+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 41

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Hugh Hefner Takes Aim at Steve Jobs Over Censored iPad App

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Just one more example of us i(whatever) owners not being able to do what we want with our idevices. Come on live in the times we are in Jobs. I
...
  1. #21
    Green Apple jasonleebob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Adams
    Posts
    33
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Just one more example of us i(whatever) owners not being able to do what we want with our idevices. Come on live in the times we are in Jobs. I don't even like Playboy but damn charge me hundreds of dollars for your product and then tell me what i can and cannot do with it. WTF? Playboy in my opinion is no where near pornographic anyway more like nude modeling. Hell you could go into a museum and see way more nudity, but there's an adult only sign above those exibits right?

    Whats next an iOS update that blocks all explicit content from being viewed in safari? Or no syncing pornographic material to your iTunes?
    Last edited by jasonleebob; 08-14-2010 at 09:58 AM.

  2. #22
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    297
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 19 Times in 14 Posts

    This is ****ing ridiculous. The app store and Ipad have parental controls, so there's no reason any app should be censored unless it's going into the all ages category.

    For some reason, Apple doesn't seem to even care about the rating system being used correctly; I've seen all kind of apps wrongly listed as "adult" when they aren't (including Mozilla's bookmark manager where it looks like whoever submitted it accidentally pressed the "check all" button in the parental controls section).

    Apple should start enforcing the correct use of its age restriction descriptors for apps, instead of retardedly blocking apps that actually need them as an excuse for their laziness.

  3. #23
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,110
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 94 Times in 66 Posts

    Moves like this from Jobs do nothing but fuel the desire for more and more people to jailbreak. Pretty much everything that Apple refuses to put up on their App Store will somehow end up on Cydia sooner or later.

    Keep it up Steve. You're just helping the JB community. We should all be thanking you. Thank you! Now go masturbate!

  4. #24
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    56
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    I think it was a great decision from jobs.

    If you want to see a naked woman get a girlfriend you losers!

  5. #25
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    48
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 12 Times in 4 Posts

    I'm kinda tired of this "Waaah waaah waaah, Apple won't let me release my app" (word for behaving like a female dog) and moaning from developers. Because if they really gave a crap about being censored/restricted, they'd port it over to Android and call it a day. But no, it's about using Apple's policies to get some free publicity, then they revise their app, resubmit it and watch the cash come rolling in from all their free press.

    It's also ironic that a site reporting on Apple's censorship has a profanity filter which blocks words allowed on prime time network TV.
    Last edited by gotanmp3; 08-14-2010 at 11:01 AM. Reason: Lame butt profanity filter :-P

  6. #26
    iPhone? More like MyPhone law111's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Redlands
    Posts
    190
    Thanks
    25
    Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by ShredNasty View Post
    And? Let's make the world kid proof. Especially the interwebz. Steeeeve Jobs! F*CK YEAH! COMIN AGAIN TO SAVE THE MUTHAF*CKIN DAY, YEAH! In other news, congressman _________ (R) has been having an anal affair with his 19 year old male intern. <------KID PROOF!
    No need to exaggerate things, but we should look out and protect the ones who are going to be running things in the future... I mean do something... Don't just add to everything out there
    iPhone Firmware - 4.1
    Service - AT&T
    Device - iPhone 4 BLACK 16GB

  7. #27
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    121
    Thanks
    81
    Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts

    Why does everyone say if the app can't be on appstore, make it on cydia!
    Don't you realize if a large company does that it's going to ruin their reputation in the business world?
    instead do what google does, release open sources for everything so hackers can then improve them and post them on cydia!

  8. #28
    iPhone? More like MyPhone giancarlo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    164
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 8 Times in 5 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by steve-z17 View Post
    If you don't like it Hugh go somewhere else, whining about it isn't going to do you any good. I think Jobs made the right decision as far as that stuff goes.
    How can you say that? Is the iPad a Nintendo DS that little kids play with? No, let's be honest....majority of iPad owners are over 17 I would say. To say that the app wasn't approved because of minor audiences is honestly stupid and pretty lame. Kid's with iPod touches are going to redtube, pornhub and several other mobile porn websites like theres not tomorrow. Plus, aren't there app store parental controls and iphone parental controls? It's like its snuff magazine or anything but honestly a pretty decent nude magazine. If it's a company image thing where apple doesn't want nude magazine in their app store.....might as well get rid of all the WEED HARVESTING apps since it's illegal unless your licensed and in a state that allows medicinal marijuana. This doesn't mean anything to me because google satisfies....but I just read some comments in here about the censorship and I honestly feel like the US is becoming one big vagina....

  9. #29
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    17
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    The iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch all come with the best app for viewing porn images right out of the box without a jailbreak. It's called Safari. Enjoy, pornsters.

  10. #30
    iPhone? More like MyPhone High_Voltage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    133
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 10 Times in 8 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Essany View Post



    While Hefner may be displeased with the aggressive censoring of his publication on the iPad, few others are surprised by Apple's decision to enforce the company's well-known and well-documented strict policies governing the availability of content that raises eyebrows.


    Twitter
    I'm guessing Steve's Eyes widened when he saw how much Hugh offered for him to post his app 0.0

  11. #31
    MMI's Official Devil Dog santacruzlocal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    SC California
    Posts
    620
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 45 Times in 37 Posts

    I read playboy for the articles, I look at Hustler for the pictures

  12. #32
    iPhone? More like MyPhone badass1469's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    199
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 27 Times in 15 Posts

    put hef and jobs in the ring, let em go 9 rounds =]
    damn drug dealers, and there jailbroken iPhones... ____ Hit the thanks if you think i suck

  13. #33
    Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    2,224
    Thanks
    91
    Thanked 141 Times in 121 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by giancarlo View Post
    How can you say that? Is the iPad a Nintendo DS that little kids play with? No, let's be honest....majority of iPad owners are over 17 I would say. To say that the app wasn't approved because of minor audiences is honestly stupid and pretty lame. Kid's with iPod touches are going to redtube, pornhub and several other mobile porn websites like theres not tomorrow. Plus, aren't there app store parental controls and iphone parental controls? It's like its snuff magazine or anything but honestly a pretty decent nude magazine. If it's a company image thing where apple doesn't want nude magazine in their app store.....might as well get rid of all the WEED HARVESTING apps since it's illegal unless your licensed and in a state that allows medicinal marijuana. This doesn't mean anything to me because google satisfies....but I just read some comments in here about the censorship and I honestly feel like the US is becoming one big vagina....
    Do you honestly love porn so much that you'll get upset that you can't access it from the App Store? It's free online! Apple has the right to say no and I personally think its a good decision. People get addicted to porn all the time, it's like a drug, and it ruins lives. If Apple doesn't want to be a part of that, if they'd rather be a solution then good for them.

  14. #34
    Go Giants whereswaldo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,382
    Thanks
    187
    Thanked 359 Times in 257 Posts

    ^ yes

  15. #35
    My iPhone is a Part of Me lightmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    589
    Thanks
    174
    Thanked 165 Times in 112 Posts

    Personally I don't care one way or the other about having porn or Playboy in the AppStore, what I'm upset about is Apple's severe censorship and use (or lack of use) of the parental controls. You should be able to put anything in the AppStore, even porn, as long as it has a warning on it warning that there is inappropriate or profane content inside it.
    "In computer networking, a Media Access Control address (MAC address) is a unique identifier assigned to most network adapters or network interface cards (NICs) by the manufacturer for identification, and used in the Media Access Control protocol sub-layer." (1)

    "The Macintosh, or Mac, is a series of several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc." (2)



  16. The Following User Says Thank You to lightmaster For This Useful Post:

    farfromovin (08-15-2010)

  17. #36
    Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    1,582
    Thanks
    188
    Thanked 111 Times in 94 Posts

    I want a Playboy app with hot naked chics

    MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

  18. #37
    Livin the iPhone Life Bluemoldycheeze88's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ventura, California, United States
    Posts
    596
    Thanks
    33
    Thanked 27 Times in 26 Posts

    There need's to be a porn app on the iphone and ipad..

  19. #38
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In the shadows
    Posts
    798
    Thanks
    120
    Thanked 74 Times in 47 Posts

    STEVE JOBS IS G@Y!!!

    Thats the only reason why Playboy is censored on the iPhone.
    I've never met a straight man that would censor Playboy.

    Quote Originally Posted by SMokemyPole88 View Post
    There need's to be a porn app on the iphone and ipad..
    iSteamy on Cydia.
    Last edited by NakedFaerie; 08-22-2010 at 12:23 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  20. #39
    Go Giants whereswaldo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,382
    Thanks
    187
    Thanked 359 Times in 257 Posts

    ^ have you ever thought that he's just putting others before himself. The iphone has practically no parent controls and the app store has none. Do you know how easy that would make it for kids to get the porn? That's why

  21. #40
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    35
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    you'll never see playboy nudes or porn on the apple devices other than viewing via safari/etc... too public of a company to allow it. hustler app for iPhone would rock though.

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts