+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: PC World: iPad 2 to Launch Before End of 2010

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Not gonna happen. Next iPad revision will come out a year after the U.S launch of the first gen iPad.....and still be gimped....fact. Also, I wouldn't trust PC World in
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Not gonna happen.
    Next iPad revision will come out a year after the U.S launch of the first gen iPad.....and still be gimped....fact.
    Also, I wouldn't trust PC World in a million years as a trustworthy source, let alone have accurate rumors.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to feidhlim1986 For This Useful Post:

cartman13 (08-19-2010)

Thanks
    Mini iPad ?? I think it's called an iPhone.

"The Chuck Bass of Theming" k.nitsua's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,214 Times in 2,596 Posts

Other competitors are pushing their 7-inch tablets. It's smart for Apple to continue their dominance of the tablet market and come out with a 7-inch tablet to sway those who don't want something as big as an iPad but not something as micro as the iPhone.

A 7-inch tablet is about the size I would like. I love the iPad, but I haven't purchased one yet. One reason is because you should NEVER buy the first generation of something from Apple unless you have money to blow, and the second reason is something that big does not seem THAT practical to me when I already own a laptop and a netbook.

Now, the iPad will NEVER replace my laptop (Sony Vaio) - as both those products would be competiting for space in my bag. However, a 7-inch iPad would DEFINITELY replace my netbook (Nokia Booklet 3G) as a majority of the tasks I do on my netbook could easily be done on an iPad. Honestly, the stuff I do on my netbook could also be done on my iPhone 4 but the micro size makes it impractical for real document editing, etc.

I guess, what it comes down to is this. A 7-inch iPad would be a direct competitor not only to the foray of 7-inch tablets that would be coming out by the end of the year and next, but would also, nearly single handedly, decimate an already weak netbook market.

Just my two cents.
    #eli7e revived me

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

why apple? why?.

Thanks

biggest custmer-apple fanboy/girl that buys ANYTHING apple epic win/fail all the time.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This would certianly replace my netbook. Just put a damn phone in it and I would pay up to $800 in a heartbeat.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Compared to the ipad, IMO a 7inch screen is a much more portable and convenient. (and twice the size of an iphone, I find that the perfect e-bookreader size) the ipad is a nice, but too large. I'd rather use/carry a netbook with me.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to reprazent1 For This Useful Post:

k.nitsua (08-17-2010)

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Highly unlikely. iPad 2 will be the same size.

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

My iPhone is a Part of Me tudtran's Avatar
    Thanks

If the price for this smaller iPad is around $200-300, I think it will be a huge hit for Christmas.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MetallicaFan1991 View Post
    Highly unlikely. iPad 2 will be the same size.
    I believe they are just fragmenting the iPad line-up to two separate iPads - the original and the 7-inch.

Quote Originally Posted by feidhlim1986 View Post
    Not gonna happen.
    Next iPad revision will come out a year after the U.S launch of the first gen iPad.....and still be gimped....fact.
    Also, I wouldn't trust PC World in a million years as a trustworthy source, let alone have accurate rumors.
    The direct source isn't PC World. It's the taiwanese company that FIRST broke the news of the original iPad when the rest of the world was saying it wasn't going to happen.
    Last edited by k.nitsua; 08-17-2010 at 01:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    #eli7e revived me

Green Apple
    Thanks

What I want is a larger iPad, not a smaller one!!!! I want the display to be the same size as a letter sized page.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I like the size of the current ipad

But I can see Apple making a 7 inch ipad to to gain even more market share and make it harder for the new comers to sell their versions.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

The iPad has not even made it through it's first Holiday season. It has been around for 4 months and you still can't just walk in to a store and pick one up right off the shelf (unless your at the right best buy at the right time).
    The demand is still hot and will be hotter during Xmas. Why does Apple see the need to release another iPad, there's no need.
    And not to mention with the alleged iPod with camera.
    Doesn't sound like it would make much sense.

Thanks

I'm holding out for retina display.
    Sydney, Australia
    If you received help, click on the Thanks button!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by k.nitsua View Post
    Other competitors are pushing their 7-inch tablets. It's smart for Apple to continue their dominance of the tablet market and come out with a 7-inch tablet to sway those who don't want something as big as an iPad but not something as micro as the iPhone.
    Since when has Apple ever swayed to other company offerings? As far as I can see all these devices coming out now are a specific response to what Apple has packaged together and sold. Keep in mind I am NOT saying Apple was the first to do this. I am saying they have become the first to successfully sell them to a mass audience.

iPhone came and then all other manufacturers started in with their own touch screen phones. iPhone has stayed at the 3.5 inch screen size. Other manufacturers are now trying bigger screen sizes to compete. Has Apple changed the iPhone screen size from 3.5 inches based on consumer demand? No. They change the resolution but keep the screen size.

iPad comes out at 9.7 inches for the screen. Now all these other companies are jumping on the bandwagon and trying everything. 5 inches. 7 inches. 16:9 screens. Will Apple go smaller to compete and sacrifice some battery life? Why do that when they are outselling everyone?

Apple makes what they make and the market reacts. Apple is not reactionary at this time. I do not see a 7 inch iPad in the near future. I do see a front facing camera though .

EDIT: I want to add Apple has probably done tons of testing to come up with 3.5 and 9.7 inches as preferred screen sizes for a phone/touch device and a tablet. I don't see them changing that so soon after an initial product release.
    Last edited by southfrisco; 08-17-2010 at 04:21 PM.
    "To unpathed waters, undreamed shores." -- William Shakespeare

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by southfrisco View Post
    Since when has Apple ever swayed to other company offerings? As far as I can see all these devices coming out now are a specific response to what Apple has packaged together and sold. Keep in mind I am NOT saying Apple was the first to do this. I am saying they have become the first to successfully sell them to a mass audience.

iPhone came and then all other manufacturers started in with their own touch screen phones. iPhone has stayed at the 3.5 inch screen size. Other manufacturers are now trying bigger screen sizes to compete. Has Apple changed the iPhone screen size from 3.5 inches based on consumer demand? No. They change the resolution but keep the screen size.

iPad comes out at 9.7 inches for the screen. Now all these other companies are jumping on the bandwagon and trying everything. 5 inches. 7 inches. 16:9 screens. Will Apple go smaller to compete and sacrifice some battery life? Why do that when they are outselling everyone?

Apple makes what they make and the market reacts. Apple is not reactionary at this time. I do not see a 7 inch iPad in the near future. I do see a front facing camera though .

EDIT: I want to add Apple has probably done tons of testing to come up with 3.5 and 9.7 inches as preferred screen sizes for a phone/touch device and a tablet. I don't see them changing that so soon after an initial product release.
    Good point.
    #eli7e revived me

Thanks

Why aren't they fixing iphone 4? Come with another iphone 4 model wich is better according to reception issues! That would have sold many copies! Not mini iPad! God Apple what are you doing? You have customers here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,865 Times in 2,205 Posts

I think Ipads are the worst investment ever might as well get a Mac or if u want something like the iPad with more feature get the iphone lol

Thanks
    Thanked 1,139 Times in 889 Posts

May be the worst investment in your opinion but others are happy with it. To each his own.

Personally I like the iPad and my GF likes it alot. It is just simple and compact.

There are many things that people buy that other's consider a waste of money. If you got the money and like it then it was worth it. If you got the money and don't like it then don't buy it.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Cer0 For This Useful Post:

thetoothfairy (08-17-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Let me know when the iPad shuffle is released