+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Target Announces iPad Plans, October 3rd Release

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,474 Times in 561 Posts

Default Target Announces iPad Plans, October 3rd Release

It turns out the rumors were right. Target, the second largest US-based retail chain, made it official today at a press conference at corporate headquarters in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Target will begin stocking and selling the iPad as of October 3rd. From the Associated Press:

The iPad will be covered under the retailer's 5 percent discount for store credit-card holders, which rolls out Oct. 17. Target hopes the combination of the hit device and the discount will bring in shoppers during the holidays.
    On September 12th, MMi's Wiley John Wright covered news of the leaked screen-shot of a Target PDA that naturally suggested that the superstore would soon offer Apple’s iPad. Following a whirlwind of rumors both confirming and rejecting these reports, Target officially put all speculation to rest this morning.

According to company representatives, Target will carry all six models of Apple's iPad as of the scheduled release date. Ironically, Walmart - the only US retailer larger than Target - announced months ago that it too would carry the iPad. And while the tablet hasn't turned up in stores yet, Wal-Mart maintains that it should before 2010 draws to a close. Nonetheless, it now appears that Target will beat Wal-Mart to the punch, as will Best-Buy, which will carry the iPad at all of its US-based locations as of this Sunday.

Associated Press

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Michael Essany For This Useful Post:

Armored (09-24-2010), nycpolo76 (09-24-2010)

Thanks

good news for us separated from apple and best buy.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Finally. I hope this also squashes the rumors of a different iPad being released as well.

Thanks

They should make the Ipad with Logo of the store you buy it from. I sure would love a big wal-mart logo on the back of mine.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nycpolo76 View Post
    Finally. I hope this also squashes the rumors of a different iPad being released as well.
    oh man, me too.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bevo6000 View Post
    They should make the Ipad with Logo of the store you buy it from. I sure would love a big wal-mart logo on the back of mine.
    LOL! That's too funny! I wouldn't want that though....I love the apple logo too much!
    Though we all look different on the outside, we all bleed the same on the inside

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

FINALLY! I've been dying to purchase an iPad at a target.

Thanks

Way to go Target

Banned
    Thanks

I wasn't going to buy an iPad, but now that it is being sold at target I am going to be first in line. Thanks for the great info. Please let me know when they will be sold at wal mart that will make my day. Because all this info is important

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gbarielmoreno View Post
    I wasn't going to buy an iPad, but now that it is being sold at target I am going to be first in line. Thanks for the great info. Please let me know when they will be sold at wal mart that will make my day. Because all this info is important
    There are a number of people who will be buying one because it is at Target that otherwise wouldn't. Target employees will certainly be buying more of then than before due to their slight discount (assuming Apple doesn't have any strict rules about this). More importantly though, Target does reward it's shoppers with free $5 gift cards when they purchase certain items or their purchases meet certain requirements. I spoke to my mother when I heard about this rumor because she wanted to get an iPad after using mine but was not thrilled about paying four or five hundred dollars for an iPad so she started to lean towards just getting a kindle. Now that they have officially announced it, she said she's going to be getting an iPad and use about $200 worth of those complimentary gift cards she's earned by simply shopping at Target. Costing the consumer a couple hundred dollars less out of pocket will certainly sway their interests. So yes, more people will be purchasing iPads because they are being carried by other people. Sarcasm fail.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by paganizonda83 View Post
    There are a number of people who will be buying one because it is at Target that otherwise wouldn't. Target employees will certainly be buying more of then than before due to their slight discount (assuming Apple doesn't have any strict rules about this). More importantly though, Target does reward it's shoppers with free $5 gift cards when they purchase certain items or their purchases meet certain requirements. I spoke to my mother when I heard about this rumor because she wanted to get an iPad after using mine but was not thrilled about paying four or five hundred dollars for an iPad so she started to lean towards just getting a kindle. Now that they have officially announced it, she said she's going to be getting an iPad and use about $200 worth of those complimentary gift cards she's earned by simply shopping at Target. Costing the consumer a couple hundred dollars less out of pocket will certainly sway their interests. So yes, more people will be purchasing iPads because they are being carried by other people. Sarcasm fail.
    Of course more people would buy iPad if it was sold at target just because it's in another store. Just cause your mother saves 5 dollar target gift cards doesn't mean the whole world does. Your mother is an exception. Most people throw them away or use them right away. Man you're a ratard.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I'll be picking one up from Target...with my mothers discount figured it all out and I can get a WiFi+3G 64GB model for something like $680...so it's worth it for me finally.

Thanks

Of course more people would buy iPad if it was sold at target just because it's in another store. Just cause your mother saves 5 dollar target gift cards doesn't mean the whole world does. Your mother is an exception. Most people throw them away or use them right away. Man you're a ratard.
    Thanks for your input. Do you need help finding the door?

Livin the iPhone Life Bluemoldycheeze88's Avatar
    Thanks

Time to go pick up on chicks at target to use their employee discount for the iPad.

Thanks

Lmao

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Here's a pic of a recent planned product set at a local target....obviously ipads :-P It seems like they're carrying every model, I didnt even know that many existed. LOL

Last edited by apothis8; 09-27-2010 at 01:51 PM. Reason: edit

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Wow... retard spelling fail/ who the **** throws out a gift card for Target?!? Dude, it's free money! "Hey, this 5 dollars, I don't need it. I'M RICH *****!!!"

Thanks

Apple will put the iPad in every retail outlet that it can now that the competitors will be releasing their tablets for the holiday season.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    All I can find online at the target website is the 16 gig 3g, f that!

Thanks

Well, I took her today and she got a 32gb iPad for $300 out of pocket. Pretty good deal for a "ratard" don't ya think?