+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPad 2G With FaceTime For the Holidays?

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
And what do we do with our current ipads that are 2 months old? Think they'll let us upgrade for a few more bucks? The thing should have had a
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

And what do we do with our current ipads that are 2 months old? Think they'll let us upgrade for a few more bucks?
    The thing should have had a camera to begin with. Not bare boned so we can pay again for an updated device.

My iPhone is a Part of Me tudtran's Avatar
    Thanks

That would be cool.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Nope, Lies!

Thanks

I would almost bet money on facetime camera, they're promoting that any way they can so it'll get big and not be a lost cause. I mean why else would they leave it open for other phones to use and possibly computers.

But by the holidays? That'd be great if it did come out then, but I'm not holding my breath.

Thanks

It may happen but I doubt it will be before the scheduled springtime releases. I'd be more inclined to think if it does happen early it will just be a higher designated model in the same line (same A4, RAM and display) but with the lower end cams from the iPod Touch G4. They would be more likely to move up to more RAM, better cams, retina display, higher processor and greater capacity (maybe 128GB) at the springtime releases to optimize sales on existing hardware.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

oh. That's nice. I just bought an ipad yesterday. cacksmokers

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

lol they need to employ better graphics artists, dude's hands woman's face
    Apple are Control freaks we need to stop them before they take over the world!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I doubt it'll be on sale soon, if there was a time for them to announce it, it would have been at the september event and I don't think they're just going to drop it on the apple store without some event.

iPhone? More like MyPhone madczech's Avatar
    Thanks

ok heres what I think the deal is:

I recently talked to a guy the works with Apple at Cupertino, he is a good friend of a friend of mine (true story )
    So we go into conversation and started talking about the ipad and the iPad 2 (that's what it should be called)

So he gave me a few facts about it:

1. There will be two versions and "ipad mini" with a 7" screen and a iPad with a 12" screen possible retina

2. It will have a front/back facing camera

3. It will not run on iOS any more!! But on a modified version of OS X which will still let you use the AppStore Apps but just like widgets

4. It will have 2-3 USB Ports (for cameras etc.)

5. Will be released spring 2011

I'm not trying to put fake rumors out. But this is what the guy told me.

Cheers
    I don't give a damn about Chuck Norris, Spongebob can grill under water!

Thanks

Makes perfect sense from a business point. Make a lower end model to test the waters with early adopters and find out what people will pay for when new model is going to be released. That way you get the first buyers sucked in to buying newer and better model with very next iteration. Max out the profit margins for sure.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Apple September 1st iPad camera clue
    I was watching the apple conference on youtube and when mr. Steve Jobs was talking of the iOS 4.2 coming to the iPad and listing the futures ported to the iPad, on the minute 15:53 he said HDR Photos, check it yourself

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WIKvtI2Zuw]YouTube - Apple - Special Event - September 1, 2010[/ame]

Thanks

Android tablets been had usb and front facing cameras its a gimmick. if ur friends don't have an ipad iphone 4 or touch to recieve facetime, it's no fun video conferencing alone.

My iPhone is a Part of Me wolverinemarky's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mikerlx View Post
    Android tablets been had usb and front facing cameras its a gimmick. if ur friends don't have an ipad iphone 4 or touch to recieve facetime, it's no fun video conferencing alone.
    Wasn't aware of that there are numerous android tablets out there please post the links that have their creation dates because u make it seem like android has been making tablets for a while

Thanks

That would be really cool. With the release of iPhone 4 and the new iTouch with front facing camera and now the iPad you will definitely have someone to facetime with.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by OscarMedina View Post
    I was watching the apple conference on youtube and when mr. Steve Jobs was talking of the iOS 4.2 coming to the iPad and listing the futures ported to the iPad, on the minute 15:53 he said HDR Photos, check it yourself
    iOS 4.2 will run on the iPhone and iPod Touch as well as the iPad

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

This would make it worth getting for my parents. I would personally still want a few things before I got one myself

Quote Originally Posted by wolverinemarky View Post
    i doubt they release a new iPad early that would severely irk their current customers as well as it doesnt fit into what apple does normally so i doubt they change what they do
    Hey, they did it with the first gen iPhone AND dropped its price!

Quote Originally Posted by mikerlx View Post
    To an extent, I agree with you. Only a matter of time before skype rolls out an update that utilizes their video chat features on Apple's mobile devices though...
    Last edited by sziklassy; 09-13-2010 at 11:35 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wolverinemarky View Post
    Wasn't aware of that there are numerous android tablets out there please post the links that have their creation dates because u make it seem like android has been making tablets for a while
    check out my youtube channel iph0ne27 to get an idea of whats out there in the world of android based tablets

Thanks

[QUOTE=sziklassy;5454717]This would make it worth getting for my parents. I would personally still want a few things before I got one myself

Hey, they did it with the first gen iPhone AND dropped its price!

They didn't do that! The 1st iPhone was out for ages before the 3G came!

Green Apple
    Thanks
    cant wait for an hd shootin ipad

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12