Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: PC World: iPad 2 to Launch Before End of 2010

Quote Originally Posted by M4tt Dam0n View Post
    So now we need a device between the iPad and an iPod touch? Seriously this is BS. And guess what, all the apple fanboys will buy that crap. I'll stick with my iPhone 4 that fits in my pocket and does everything AND MORE than the other touch screen devices.
    Ya who would buy that crap! Oh ya a fanboy like me, give me 2 please!!!!!

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PanayiotisN View Post
    Why aren't they fixing iphone 4?
    I'm sure they have fixed the iPhone 4 antenna problem, I got mine on Friday last week and the "death grip" doesn't affect my signal at all whereas my friend who got his iPhone 4 on launch day has the death grip issue and we're both on O2-UK. Apple demo units have the antenna problem aswell, mines doesn't
    So I can only presume Apple have fixed it and there were confirmations from other people before aswell so...

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

I love the iPad just the size it is.... I take mine every where I go... as for a smaller one? Well Apple might make a smaller one but I doubt it. I think they will concentrate on making the iPad better and better...

"Always remember your special and unique!"

^ I agree, the size is great. If they're gonna make a smaller one they will definatly keep this size
    Quote Originally Posted by MetallicaFan1991 View Post
    I'm sure they have fixed the iPhone 4 antenna problem, I got mine on Friday last week and the "death grip" doesn't affect my signal at all whereas my friend who got his iPhone 4 on launch day has the death grip issue and we're both on O2-UK. Apple demo units have the antenna problem aswell, mines doesn't
    So I can only presume Apple have fixed it and there were confirmations from other people before aswell so...
    I actually don't think they have fixed it yet. In Canada we have huge shortages and many newspapers are reporting that this is because apple is slowing production as they fix the problem, but you never know

When the first iPad came out I actually thought it might be a little too small. After playing around with iPads and some 7" tablets, I REALLY hope they do the 7" iPad. For my purposes, the big one is just too big and cumbersome. I was on a flight with a co-worker not too long ago and watching him fumble with his iPad trying to watch a movie was comedy.

all sounds like bull to me.
    a smaller ipad ? get a ipod...

a front facing camera for maybe future possibility of facetime on the ipad would be my first pick they are going for on a new ipad.
    and a new ipad so soon while it either just launched in some countries or still even need to be released.

I think we will not see a new ipad anytime soon and certainly not a smaller one.
    The next one will probbly be like almost any i device same size newer features more and faster possibilities.
    and maybe thinner and lighter if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by southfrisco View Post
    Why make it smaller and mess with battery life? If you want something that weights less just wait. I am sure Apple will try to give the second gen iPad a little less junk in the trunk.
    http://guide-images.ifixit.net/igi/j...oGMfcUka.large
    7" isn't beyond the realm of possibility without changing the battery. Smaller display should use less juice so you would get more battery life.

Quote Originally Posted by 6309phone View Post
    What I want is a larger iPad, not a smaller one!!!! I want the display to be the same size as a letter sized page.
    I second that motion! But Euro-folks might want something A4 sized
    I don't know who thinks something 7" is better for reading because that seems to small for me. If the iPad were bigger, I'd have teh perfect eNewspaper reader (I still think something like PressReader is going to save the newspaper industry.)

Quote Originally Posted by westerman View Post
    I think Ipads are the worst investment ever might as well get a Mac or if u want something like the iPad with more feature get the iphone lol
    Au contraire: the iPad is large enough in format to enjoy multimedia yet not so large as to affect its portability; casual web browsing is enjoyable as compared to something smaller like an iPhone and again not bulky like a laptop and more visual real estate than a netbook. A majority of 'connected' activity is predominantly 'output' oriented and if you need a keyboard, BT is there. I can take my iPad and keyboard on the road and do most of my work from that. It's not the perfect portable, but it's shaved about 30% utilization off my laptop, desktop and even iPhone use. When we get stuck in a line somewhere, the iPad comes outta my wife's purse and the entertainment begins.

Livin the iPhone Life Bluemoldycheeze88's Avatar
    Thanks

Im still gonna wait for the one with a Front/Rear Camera's and of course retina display.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Bluemoldycheeze88 For This Useful Post:

quidam_brujah (08-19-2010)

Perfect size for my car

I bought a mini iPad 2 years ago. It is called an iPod.

Quote Originally Posted by thetjshow View Post
    mini ipad??? why??

iPhone? More like MyPhone hopethemodworx's Avatar
    Thanks

I highly doubt the Ipad 2 will be a huge step forward. I'm waiting for the Blackberry Tablet which has a better processor and screen with real HD video playback. The cameras are nice too. Altogether, it looks a lot better than the over rated Ipad. Apple needs to get with Flash!

I guess Apple is possibly trying to compete with the upcoming Blackberry Playbook? Same 7in screen?
    Plus there was rumor the iPad mini looks like an over sized iPhone 4.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123