+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Certified Refurbished iPads Now Available

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
    MMi Staff Writer
    Thanks

Default Apple Certified Refurbished iPads Now Available

Now that Apple is able to keep up with demand for the iPad, they are offering Certified Refurbished models at the Apple Online Store. This is the first time iPads have been made available at a discounted price. Apple’s supply of iPads has increased dramatically of late, as new orders now ship within 24 hours. Also, Best Buy is set to expand iPad sales to all of their stores by September 26. As I recently reported, Target stores are also rumored to be carrying the iPad in the near future.

Apple is currently offering the Wi-Fi models at a $50 discount. The 16GB now sells for $449, the 32GB model for $549, and the 64 GB model for $649. All Apple certified refurbished products are covered by a 1-year warranty and include a new battery and outer shell. The fact that Apple provides a new battery is a nice touch, since changing the battery is nearly impossible for most users. iPad 3G models are yet to be made available, but Apple is sure to have more refurbished models available in the near future.

Does this signal a new iPad on the horizon? Only Apple knows for sure. If the rumors are true-that Apple is working on a new iPad model that includes Facetime support, we may yet see further iPad discounts in the not too distant future.

Source: AppleInsider

Thanks

this is nice

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by holygamer22 View Post
    this is nice

not really,if you can pay 449 for refurb, might as well burn 50 and go brand new.

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Couple little perks with the new battery and casing, pretty cool.

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 2Jaze View Post
    not really,if you can pay 449 for refurb, might as well burn 50 and go brand new.
    Exactly! If they had these available in July when I bought my 64gb I would have still gone ahead and bought the brand new model. Take $100 off and we'll be talking business.

Thanks

50$ savings? sold! I knew if I waited apple would fold up and give in.

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

OR you could SAVE $50 as it has a one year warranty and most people will sell their old one and upgrade to the newer model after it's out anyways. I've purchased a new iPhone every year selling my old one for a darn good price.. I'll do the same with the iPad so why spend the extra money?

My iPhone is a Part of Me EskimoRuler's Avatar
    Thanks

Fifty bucks it not that big of a drop for me, i would definitely put out 50 more for a new one, 100 bucks maybe, but i already bought a new one so o well
    You don't like the iPad because you don't have one!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

They do make refurbished iPad 3G's... on the store.apple.com page, at one point you will see a chat button in the blue sign at the top of the page, top left corner in the blue box that says apple store. I chatted with someone, they told me there are iPad 3G's that are refurbished..

My iPhone is a Part of Me wolverinemarky's Avatar
    Thanks

yea i would want a bigger discount in a refurb model then just 50 bucks

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    OR you could SAVE $50 as it has a one year warranty and most people will sell their old one and upgrade to the newer model after it's out anyways. I've purchased a new iPhone every year selling my old one for a darn good price.. I'll do the same with the iPad so why spend the extra money?
    sory dude for $50 i'll pass.opening a new box is priceless lol.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zozodouce View Post
    $50 just to open a box... *shakes head in shame*. All my boxes get thrown out bc it's the device I care about. kthankxbai

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zozodouce View Post
    They still come repackaged in a new box.

Thanks

$50 just to open a box... *shakes head in shame*. All my boxes get thrown out bc it's the device I care about. kthankxbai

I think you would be surprised at the number of avid iDevice, and for that matter avid Apple users in general, that have all of the boxes for their devices.

For a lot of people who buy used iDevices, it give them a sense of security in purchasing a used device if the owner has gone as far as holding onto the boxes and paperwork all this time. It shows the person has obviously taken care of the device while it has been in their possession (there exceptions of course).

Thanks

In my experience the only thing people care about when buying used electronics is the condition of the device and paying the lowest price. It's not like I can get the $50 back if my ad says "includes the box" lol.

My iPhone is a Part of Me delusion950's Avatar
    Thanks

wowww big difference $50 saving. id rather spend $500 nd get brand new unused!!! not used at all

Green Apple
    Thanks

In my experience the only thing people care about when buying used electronics is the condition of the device and paying the lowest price. It's not like I can get the $50 back if my ad says "includes the box" lol.

It depends how you look at it apparently. I, myself would much rather prefer buying a used product knowing it still has the original packaging because it gives me more of sense that the product has been taken care of. I've sold a lot of things on craigslist and I am amazed how often I get asked about the box. It can go both ways, selling something with the box is easier but selling something $50 less is also easier.
    Last edited by suade8880; 09-17-2010 at 07:47 PM.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to suade8880 For This Useful Post:

mortopher (09-17-2010)

Thanks

Yes, the condition of the device is what matters. Now, by retaining the boxes and paperwork and everything it does make the buyer more confident that the owner took good care of the device while it was in their possession. In some cases this added sense of confidence/trust in the owner's care of the device will make that buyer more willing to pay a slightly higher price than they would for the same device elsewhere.

A prime example of this is that I bought a used macbook off of craigs list this past spring for $600. Before I had met this seller I was hoping to spend a little less than that for a used MacBook so when I first saw his sale posted on CL I didn't think I would buy it, but once we started talking he showed me photos of everything he would include and he had EVERY single piece that came with the MacBook down to the thin antistatic wrapping that the laptop sits in in inside the box. Given how he had taken the time/care/whatever to hold onto all of the things that are typically thrown in the trash immediately after opening, I had complete confidence that the computer had been taken great care of while in his possession and no longer had any reservations about the $600 pricing.

Presentation goes a long way, my friend.

Thanks

I'm holding out for the new iPad.
    iPhone 4 to Android directly back to iPhone 4. I learned my lesson and will never leave iOS again.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 891 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by paganizonda83 View Post
    Yes, the condition of the device is what matters. Now, by retaining the boxes and paperwork and everything it does make the buyer more confident that the owner took good care of the device while it was in their possession. In some cases this added sense of confidence/trust in the owner's care of the device will make that buyer more willing to pay a slightly higher price than they would for the same device elsewhere.

A prime example of this is that I bought a used macbook off of craigs list this past spring for $600. Before I had met this seller I was hoping to spend a little less than that for a used MacBook so when I first saw his sale posted on CL I didn't think I would buy it, but once we started talking he showed me photos of everything he would include and he had EVERY single piece that came with the MacBook down to the thin antistatic wrapping that the laptop sits in in inside the box. Given how he had taken the time/care/whatever to hold onto all of the things that are typically thrown in the trash immediately after opening, I had complete confidence that the computer had been taken great care of while in his possession and no longer had any reservations about the $600 pricing.

Presentation goes a long way, my friend.
    This is how I keep all my stuff. I keep the box for everything and all the paperwork. I sold my Apple laptop to a co-worker of my gf. She bought my first one and was shocked that I kept everything for it; and very happy about it too. When she told her I had another for sell it was sold that right away because she knew I keep everything.

I even put everything in the plastic and all the items exactly how they come when new. So at least she gets the "new" experience when she opens it sort of.