+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: US iPad Data Plans Higher Than Most Carriers

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Are we paying too much for our data plan? The iPad data plans appears to be more than most carriers across the globe. With AT&T's latest data plans US customers
    Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

Default US iPad Data Plans Higher Than Most Carriers
    Are we paying too much for our data plan? The iPad data plans appears to be more than most carriers across the globe. With AT&T's latest data plans US customers pay $12.50/GB to use data on AT&T's 3G network.

According to a company that has compared monthly data plans for the magical Apple device across different wireless carriers worldwide - we're being ripped off in how much they are charging us for data.

I found it quite interesting out of 35 total carriers, only five charge more per GB than AT&T. I guess we're still lucky - just think, if we lived in France they have to pay $25.47/GB Ouch! In Singapore you could get a GB for 51 cents!

Tableau Software state American users pay some of the highest prices in terms of dollars per GB.

I have unlimited data on my iPad and pay the $30.00 per month but would not have it any other way.

AT&T charges more for iPad data plans than most carriers | MacNN

US in top 6 for data plan costs on iPad - SlipperyBrick.com

Chart and visualization: Tableau Software

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

i have a much more reasonable data plan now that my phone is jailbroken.

Thanks

Harsh. That's all I'm Going to say
    Last edited by thetoothfairy; 08-03-2010 at 10:16 PM. Reason: test

iPhone? More like MyPhone sandstorm77's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm happy to pay my $30 a month for unlimited Data!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Thank god for mywi.

iPhone? More like MyPhone macsoldier's Avatar
    Thanks

yea id say these prices are a little seep if you add in iphone Bill X 2 with Ipad

Thanks

The reason why Hong Kong and Singapore are so low is that those "countries" are really just cities. Meaning that carriers need much less stores and cell towers, so they can charge less. I find it interesting how they only show one Canadian carrier, anyone know why?

I also find it interesting how the Dutch Vodafone has one of the highest prices, but the German one has one of the lowest
    Last edited by whereswaldo; 08-03-2010 at 01:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Singapore FTW!
    iPhone 4 32gb
    MacBook Pro 2.63 ghz
    Apple TV
    Time Capsule
    PSN: MarkFaulken

My iPhone is a Part of Me kuhndsn's Avatar
    Thanks

WHAT!?!? This is way off. And a bit exaggerated I have a germany plan and pay 25 euro a month for 5gb with o2 blue L. Add the exchange rate, 19% vat and that's $38.00 (got plenty of bills to prove it additionally the link is below) I seen this and about called o2 and requested a refund. To my surprise I got "that price is impossible". O2 has three rates 200mb for 10 euro. 15 euro for 1 gig. And 25 euro for 5 gig.

This article seems to want to stir up more hate. Fine, and also fine to want prices lowered I'm down. But don't lie about it.

Apple iPadô WiFi + 3G mit dem o2 Blue Datentarif
    Last edited by kuhndsn; 08-03-2010 at 01:32 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me delusion950's Avatar
    Thanks

nothing new when it comes to Data in the US. US carriers are becoming the same as Europe rip people off and thats the bottom line. And those that pay $30 a month are lucky unlike newbies to ATT we get harsh punishment willingly. Sad

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Well too bad AT&T doesn't give a sh*t about what other countries are charging. As long as the dollars keep rolling in they are fat and happy and won't do a damn thing to change it. And for those who think data prices will drop when the iPhone is released to other carriers....psshh....keep dreaming.

So........moving on.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kuhndsn View Post
    WHAT!?!? This is way off. And a bit exaggerated I have a germany plan and pay 25 euro a month for 5gb with o2 blue L. Add the exchange rate, 19% vat and that's $38.00 (got plenty of bills to prove it additionally the link is below) I seen this and about called o2 and requested a refund. To my surprise I got "that price is impossible". O2 has three rates 200mb for 10 euro. 15 euro for 1 gig. And 25 euro for 5 gig.

This article seems to want to stir up more hate. Fine, and also fine to want prices lowered I'm down. But don't lie about it.

Apple iPadô WiFi + 3G mit dem o2 Blue Datentarif
    THIS NEWS LINK IS FALSE!!! Needs to be removed the prices are false just checked other carrier sites as well. Got me all pissed off over my European contracts for nothing! Yup still paying far more than here in the US.

CRAP!

Quote Originally Posted by RICO_ View Post
    Well too bad AT&T doesn't give a sh*t about what other countries are charging. As long as the dollars keep rolling in they are fat and happy and won't do a damn thing to change it. And for those who think data prices will drop when the iPhone is released to other carriers....psshh....keep
    dreaming.

So........moving on.
    Exactlly only problem is that this post is all false. Caused me to contact moy carriers in Europe to find out why I was paying more than should be. To my embarrassment they sent me their link to the real prices and assured me the hype posted is totally false. About $37 off what is posted on this site. Shoot I wish my bill was only a buck and change for a gig. At least the guy had a since of humor stating "if you scroll down on the site with the price you will see a link to area 51 and pictures of Elvis in an alien suit". Lol
    Last edited by kuhndsn; 08-03-2010 at 01:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

anyone know how much ipads and iphone 4s r in singapore?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    real ones or fakes

Thanks

THIS NEWS LINK IS FALSE!!! Needs to be removed the prices are false just checked other carrier sites as well. Got me all ****** off over my European contracts for nothing! Yup still paying far more than here in the US.

CRAP!

Exactlly only problem is that this post is all false. Caused me to contact moy carriers in Europe to find out why I was paying more than should be. To my embarrassment they sent me their link to the real prices and assured me the hype posted is totally false. About $37 off what is posted on this site. Shoot I wish my bill was only a buck and change for a gig. At least the guy had a since of humor stating "if you scroll down on the site with the price you will see a link to area 51 and pictures of Elvis in an alien suit". Lol
    Thanks for contacting your carrier and letting us know what they said. Other sites have posted articles like this also! I have included the link for your convience.

By the way I have no hate towards AT&T Anyone would like a discount but I happy with the data plans I pay for.
    Last edited by thetoothfairy; 08-03-2010 at 02:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

"Always remember your special and unique!"

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

nothing that mywi & unlimited data plan can't fix hahahahahahaha.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thetoothfairy View Post
    Thanks for contacting your carrier and letting us know what they said. Other sites have posted articles like this also! I have included the link for your convience.

By the way I have no hate towards AT&T Anyone would like a discount but I happy with the data plans I pay for.
    Didn't say you had hate. Not trying to pick a fight. Just stating the fact that these prices quoted are way false. The main problem or plus of the Internet is anyone can post news. The problem is one post a news brief and alot of people copy, spread it with it's belief that it is fact. The cliche of "well they have posted it too doesn't add anymore truth to the matter. MMI.com has a huge following and a plethora of great info. But if news that is reported keeps getting urban legend style with no "we have not verified it's accuracy" people can tend to believe and follow false information.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Well, the US is fortunate in many other things... The prices are hardly unreasonable even for AT&T standards. Plus, other places just aren't as demanding as the US in terms of internet mobility. And the US hacks everything.

Thanks

Didn't say you had hate. Not trying to pick a fight. Just stating the fact that these prices quoted are way false. The main problem or plus of the Internet is anyone can post news. The problem is one post a news brief and alot of people copy, spread it with it's belief that it is fact. The cliche of "well they have posted it too doesn't add anymore truth to the matter. MMI.com has a huge following and a plethora of great info. But if news that is reported keeps getting urban legend style with no "we have not verified it's accuracy" people can tend to believe and follow false information.
    I know you are not trying to pick a fight... And I am not the type to take the time to fight anyway... fighting is not a polite thing to do.

The main thing about this topic was that the US pays more for data then five places across the globe and I found that interesting....
    Last edited by thetoothfairy; 08-03-2010 at 07:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

"Always remember your special and unique!"

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

In Cyprus MTN charges 39.27 euros for 5GB. So thats about $51.88 for 5GB per month.
    MTN Cyprus : 3G Pricing