. I've never had a blackberry so I can't say how good or bad the os will be with the specs. Hopefully this forces apple to at least do the same processor upgrade and ram for the iPad. But kudos to RIM.

As much as this device blows every tablets out of the water with specs..the most important thing is battery life. I'm curious to see how efficient this thing will run as a mobile device and not be disappointed as just one of those champions on paper only and nothing else.
    Last edited by suade8880; 09-28-2010 at 12:01 AM.

Thanks

Holy OM NOM NOM NOM!!! The specs are very impressive! *temptation*
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

Quote Originally Posted by suade8880 View Post
    As much as this device blows every tablets out of the water with specs..the most important thing is battery life. I'm curious to see how efficient this thing will run as a mobile device and not be disappointed as just one of those champions on paper only and nothing else.
    finally someone with some brains...

dual core = 1/2 battery... dont believe me just wait and see..

1. Screen is only 7", I know i know, I do realize its doing higher resolution in a smaller display area, so higher DPI. But if it didn't have that 1.5" bezel around it, it might be impressive, like the samsung 7" tablet. Notice how in the preview video they don't show the Playbook at all till the end, bet they don't want you to see how chunky thing is.

2. I bet Blackberry is going to market the dual core processor like crazy, why because it's the first tablet on the market to have one. But lets really think about it, 2x the power = 1/2 battery ? We'll have to wait and see how this compares to the 10 hour battery on the iPad.

3. I've seen the commercials for the Torch, and i've use it first hand. Quick Editing can make a Celeron looks nice and quick. I wan't to have the same experience as advertised not like i saw with the Torch.

4. Release date of next year ? There's going to be a lot more competition out there in 2011.
    No Signature link or spam... only warning

i will wait for ipad2 lol.

with no 3g this sucks!

My iPhone is a Part of Me EskimoRuler's Avatar
    Thanks

1GB of ram would be very nice
    You don't like the iPad because you don't have one!

from what i read it looks like some good old fashion comp for apple.

Sounds like Apple has to worry about PeeWee's PlayBook now along with all of it's toys as well. :-p. Good competition though. I'm dying to see what Steve comes up with next. :-D

Quote Originally Posted by flamedleaf View Post
    lol for jailbreaking just simply get frash its that simple...
    You've obviously never used frash. It's all but worthless, unless seeing a few flash based advertisements on websites is your thing.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast