+ Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: VLC for iPad Now Available: "It plays everything!"

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Originally Posted by villeveee When will i be getting this for my iphone Why don't you read the last line of the article.
    Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by villeveee View Post
    When will i be getting this for my iphone
    Why don't you read the last line of the article.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Anyone tried BUZZ Player? Says it can play almost anything but no reviews on it and it was posted in the app store on 9-17.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

hmmm, not too bright a start with vlc ipad here, had a yourtube 720p dload and ifiled it across internally to the vlc docs folder, fired it up, and got a warning that the ipad may not be fast enough to play it, i proceeded, and suffice to say, very suprisingly, vlc stuttered like hell with it, a file that youtube, oplayer, ipod-videos played with no sweat!!
    iDevice-less, for once. flirting with Andy Roid atm, looking to rekindle romance if the right handset comes along

Livin the iPhone Life billchase2's Avatar
    Thanks

Woohoo! Been waiting for this one.
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

What about CineXPlayer? How does this compare to that? I've been using it to play my divx files with no problem. Is this new vlc app as good or better?

Thanks

More importantly than the fact that this app fails hard at playing the videos the desktop version laps up just fine, where the hell is support for music files? FLAC, anyone?

Thanks

Nice... Can't wait for iPhone version... Am really tired of having a video everytime I wanna add one to my iPhone. Then the wait while it converts oh wow!! This would seriously be a nice thing to have!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by reeko View Post

After playing with it most the evening I can say it chokes on .avi files over 600MB big, the audio/video don't stay in sync when scrubbing forward and backwards and .mkv support is poor.
    happens to me too, the base system and idea is good, it just needs a little work
    WANT A UDID SLOT TO RUN BETA iOS FIRMWARE? 87 SLOTS AVALIABLE. $3 EACH PM ME

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Does it support RMVB?
    Avi works fine but RMVB doesnt seem working or being recognized.
    Is it true that the current version doesnt support rmvb yet?

Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 1,576 Times in 277 Posts

Ouch, it's really that bad? Definitely not a good start.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I've been using OPlayer for both the iPad and iPhone... works pretty well and supports subtitles too. Tried VLC just now... works ok with standard videos not so well with HD mkv files, and it does start out choppy.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I never heard of oplayer..u think it's better than vlc? I have a lot mkv vids, I think I might try out the oplayer, I'm on iPhone 4.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by reeko View Post
    Do you know what VLC is?

It allows playback of nearly ALL formatted video files. That is why this app is such a huge approval.

After playing with it most the evening I can say it chokes on .avi files over 600MB big, the audio/video don't stay in sync when scrubbing forward and backwards and .mkv support is poor.
    Yea dude I know what it is, I have it on my PC! What it plays has nothing to do with what I asked...Apple only supports THEIR codec version on their devices, it has nothing to do with what VLC will play...the device doesn't allow other formats (wmv, etc) on their devices. you must convert the file first.

Let's also remember that the iPad is not a computer (as much as Jobs would like to think it is), do you honestly expect it to work like a computer in playing your videos perfectly?

iPad is total junk and waste of electronic components! "Hey I can do this"...guess what..."I could do that 15 years ago"...
    Last edited by Dayvidpriddy; 09-20-2010 at 09:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "Don't hold it like that!"

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dayvidpriddy View Post
    Yea dude I know what it is, I have it on my PC! What it plays has nothing to do with what I asked...Apple only supports THEIR codec version on their devices, it has nothing to do with what VLC will play...the device doesn't allow other formats (wmv, etc) on their devices. you must convert the file first.

Let's also remember that the iPad is not a computer (as much as Jobs would like to think it is), do you honestly expect it to work like a computer in playing your videos perfectly?

iPad is total junk and waste of electronic components! "Hey I can do this"...guess what..."I could do that 15 years ago"...
    Or install one of a growing number of 3rd party apps that will support those files without the need for conversion.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    my fav video player..however i am surprised by the somewhat sluggish perf of some vids

Green Apple
    Thanks

This would be great news if the app actually worked as advertised. I'd recommend removing the "it plays everything" from the headline.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I just installed it but after reading the comments here, I'm not even going to bother testing it. Going back to CineXplayer for AVIs and converting my mkv's to mp4.

Thanks to all the previous testers, saved me a lot of time.

Thanks

Guys, stop messing around with this app and just download "BUZZ player" from the app store. I have tried it already and it has played every single format i have on my drive WITHOUT GLITCHES. VLC won't even play my files AT ALL. Anyway it's only .99 cents and is very underrated right now so please support them as they do deserve better rattings for a very high quality app. My files were tested on my iPhone 4 and i haven't tested it on the iPad yet, but i'm sure it should work, but let me know if you've tried it.

"OPlayer" is good as well but i did have problems with the viewing quality on some formats. i.e. a Bruce Lee movie played without color on "oplayer" but played perfectly on "BUZZ player". Weird, but they are too totally different applications anyway. "oplayer" also has less pixelation in the viewing quality than "buzzplayer" but only played 70% of my files properly. Anyway, at least THEY PLAY. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by TheReliq; 09-20-2010 at 11:42 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Mista Brothason's Avatar
    Thanks

Can't wait for the iPhone version
    64 GB iPhone 4S on 5.1.1 Jailbroken & Unlocked
    64 GB iPad 3 on 5.1.1 Jailbroken

iPhone? More like MyPhone s4mb4's Avatar
    Thanks

worthless... won't play files via a network share....
    i'll stick with Tversity. transcode on the fly for ipad and iphone AND plays everything....o..and its FREE too..