+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Certified Refurbished iPads Now Available

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Still waiting for the iPad $250.00 wifi 16gb on Craigslist Saw one a week ago but was too late. Oh, you have to meet them at a 7-11.
    iPhone? More like MyPhone CMOSlabs's Avatar
    Thanks

Still waiting for the iPad $250.00 wifi 16gb on Craigslist
    Saw one a week ago but was too late. Oh, you have to meet them at a 7-11.

Thanks

I did an unboxing of my ipad I recieved today on Youtube! Keep in mind, I had never seen one except commercials and Youtube. Amazing build quality and device super sexy!

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    OR you could SAVE $50 as it has a one year warranty and most people will sell their old one and upgrade to the newer model after it's out anyways. I've purchased a new iPhone every year selling my old one for a darn good price.. I'll do the same with the iPad so why spend the extra money?
    Same here. I will be picking up the new iPad on release day

iPhone? More like MyPhone madczech's Avatar
    Thanks

50$ is 50$!

Get an iPad and go out for a good dinner!
    I don't give a damn about Chuck Norris, Spongebob can grill under water!

Thanks

I'd rather wait for the new iPad, $50 is just not enough to rush in.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Yeah that's a slap in the face, you don't pay nearly full price for a second hand item, anyone heard of depreciation you can't buy a new car and 6 month later sell it for $500 off the stock price peeps would say feck off.

Also how do we know the battery has been changed? since apple devices are a pain in the *** to open take everything out, I don't see them taking the time to do so would mean man hours and people, apple aren't about spending, more about profit.

Also refurbished stuff usually is stuff that has broke and been fixed or taken back that day, so you could be buying an item with a defect hence the 1 year warranty.
    Last edited by rocky5; 09-18-2010 at 08:23 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Boxes.....a subject close to my heart. Of course I keep the box. And they do make a lot of diff in the preception the new buyer will have of you when you start to sell.

I've been a MAC person since 1984...Sold my first mac, with box about 10 years later for more than I originally paid for it.

I sell my mac laptops every two years, and usually get almost as much as the brand new one I am buying. They hold their resale value very well, especially if you have the box and original receipt.

I sold my iphone 3GS 16 gig with box for way more than it cost me for my new iphone4. In fact the sale paid for(2 ) i4's. I like that kind of math.

I am still using my 32g 3GS waiting for the jailbreak and unlock on my new Iphone4. But I don't mind waiting.....well I do, but will do so patiently...

But the point of this whole message...is keep your box, don't throw it away, you will get more money for it with the box when you finally sell it

Livin the iPhone Life Bluemoldycheeze88's Avatar
    Thanks

Seriously Apple needs to stop being Cheap and sell refurbished iPads at $399.

They need to drop the refurbished iPhone 4 price to $99 and $199

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rocky5 View Post
    Yeah that's a slap in the face, you don't pay nearly full price for a second hand item, anyone heard of depreciation you can't buy a new car and 6 month later sell it for $500 off the stock price peeps would say feck off.

Also how do we know the battery has been changed? since apple devices are a pain in the *** to open take everything out, I don't see them taking the time to do so would mean man hours and people, apple aren't about spending, more about profit.

Also refurbished stuff usually is stuff that has broke and been fixed or taken back that day, so you could be buying an item with a defect hence the 1 year warranty.
    I think I trust Apple to do it, I mean come on, the techs can do it a little faster than you can with your rusty flathead screwdriver any day of the week.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 2Jaze View Post
    not really,if you can pay 449 for refurb, might as well burn 50 and go brand new.
    I agree, $50.00 is not a big savings for a refurbished unit. I would expect at least $125.00 off for something that is being resold.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12