Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
iPad Newsforums, a part of the
08-26-2010, 11:28 AM #1
iSuppli: iPad's Dominance Safe For A While
In recent months, we've heard a lot about (and similarly reported on) the influx of rival tablet computers that will soon reach consumers and challenge the iPad's dominance in the present vacuum that is the tablet marketplace. But no "iPad killer" of the sort will knock the iPad from its lofty perch - at least not for a while. According to the latest findings by the folks at iSuppli, "Even with a flood of rival products in the works, Apple Inc.’s iPad is unlikely to face a viable competitor until 2011, allowing the company to maintain a dominant share in the tablet market at least through 2012."
The iPad will account for an overwhelming 74.1 percent of global tablet shipments in 2010, with the remaining 25.9 percent consisting of a mix of older PC-type tablet products and competitive slates, the report finds. Not withstanding the competition that lurks on the horizon, iSuppli proposes that Apple (with the iPad) will still hold on to an impressive 70.4 percent market share in 2011 and 61.7 percent of the market in 2012.
Another factor that the iSuppli report largely doesn't take into account is the rejuvenated sales Apple could see with subsequent versions and updates to the iPad. Amidst a marketplace that will soon be teeming with tablets (some sophisticated, most cheap iPad knock-offs), the iPad has already become so deeply ingrained in the tablet community, that it is incredibly difficult to fathom a similar product ruling the tablet space any time soon.
“Although the iPad has been on the market for only a few months, powerful interests throughout the technology business are devoting enormous resources to challenge and topple Apple’s domination in this fast-growing marketplace,” said Rhoda Alexander, director of monitor research at iSuppli. “However, if recent history is any lesson, it will take some time for these companies to get their products to market, longer for them to offer necessary software support and infrastructure, and an even lengthier period to begin to rival the overall user experience Apple is able to deliver.”
08-26-2010, 11:59 AM #2
Still don't care for an iPad. Rather have Notebook or Netbook where I can do more than this thing.
08-26-2010, 12:28 PM #3
I don't care for it either. Not saying it's bad, just don't need one.
08-26-2010, 12:56 PM #4
Still not worth getting because I just bought a laptop that's faster and does more than this thing ever will. If it ever does what my laptop can it'll be called a MacBook not an iPad...
The Following User Says Thank You to havoc0351 For This Useful Post:
08-26-2010, 01:56 PM #5
i have an ipad and use it every day
08-26-2010, 02:07 PM #6
I love my ipad now, can't wait for the next ipad2 from apple lol.
08-26-2010, 02:41 PM #7
ipad = way better then netbook
08-26-2010, 02:45 PM #8
The Following User Says Thank You to mohaas05 For This Useful Post:
08-26-2010, 03:18 PM #9
im still holding out for the next iPad, this just frustrates me. Due to the lack of competition and popularity Apple isn't going to change anything on it for awhile.
08-26-2010, 07:13 PM #10
I use my iPad every single day and night.
Can't wait for the new one next year.
08-27-2010, 06:10 AM #11
So, what exactly does the ipad do that my iPhone doesn't?
08-27-2010, 09:16 AM #12
My brother has a amazon kindle reader. I was envy of his gadget. But now I have bought a ipad , and now, he is envy of me... Please suggest me from where to get ipad skins ? Is Decalskin.com: iPad skins, Cell Phone skins, EEE PC Skins, Laptop skins, and Game System skins a good place ?
08-27-2010, 06:36 PM #13