+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Will Apple Release a 7-inch iPad This Year?

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
7 inch ipad is just a little bigger than the ipod touch.
    Thanks

7 inch ipad is just a little bigger than the ipod touch.

Thanks

Now that somehow feels pointless.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

My iPhone is a Part of Me kuhndsn's Avatar
    Thanks

It would make more sence IMO for it to be a touch netbook pro that runs Snow Lep... All the touch devices are just iPhones...IMO... I think they are all great but anymore the products are getting a little too close to the same ole stuff just different sizes. I'd like to see a touch screen Mac Book air style computer that has all the benifets of a iPad and the workhorse of a MacBook pro... Crossbread those two slap snow lepp on it and load ios in bootcamp. Then watch the competition freak out. Add 3G and call it the iDoitall I'm just saying.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Him Himself View Post
    You're pathetic.

7 inch screen better not cost nearly the same as the iPad
    Last edited by A Retired Mod; 09-26-2010 at 10:51 AM. Reason: blah blah blah

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sandstorm77 View Post
    6th

Your ***!

I would so get the 7 inch iPad. I love my current model but I thing a smaller one would be more convenient.
    Is your avatar you? Or are you mocking a 30 yr old virgin. LOL it's so funny I love it.

Anyways, I also wonder if they are putting a flash on these things?

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by risingkazuya05 View Post
    Quit trolling man.
    As the other guy said, the "first" comment has been an annoyance and taboo here in the forums. If ya ain't got anything better to say and instead of staying on topic you troll on other members then shut it with your Smart ***** comments and don't even bother posting.

Back to topic
    What what what
    Last edited by A Retired Mod; 09-26-2010 at 10:53 AM. Reason: trash talk

Thanks

Oh wow, what a great idea! Make a ridiculously big iPod touch without bringing anything new to the platform, then make a moderately oversized one! You sure dream big guys. I only wish I could make ideas that great. And that FAST!

You've gotta be kidding us here though. And a site said this like a month ago.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
    Oh wow, what a great idea! Make a ridiculously big iPod touch without bringing anything new to the platform, then make a moderately oversized one! You sure dream big guys. I only wish I could make ideas that great. And that FAST!

You've gotta be kidding us here though. And a site said this like a month ago.
    +1

Thanks

Better question, will apple release a 7 inch iPad ever?
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

Thanks

I think an ipad with a front and rear facing camera would be great. I was going to take the plunge and purchase a 1st gen. one, but i think im going to wait it out for the next model.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by texan View Post
    I think an ipad with a front and rear facing camera would be great. I was going to take the plunge and purchase a 1st gen. one, but i think im going to wait it out for the next model.
    What's this big hype about carrying literally a 9.56 inches (242.8 mm) X 7.47 inches (189.7 mm) camera? Just use a regular pocket-sized digital camera, they have way more than 5 MP anyway. Hell, just use an iPhone.

Thanks

Making the iPad any smaller would definitely take awaybfrom the usability. There are certain instances when the 10 inch screen is just enough, but I really can't see Apple going this route.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Silverado87's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by paganizonda83 View Post
    Considering that Touches run up to $399, I don't see this happening at all. I really don't see how this could be priced to avoid competing with another product line (if not multiple lines).
    Agreed. I think apple needs to come up with something more original other than making there current products bigger or smaller. Why don't they make printers?

iPhone? More like MyPhone blueblaze4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iLaw-One View Post
    Why make a smaller iPad? I was looking forward to one of the same size as the current one, but with all the "missing features" thrown in prior to taking the iPad plunge!

Not sure I'm going to like the smaller size as that would make it no different to that other android thing.
    If they were to come out with one, it wouldn't replace the current iPad, it would just be a different model.

I disagree with most of the replies here. A 7 in. iPad actually makes a lot of sense to me. Some People might prefer something a bit smaller and a bit more portable. It seems that quite a bit of iPad criticism comes from it being too big. This gives people the option of something that is not quite as big as the iPad, but not as small as an iPod Touch.

And people, people, let's stop jumping to millions of conclusions! This product could be an entirely different line other than the iPod or iPad. It might not even be an iOS device. Knowing apple it probably will be, but how do we know there won't be something in the system that changes?

I'm tired of these comments from people saying things like:

"Why keep making more of the same things" and such

Let's all wait until it actually comes out... if it does. And then we can start criticizing these products.

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blueblaze4444 View Post
    If they were to come out with one, it wouldn't replace the current iPad, it would just be a different model.

I disagree with most of the replies here. A 7 in. iPad actually makes a lot of sense to me. Some People might prefer something a bit smaller and a bit more portable. It seems that quite a bit of iPad criticism comes from it being too big. This gives people the option of something that is not quite as big as the iPad, but not as small as an iPod Touch.

And people, people, let's stop jumping to millions of conclusions! This product could be an entirely different line other than the iPod or iPad. It might not even be an iOS device. Knowing apple it probably will be, but how do we know there won't be something in the system that changes?

I'm tired of these comments from people saying things like:

"Why keep making more of the same things" and such

Let's all wait until it actually comes out... if it does. And then we can start criticizing these products.
    I'm going to have to kindly disagree with you.

Frankly, I can't see how a seven inch iPad would be any more portable than the current model. For one thing, it's the screen that's 7" diagonally, not the full iPad so the potential portability would be lessened when you throw in the .5" to 1" frame. Regardless of the size of the frame, you wouldn't really be able to carry this smaller model in many things that wouldn't also be able to fit the current model (some purses, those lame Jnco jeans kids used to wear with monsterous pockets, etc.).

As far as the os is concerned, IF they were to make one, it would certainly come with the same iOS that is in use already. There's no logical reason why apple would implement a third os, and there isn't a chance in hell that they would put SL on a 7" tablet (at least not one that costs less than the current top end iPads).

I just don't see how it would fit in with their other product lines. There doesn't appear to be enough of a pricing gap between the Touches and the iPad to wedge a third device in between them without detracting customers from them. I guess they could just eliminate/upgrade the touch line to a larger size but not if they just released a new Touch (an increased price would also turn off a lot of the younger Touch users). There just doesn't seem to be a new market that Apple would be breaking into by offering a smaller model.

Having said that, if any company could convince it's customers of a need for such an overlapping device, it would most certainly be Apple.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

man small or big, i would love the new ipad to have the phone feature in it,and no new contract of course lol.

Thanks

Further fragment the App Store market? Why? Just look at the chaos that is the Android market. Why would Apple want to go down that road? Also they risk killing sales from the original iPad.

Has the iPod Touch/iPhone physical screen size changed since they both debuted? No. There might be a market for a smaller device but I have a feeling that market is much smaller than the current iPad market. And if Apple has prototypes out there that are just a ruse, that could be what this phantom 7 inch iPad is, a ruse.
    "To unpathed waters, undreamed shores." -- William Shakespeare

My iPhone is a Part of Me politicalslug's Avatar
    Thanks

No.

Sent from my iPhone.
    They can have my jailbreak when they pry it from my cold dead fingers.

Thanks

I hope so. Everyone I've seen walking around with one looks like a gigantic a-hole/tool/doucher. Kinda like a bluetooth headset, or a belt holster for a phone. I want an iPad, but one that's walk around in public friendly.
    iPhone 4 to Android directly back to iPhone 4. I learned my lesson and will never leave iOS again.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12