+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SwirlyMMS Now Available For iPad 3G

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Swirly MMS is a great app but pretty much useless if you don't plan on keeping your device. None of their licenses are device transferable. It's ridiculous. All other apps
    My iPhone is a Part of Me hollow0's Avatar
    Thanks

Swirly MMS is a great app but pretty much useless if you don't plan on keeping your device. None of their licenses are device transferable. It's ridiculous. All other apps when purchased can be used on any other device as long as it's registered. But nope not Swirly.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by definitive View Post
    Like as ini through your mobile#??? If I can get texts people send to my mobile # it's worth the 12$. Other than that it's whatever.

Weird this would be on the news page yet no one really knows anything about it...

D
    agreed! someone answer this question and confirm it!! plus how would you text if iPad plan don't allow additional text plan???

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

definitive and nnguyen04:

What this application does is pretty much be an iPad equivalent of the iPhone's Messages app. By that I mean it uses your carrier/cell phone SIM & non-iPad-only plan to SMS or MMS to other cell phones and devices. It is useless on a WiFi-only iPad.

This is primarily for people who are not using the official iPad plans on their iPads. For example people who are SIM-swapping between their iPhone and their iPad, or anyone using a SIM provisioned for SMS/MMS.

That said, I think $12 is way too expensive for an app like this. BiteSMS is looking into making a compatible version of their app that should work the same way, and they should still be free via ads. Add in the 'not device transferable' comment, and there's two reasons people should wait for a better/cheaper solution.

Now once people figure out how to do actual cell phone calls on iPads, that'll be interesting. That app might be worth a good amount of money. iPad is now a full featured large-screen iPhone. Ha
    Member of the hackint0sh forums.
    HowardForums Member: Haas_Dave

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I bought the app today on cydia. only can receive and send normal text sms. MMs send and receive doesnot work. Waste of 12 usd.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nnguyen04 View Post
    agreed! someone answer this question and confirm it!! plus how would you text if iPad plan don't allow additional text plan???
    I take the sim from my iPhone 4. Come on guy, it's not rocket science. Or I can get a number added to my family plan for 10 bucks a month with unlimited text on it. No Internet and send text from it and tether with mywi for Internet. I can even add Internet for 30 bucks. So 40 bucks for Internet and text, just tell them it's for an iPhone 4 and they will give me a sim for the iPad and I'll be hooked up.

Quote Originally Posted by aniel1 View Post
    I bought the app today on cydia. only can receive and send normal text sms. MMs send and receive doesnot work. Waste of 12 usd.
    You probably didn't configure the mms server for AT&T. Use your head man. They put a walk through up on their site. Did you even read about the software first? They showed pictures of them configuring the mms server... Damn dude, there are pictures in this thread about it lol

Quote Originally Posted by delusion950 View Post
    TextNow on app store does about the same thing for .99
    Textnow shows a text coming from an email address. That sh1t is ghetto, lol. It by no means the same thing. This sends natively through your carrier, with your phone number.
    Last edited by delic13; 08-19-2010 at 09:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by delic13 View Post
    I take the sim from my iPhone 4. Come on guy, it's not rocket science. Or I can get a number added to my family plan for 10 bucks a month with unlimited text on it. No Internet and send text from it and tether with mywi for Internet. I can even add Internet for 30 bucks. So 40 bucks for Internet and text, just tell them it's for an iPhone 4 and they will give me a sim for the iPad and I'll be hooked up.

You probably didn't configure the mms server for AT&T. Use your head man. They put a walk through up on their site. Did you even read about the software first? They showed pictures of them configuring the mms server... Damn dude, there are pictures in this thread about it lol

Textnow shows a text coming from an email address. That sh1t is ghetto, lol. It by no means the same thing. This sends natively through your carrier, with your phone number.
    Sorry for not mentioning earlier Iam not on AT&T I am located on Vodafone India.I solved my issue. all is working well.
    Last edited by aniel1; 08-21-2010 at 06:24 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me tudtran's Avatar
    Thanks

That is crazy. What is next? FaceTime on the iPad?

Thanks
    Will this work if I tether to my iPad wifi from my iPhone 4?
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge"
    -Einstein

Banned
    Thanks

Text+ is for USA only, SwirlyMMS for iPad3G is worldwide.

And Apple still say you cant send SMS/MMS on iPad. LOL

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12