+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: China Getting Wi-Fi iPad This Week

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
A reality few thought possible upon the iPad's introduction earlier this year will finally set in on September 17th. This morning, Apple announced that China will get the Wi-Fi iPad
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,479 Times in 565 Posts

Default China Getting Wi-Fi iPad This Week

A reality few thought possible upon the iPad's introduction earlier this year will finally set in on September 17th.

This morning, Apple announced that China will get the Wi-Fi iPad this Friday. The tablet will be carried by Apple's retail outlets as well as other authorized (but handpicked) dealers from that point forward. The 16GB, 32GB, or 64GB iPads will all be released.

In China, the 16GB model will run you about $590. The 32GB and 64GB models cost $708 and $826, respectively. As far as anyone can tell, the Chinese Wi-Fi iPad is remarkably similar - if not outright identical - to the iPads we call our own. Still, it isn't clear if the 3G model will ever make its grand debut in China, as Chinese government and regulatory officials have concerns about widespread 3G iPad use.

While it appears that the biggest beneficiaries of today's news are the Chinese people, the biggest winner, in fact, may be Apple. the Cupertino-based tech giant promised to roll out the iPad in many more countries before the end of the year. And with a population of better than one billion now in iPad-territory, sales of the revolutionary tablet will at least be initially curbed by the high price of this "luxury device" in mainland China.

Apple

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

nobody gives a sh!t if your first to post...JESUS!

Now to the article, its about time the country that builds these actually gets these on their shelves.

Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Thanks

^^^ wow somebody hasn't taken a chill pill today geez, I only posted that because I couldn't care less about ipads in china, therefore I had nothing better to write, giving me the choice to write nothing, or pointing out the fact that I was the first to comment lol
    You don't need to go crazy about it haha

Thanks

Relax ladies and he's right who care about china getting the iPad when they make and got better tec than us
    pain & time and glory

My iPhone is a Part of Me politicalslug's Avatar
    Thanks

I have to admit that I find it slightly humorous that the Chinese made all of these devices while working for $0.10/hour and yet they weren't allowed to turn one on and play with it until six months after we (stateside) got it.
    They can have my jailbreak when they pry it from my cold dead fingers.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Average Chinese citizen do not make enough to own one of these, basically it is sold to the rich. Looks like nobody cares about this iPad news anyways so why am I commenting on it....

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by unison999 View Post
    Average Chinese citizen do not make enough to own one of these, basically it is sold to the rich. Looks like nobody cares about this iPad news anyways so why am I commenting on it....
    Exactly! An 16GB wifi IPAD would cost us 2 months' salary in this evil country

iPhone? More like MyPhone macsoldier's Avatar
    Thanks

Fellas fellas fellas, we are very fortunate we get to have these in our country along with the many freedoms we get. WE are a very tech savvy country compared to the rest. Lets just be thankful we have what we have, take a moment and think how far we have come over the years. I know politics are a headache and economy is bad ( it could be worst). Its nice to have that freedom to be able to go to the coffee shop and sit down with our iDevices and or other devices sip on our coffee read a paper and not have to worry about somebody bringing the place down. Point is this article should show you how fortunate we are.