Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Google Docs Will Soon be Editable on iPad

Default Google Docs Will Soon be Editable on iPad

At this year’s annual European Google Atmosphere event, the search engine giant announced new “mobile editing capabilities” for Google Docs on the iPad and Android platforms. With this forthcoming update, Google Docs users will finally have the freedom to edit, not just view, their documents. These new features and more will be made available to the public “in the next few weeks” said Dave Girouard, President, Google Enterprise.

Google also announced that security for their cloud-based apps would be increased with this update as well. Google Apps Premier, Education and Government Edition users will now have to sign in to their accounts using a password and a one-time verification code they will receive via mobile phone. When logging in, this additional step will ensure a greater level of security for all users.

“Users can continue to access Google Apps from Internet-connected devices, but with stronger protections to help fend off risks like phishing scams and password reuse,” said Dave Girouard.

Security measures such as these are usually quite costly to implement for smaller companies so it is reassuring that Google is taking their customers security concerns seriously. These new features will be trickling down to all users “in the coming months,” he said.

Google also used the event to mark some major company milestones. Google now has more than 3 million business users who have “gone Google” and over 30 million users relying on Google’s messaging and collaboration tools daily. As customers continue to enjoy the freedom that cloud-based computing brings with it, Google continues to develop tools that let users work securely, where they want to, when they want to. Using Google Docs has never been easier.

Source: Google

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wiley John Wright For This Useful Post:

mrmotivator (09-22-2010), wirehedd (09-22-2010)

Whats google docs?
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

Thanks

Google docs rocks.

So Google has made a very stripped down word processor that you can only use after you get your super ultra secret text message code, cool...

Thanks

I thought at first that Google Docs would be a bust, but I found out I really like it.