+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPad vs. Galaxy Tab

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Looks like an iPad but smaller . If the price beats the iPad I could definitely see this killing iPad sales
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Looks like an iPad but smaller . If the price beats the iPad I could definitely see this killing iPad sales

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    I don't want to carry around a 7" phone... and a 7" tablet screen is too small for decent games, document viewing, web browsing. I'll take pictures with my phone... don't need my iPad to do that... can you see someone taking a tour of a city carrying around a tablet device for taking pictures? Awkward. The hardware specs are comparable... you'd think they would have tried to trump the iPad instead of just match up side by side (except the RAM of course). Like Paul said; however, the video leaves out the fact that it does not have a nice native resolution which causes most apps to scale and look funny.

Next...
    i agree with you. i think we will see a lot more from apple in the next ipad,coz apple & steve knows that every computer company out there is trying to take the crown from them and i don't think steve will let that happen .

Thanks

Its has flash omg getting it omgomgogmogmogmgomgo
    When the police want to know where someone is, they ask apple.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cer0 View Post
    This will be an interesting device. But Android is not built fully for tablets yet. I thought even Google said that tablet devices are not being fully supported till 3.0 of Android.

Also agree with the wait and see what the battery estimate holds. Apple under shot the iPad and people see over 10 hours and close to 15 hours of playback. I am hoping this can do the same but as mentioned let's see if flash playback would effect the outside use. Optimization is key and Apple's OS is built for specific devices and Android has a wide variety of devices. I am sure companies tweak it and go through the code to optimize it but still iOS is built from the ground up for a specific hardware.

I also thought I saw that Samsung was removing the phone capabilities from the US versions.

you are right about them removing the phone capabilities from the US versions and i think that's going to kill this device i know a lot of people that want it to get this for that one extra function.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,138 Times in 888 Posts

Flash is not a selling point for me. I have been using click-to-flash and the iDevices and have no issues with any of the sites I visit. This may be the same for others too but flash is a main selling point for some people. So having flash couldn't hurt pulling those people in.

My iPhone is a Part of Me kuhndsn's Avatar
    Thanks

^ correct flash is not my selling point either. Every android user I run into at work says iPhone huh? Look at my android it has flash. Then I say look me too (jailbreak) and then I make a call while looking at a flash page on the Internet. Then I kindly say... What now? And as the phone is concerned I stow it away in my pocket while they need a netbook case To carry the damn thing. Lol

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

if the price is right.. I'm getting one... It does not make any sense paying $200 more just for a bigger screen... the Galaxy S serve the same as the iPad and more (camera, third party apps, no mouse/cat play with the firmwares to get root, etc) and freedom of view my favorites website the same way I see them in my desktop, without the need of any other app or addiontal 'clicks' to see a Flash animation, video or add... I want an iPad but the GS is pretty tempting... price will tell..., the people that try to justify the laking of Flash support in iOS is the same people that think the new ipod nano is better than the previous one....
    Last edited by eortizr; 09-24-2010 at 09:11 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to eortizr For This Useful Post:

ADF (09-24-2010)

miPhone's better than yours GellBrake'rrrr's Avatar
    Thanks

The only thing I think that is better about this than my iPad is the weight difference. It's about half the weight. Yet, I wouldn't want to give up the size of my screen for weight. I would however like it if apple could decrease the weight of the next version though.

Just my opinion

ADF
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Haters... :-/

Thanks

I dont own any android system but the behaviors in using this tablet looks too much like apple's ios, pinch, expand, swipe etc. But response seems slow compared and i only have a 3gs. About the only thing that interests me is the front camera for video chats. Which I'm waiting for the ipad to have since the new ipod touch has them.

Thanks

How will this be cheaper when it is tied to carriers with two year contracts? This is not a killer anything unless the model is month to month no contract 3G and close to or cheaper than the iPad models.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    "To unpathed waters, undreamed shores." -- William Shakespeare

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Just looking at the specs the galaxy tablet sounds better but the ipad has one thing it doesn't, the app store. That's why it will never be the "iPhone killer". The front camera for video chats is pretty cool though. I still wouldn't buy either though I just prefer a real computer.
    Last edited by robertr1; 09-25-2010 at 06:43 PM.

+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123