+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New Details About Toshiba Folio 100 iPad Rival

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,479 Times in 565 Posts

Default New Details About Toshiba Folio 100 iPad Rival

Some interesting new details have emerged about Toshiba's forthcoming iPad rival. The first tidbit? The device's name is a good start. According to the Financial Times of London, Toshiba has christened its soon-to-be released tablet the Folio 100.

Samsung and Toshiba are expected to lead a tablet charge at the IFA consumer electronics show in Berlin on Thursday, hours after a San Francisco media event where an annual update of Apple’s iPod range is expected.
    In addition to the product's name, some additional specs have also surfaced about the Folio 100. Notebook Italia reports that Nvidia Tegra 2 technology will power the Android tablet, which will serve up 16GB of memory, wi-fi and 3G, along with a USB port and an HDMI port. The publication also "confirms" a 10.1 inch display, a 1 megapixel webcam, and seven hours of battery life per full charge. The device is widely anticipated to run Android 2.2.

Side by side with the grand unveiling of the Folio 100 will be Samsung's Galaxy Tab. While no release dates have been set for either tablet, IFA will all but certainly provide our first glimpse at the iPad rivals that, to put it modestly, have their work cut out for them. With better than 3 million iPads already in consumer hands, Apple has more than just a lock on the tablet market. For now, it runs the entire table. And capturing a respectable chunk of the market won't be an easy task - not even for industry heavyweights like Samsung and Toshiba. But it is possible. And the battle may begin sooner than we realize.

The Financial Times

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Michael Essany For This Useful Post:

cafini8ted (08-30-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone macsoldier's Avatar
    Thanks

yes!! finally let the battle begin and lets get a better iPad out on the market

iPhone? More like MyPhone Bluprint's Avatar
    Thanks

1 megapixel camera is a joke not to mention the android market is almost as funny.

Green Apple
    Thanks

agreed, competition will bring better product offerings at lower prices! win win!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bluprint View Post
    1 megapixel camera is a joke not to mention the android market is almost as funny.
    My god there is always one idiot.

at least it has one! and this can only mean one thing cheaper iPads or bloody better ones for the damn money £400+ here in the UK
    Apple are Control freaks we need to stop them before they take over the world!!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to rocky5 For This Useful Post:

SnowLeo (08-30-2010)

Thanks

^also note it is a 1 megapixel WEBCAM. As in front-facing video camera. I dont even think the front facing camera on the iphone 4 is 1 megapixel. On the Evo 4g though the front cam is pretty signifigent

VGA-quality photos and video at up to 30 frames per second with the front camera
    taken straight from apples specs for the iphone 4. VGA implies LESS THAN 1 MEGAPIXEL
    Last edited by SnowLeo; 08-30-2010 at 12:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rocky5 View Post
    My god there is always one idiot.

at least it has one! and this can only mean one thing cheaper iPads or bloody better ones for the damn money £400+ here in the UK
    Hey the iPad is not that expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluprint View Post

I agree with you on the market. Android is ways behind the app store. I'm not saying that it's the worst but it's not the best either. For my needs it lacks. Yes u get facebook and Twitter, etc. But games and some other random things it lacks a lot. The 1 megapixel camera well depends on the quality. I don't know if I'm correct but I know there's a htc phone and a motorola that have 8 megapixel camera and they are still not as good as the 5 from the iPhone 4. So depends on how good it is. Still we have to realize it's a front facing one. For web chat so no one can say it's really bad until we see the quality of that megapixel.
    Last edited by endwaro; 08-30-2010 at 12:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Can't wait for a really good window's based pad to come out. Just bought the ipad and love it. But competition is what makes people push the envelope. Would love apple to have to release things right off the bat instead of waiting till the second version to do what should be on the first.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I see Apple file a lawsuit, just wondering when.

Thanks

My Youtube/iph0ne27 review videos are based on these Android based tablets and also one with a front facing camera. Not all people can afford the ipad (including me)

ip3
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by endwaro View Post
    Hey the iPad is not that expensive.

I agree with you on the market. Android is ways behind the app store. I'm not saying that it's the worst but it's not the best either. For my needs it lacks. Yes u get facebook and Twitter, etc. But games and some other random things it lacks a lot. The 1 megapixel camera well depends on the quality. I don't know if I'm correct but I know there's a htc phone and a motorola that have 8 megapixel camera and they are still not as good as the 5 from the iPhone 4. So depends on how good it is. Still we have to realize it's a front facing one. For web chat so no one can say it's really bad until we see the quality of that megapixel.
    i agree, i just can't wait for my 64+gb wifi/3g wfi/3g wimax ipad with at least a 1.2-1.6ghz processor and at least 1gb of ram if not two ( this is not the iphone, if they want it to take charge they will need something that can handel many apps at once without crashing.. ) and idk about anyone els but i would like a built in vibrator similar to the iphone..
    yes i have 6 laptops and an iPhone 5s Space grey Tmobile, iPhone 5 LimeGreen AT&T, iPhone4S jailbroken unlocked FS, iPad mini 32gb jailbroken, and an iPad 3 Both FS click here, im an outlet whore what can i say...

***Update, I got a new MBA4,2 13" FS maxed options, I just ordered the new retina MBP 15" maxed out all features!
    I also run a tech news and tutorials blog.

Thanks

finally is right apple missed the boat on a lot of thing on the ipad. can not wait for the samsung one..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LoganKal View Post
    finally is right apple missed the boat on a lot of thing on the ipad. can not wait for the samsung one..
    Nope. They never.
    To live, you have to lie

Thanks

yes... i <3 toshiba

Thanks

Apple started it but it's good to see competition. Better machines and cheaper prices, hopefully.
    mod edit/link removed

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by redcard View Post
    Nope. They never.
    I disagree apple never missed out on anything. if they did then we wouldn't have all the apple products we have now running all the features they do... But if they did... Why would you think they miss out a few features?? Only to make the next one better by adding those other features... If apple went all out and added everything they could possibly think of on there new product. Then what would they have to offer on the next on coming product? This is just there's and everyone elses way of making money...

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 1shuttle1 View Post
    Can't wait for a really good window's based pad to come out. Just bought the ipad and love it. But competition is what makes people push the envelope. Would love apple to have to release things right off the bat instead of waiting till the second version to do what should be on the first.

OH, that joke made my day, ha ha ha ha ........... good one

Even if Microsuck had a ten year head start they still wouldn't have a properly working portable device. Windows mobile 6 was buggy rubbish and mobile 7, has anyone seen it yet? Where is it? Google make the better mobile os out of ALL of them, so far. When chrome is released microsuck had better get their skates on.

Thanks

^lol. The only purpose of a windows tablet is to hackintosh it and put mac OS X on it. But even doing that the tablet will run the operating system at slower than netbook speed.

The PalmPad with WebOS will be only thing that can be halfway decent when compared to the ipad. Scaled up crappy android java based bull will like **** on a tablet. Still love my 64 gb wifi-only ipad (:... Just wish i didnt have to pay $700 for it

Thanks

Zzzz...wake me up if it turns into an iPad killer.
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

Banned
    Thanks

Which is why we should avoid buying the first gen of any device. I believe apple had the setup for a camera on the ipad but the cameras were not in supply so apple dropped it to meet the (late) release date. It was rushed out, no doubt about it. It wasn't worth buying as it shipped.