Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Best Buy to Carry iPad Nationwide September 26th

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,481 Times in 567 Posts

Default Best Buy to Carry iPad Nationwide September 26th

The iPad is officially expanding nationwide to all Best Buy stores in the US as of September 26th. All told, that's a lot of new retail outlets for the iPad to call home. More specifically, all 1,093 of the company's retail outlets will begin carrying Apple's tablet within days, the company formally announced yesterday.

In case you're scratching your head because you've already seen an iPad at your local Best Buy, the consumer electronics retail giant began stocking the iPad at select stores after the product's initial roll out. As of the end of September, however, all U.S. locations will carry the Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi + 3G models. And its a move the folks at Best Buy are apparently excited about. "Technology is becoming more and more personal, and our customers say they really value visiting a Best Buy store to touch and try the iPad for themselves," Wendy Fritz, senior VP of computing at Best Buy said. "We’re delighted that we’ll soon make that opportunity available to everyone who’d like to come see us, and experience this device in any Best Buy store nationwide."

It isn't yet clear exactly how bulky of an inventory each location will keep. Keep in mind, of course, that the 673 Best Buy retail stores with Apple Shop locations that already carry the iPad have experienced countless and recurring iPad shortages due to high demand and low supply. As we rapidly approach the holiday season, it's likely that the nagging burden of constrained supplies won't entirely fade from the reality of the busiest shopping season of the year.

Best Buy

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Michael Essany For This Useful Post:

CaryDude (09-15-2010)

Thanks

Sickly doodles!

I was scratching my head

Well I know what I'm buying on black Friday now.

the best tablet outhere, all you android fake tablets no app store outhere can kiss my $$$$ lol.

Micro Center has iPads already. Its not on their site, but I was in the store the other day and they had them.

Apple basically has no other choice but to let more stores carry their products now that the demand for Apple has grown so large.

I don't mean to hate, but in my experience Best Buy (at least the one where i live) has the worst customer service ever so i really don't go there unless i have to. i've heard this from others but im not sure if its just a stereotype or if they actually have widespread bad CS. IF i get one, it will be from the Apple store or online

10. The Following User Says Thank You to leathelisor For This Useful Post:

CaryDude (09-15-2010)

Thanks

my local bestbuy been selling ipad since it was release

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tudtran View Post
    my local bestbuy been selling ipad since it was release
    That's where I got mine. Had to get a bigger one than I wanted (or will fully use) but I had it on release day. :-)

---self confessed Fan Boy
    Last edited by CaryDude; 09-15-2010 at 09:20 PM. Reason: Grammar