+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Ramping-Up Production of iPad to Meet Overwhelming Demand

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
    Thanks

Default Apple Ramping-Up Production of iPad to Meet Overwhelming Demand

Back in May 2010, Steve Jobs declared the iPad a smash hit, and indicated they were having trouble making enough of them for customer's demand. Jobs said, “Demand continues to exceed supply and we’re working hard to get this magical product into the hands of even more customers.”

Apple has been working hard indeed. Industry insiders are reporting that Apple is set to triple production on the "magical device" in an effort to catch up with the steady demand for the tablet. Morgan Stanley analyst Katy Huberty says that Apple has recently doubled the monthly production of the iPad to two million units. This colossal ramp-up in production is believed to be the cause of the dramatic improvement in iPad shipping times we saw last week.

While 2 million iPads per month might seem like enough, it is reportedly just the beginning. Huberty also says, “Apple recently indicated to its suppliers a desire to move to 3 million per month in C4Q10. This implies a run rate of 36 million in CY11, close to the current 40 million supply chain forecast.” This ramp-up in production signals that Apple is confident that the iPad will have a very strong holiday season.

Still no iOS 4 for iPad.
    At Apple's Special music event last week, Steve Jobs reported that Apple has now shipped over 120 million iOS devices (including iPhone, iPod touch and iPad), and is activating over 230,000 new iOS devices every single day. The iPhone is the undisputed king of iOS, with a vast majority of the share of those devices (if only by virtue of it being the first iOS device), however the iPad has earned it's spot in the spotlight. The iPad has been a smash hit for Apple, selling one million iPad's in half the time it took to sell the first million iPhones:
    “One million iPads in 28 days — that’s less than half of the 74 days it took to achieve this milestone with iPhone,” said Apple CEO Steve Jobs
    Apple touts the iPad in their press releases as the "magical iPad which is defining the future of mobile media and computing devices."

With millions of Apple customers finding the iPad as a viable replacement for their computer or netbook, the question remains: Why has Apple not shown iPad owners any love when it comes to iOS4? When iOS 4 was first unveiled to the public, Apple made it clear that the iPad version would be coming in the fall, but many were hoping and expecting that update to come in the form of iOS 4.1 in the early fall. Now we know that iPad users will have to wait until late fall (November) to become happy iOS 4 users with the release of iOS 4.2.

One thing is certain, Apple's ability to build and sell iPads by the millions is strengthening their claim that this device is defining the future of mobile media and computing as we know it.

If only the future could come sooner.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I don't think ipad is still popular. Samsung GS has both front and back camera and is thinner than ipad. And even though Android is not as smooth as IOS , it is "okay" with front facing camera for me. I don't want to buy two ipad one without a camera and with a camera.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

It's hard to see the iPad selling that many units next year, maybe they have some software tricks up their sleeve that we just don't see coming, although I'd put money on 2011 seeing a tablet with a full Operating system on it, not a mobile OS.

Formerly Known As rpgpromaster EddieLeonard's Avatar
    Thanks

haha. we will triple the amount and then make a new one and triple that amount after a few weeks. genius
    Follow me on Twitter: EddieLeonard - - - - - - - -If i have helped in anyway at all, Please click the "Thanks!" button
    Stalk me on FaceBook: Eddie Leonard

Thanks

Can't wait for the iOS4.1 iPad update. >_
    "The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear"

'Follow Me on Twitter@Markanthony3211' I always Follow Back.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Markanthony3211 View Post
    Can't wait for the iOS4.1 iPad update. >_
    You mean 4.2 in November

iPhone? More like MyPhone sandstorm77's Avatar
    Thanks

I assume you are not jail broken.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

It is good to see apple being optimistic. I don't see that bright of a holiday season ahead unless they lower the cost a little.

My iPhone is a Part of Me tudtran's Avatar
    Thanks

I didn't thought the iPad would be a huge hit.

iPhone? More like MyPhone macsoldier's Avatar
    Thanks

im banking next year around hmm lets say APril there will be a new iPad introduced and hopefully it is way better than the current iPad. I love having the gadgets, just not paying that much and it not being a replacement for a computer. O and we need a few more for our FANTASY FOOTBALL LEAGUE its in the CHITCHAT section draft is tonight.

Thanks

I'll wait for iPad 2 to see if it gets a front facing camera and possibly a retina display. With my iPhone 4 I am in no hurry to purchase an iPad.
    "To unpathed waters, undreamed shores." -- William Shakespeare

Thanks

I'm more interested in the production of the iPhone 4 being ramped. I still haven't found one with any and I've been calling more than ten a day for over a month. I'll want to see the iPad 2 to get one
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

Thanks

They seem to have sold a lot but I don't know anyone who has one.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by punjabi212 View Post
    They seem to have sold a lot but I don't know anyone who has one.
    I was thinking the exact same, I own an iPad but I don't know anyone else that does and I've yet to see anyone using one out in public.
    I have Kleptomania, when it gets bad I take something for it...

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

I've never seen anyone that has one either and as many as they say they have sold you think they would be out in the open. Hmmmm.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by disenchanted View Post
    I was thinking the exact same, I own an iPad but I don't know anyone else that does and I've yet to see anyone using one out in public.
    Come to ny if you want to see people with iPads , we have 7 ipads at my house.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zozodouce View Post
    I guess people outside of Manhattan use them...

Banned
    Thanks

Every best buy that I've walked into has like 40 ipads and the Fresno apple store has a ton.

Thanks

I have never seen an ipad. Just seen video of the device on Youtube.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default nice
    Quote Originally Posted by zozodouce View Post

7 ipad n1 mate i got 1 but could do with more ,wife kids they all want it