+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unified iOS 4.2 beta 1 with AirPrint Released

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Mac os X samba is shoddy at best. I've always had issues with it. I'm surprised to not see support for boujour print devices. Originally Posted by reddawg This is
    Thanks
    Mac os X samba is shoddy at best. I've always had issues with it. I'm surprised to not see support for boujour print devices.
    Quote Originally Posted by reddawg View Post
    This is all great, but in order to print the printer must be WiFi capable and support AirPrint. This is a very limited scope. I can't understand why the iPhone doesn't support Windows printing via Samba.

The iPhone uses a lite version of the Mac OS X's BSD Unix environment. Why can't the iPhone print to Windows printer shares like the Mac OSX can?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    does this mean the devs are going to withhold the 4.1 jailbreak for 4.2

Thanks

I'm interested to see how (if at all) this will affect the 4.1 jailbreak release. I don't care at all about wifi printing.
    iPhone 4 to Android directly back to iPhone 4. I learned my lesson and will never leave iOS again.

iPhone? More like MyPhone bigorangekitty's Avatar
    Thanks

i'm sure i'm not the only one, but hold the jailbreak to 4.2, since it's been released.

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't understand why there isn't a printer tab in the Settings.app

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    you do not need to wait for a lame Apple solution that requires you to have an "Approved or Enhanced" printer. Get Print Magic from the app store and print to just about any printer on any wireless network.... It prints anything you can copy and works on your iPhone and iPad... best $6.99 I have spent at the app store...

seeya
    eidolon

Green Apple
    Thanks

Why on earth would I want to print from my iPhone?
    Unless it is a picture I took for which there is an application Canon's Easy-PhotoPrint that I can use, of course I have a Canon printer capable of wifi printing already. So the hell with 4.2 I want my jailbreak, DevTeam willing.
    If you own an iPad your mileage may vary.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sadsamurai View Post
    Why on earth would I want to print from my iPhone?
    Unless it is a picture I took for which there is an application Canon's Easy-PhotoPrint that I can use, of course I have a Canon printer capable of wifi printing already. So the hell with 4.2 I want my jailbreak, DevTeam willing.
    If you own an iPad your mileage may vary.
    If you are asking this question then you are certainly under utilizing your iPhone.

iPhone? More like MyPhone mwr_allen's Avatar
    Thanks

Will this work with bluetooth printers??

Green Apple
    Thanks

I upgraded my iPad to 4.2 and so far I am impressed. Makes it feel more like my iPhone which I love. I upgraded my iPhone 4 to 4.2. Not good. My 3G signal dropped way down and wi-fi has slowed way down and even stopped at times. Currently restoring my iPhone to 4.01.

It's still synching my apps, but I can see that the 3G signal bars are back up where they belong.

iPhone? More like MyPhone mwr_allen's Avatar
    Thanks

Are Apple not just doing lots of wifi printing application developers out of their potential sales of their apps on the app store? I can see these developers being quite upset with Apple over this.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Can someone please PM me a working link to iPad 4.2 beta thanks

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Acciavatti View Post

Apple announced the release of the first iOS 4.2 beta for iPhone, the iPad and the iPod touch today. The update - the first version of iOS 4 that can be run on all devices -includes the AirPrint wireless printing framework that was introduced at the 4G iPod touch rollout earlier this month. AirPrint, which lets iOS devices print over WiFi to compatible printers, will be available to all iOS devices when 4.2 is released in November. Apple also says that the upgrade will be free for all devices.

AirPrint, according to Apple's press release, "automatically finds printers on local networks and can print text, photos and graphics to them wirelessly over Wi-Fi without the need to install drivers or download software." The framework requires printer manufacturers to build AirPrint support into their printers, though, and as of today only HP’s ePrint enabled printers - such as the HP Photosmart, Officejet, Officejet Pro and LaserJet Pro series - will work. iOS 4.2 devices will eventually be able to print to a variety of wireless printers, as well as ones that are shared through a Mac or a PC.

The update, which will also allow Fast App Switching "multitasking" on the iPad for the first time, will be free to all iPad users. However, it may be the last free update: Apple's iPad licensing agreement promises free updates only "up to and including the next major iPad OS software release following the version of iPad OS software that originally shipped from Apple on your iPad. However, the agreement warns, "such updates and releases may not necessarily include all of the new software features that Apple releases for newer iPad models." Thus, an original iPad may not necessarily have - for example - FaceTime support, even with an external camera, even if the next generation iPad has such support, as has been rumored. Reason #164,256 to jailbreak…

Source: Engadget
    NO, AirPrint on iPhone 3G...have not seen it on my iPhone 3G.:-(

No, AirPrint on my iPhone 3G:-(
    Last edited by albrevng; 09-16-2010 at 08:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Default request...
    any dev out there that would be willing to host me on their account?

for my iPad and my iPhone 4? just thought i'd ask since i've been doing the betas with Stealth forever now.. but, new phone/ipad, new numbers..

let me know please! thanks in advance!

eric
    iPhone 3G OS 3.1.3
    iPhone 3G(S) OS 3.1.3
    iMac Snow Leopard 10.6.3

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by raduga View Post
    Yeah.
    Contrary to most everyone's rave reviews of Epic Citadel / ipt3,
    I found it to be mildly interesting (as a 3D platform) but sluggish and with pretty icky render artifacts.

The release notes say "Much improved performance on 4.0+" so I've wondered if it really does look better, feel better under 4.x.

Has anyone else compared Epic Citadel on both 3.x and 4.x, on the same (or equivalent) hardware?
    Yes, there actually was a significant difference on my end when I fooled around with Epic Citadel on 3.2 as compared to when i tried it on 4.2.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to mortopher For This Useful Post:

raduga (09-21-2010)

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12