+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Bloomberg: RIM to Launch iPad Rival Tablet in November

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
they should call it the blueberry
    Thanks

they should call it the blueberry

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kuhndsn View Post
    Oh and APPLE if your listening how about a magnetic Charger/cable and built in Induction plate for the next gen iPhones, MBP and ipads?
    Once Apple figures out how to sync through a port such as what you mentioned then I have no doubt we'll see one. Otherwise it would create a 2nd conector that Apple is trying to avoid doing for spacial and aesthetic purposes.

Oh yeah, and you suck Messany.

Thanks

The only way Apple will step up their products is IF they have something to compete with, so IMO this could end up being a very good thing for the Apple user
    - Hillsdale

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

My only problem with people calling everything a ripoff is that a tablet computer was not even Apple's idea. Oh wait, let's go back and visit the MP3 player market. I seem to remember MP3 players well BEFORE the iPod line was launched. We have had tablet PCs for over a decade before iPad was even a thought. Apple made it touch-based, thinner, and lighter, but the concept is the same. I don't see how taking Apple's ideas one step further is any better/worse? I mean regarding the iPad, didn't Apple say they wanted to make the tablet PC "better"? Effectively, that is what we have with the iPad, is it not? What's so wrong with another company saying "we want to make a tablet BETTER than the iPad"? I will add that with RIM's recent track record it probably won't actually be better, but if that is the goal at hand who are we to fault them. I think people get lost in Apple's own words like "innovative". A bunch of you are drones trained to believe the only innovation is what Apple puts out when, frankly, most of their innovation is simple improvements on products that you then turn around and say is a cheap move for another company to do...

oh, and will this be as terrible as the storm was?

Quote Originally Posted by kuhndsn View Post
    ^ exactly. Might as well buy on the black-market Anymore companies seem to be riding apple for innovation. Getting a little rediculas really... I mean the whole reason why I switched to a macpro last month was because of crap like this. To boot the Sony high end laptop with win 7 that I bought was just crap. 2K for a machine that was less quality than the macro I bought to replace this horrible purchase. Tired of the status quo and sub par hardware (plastic at best). Apple also won me over a few yrs in the mp3 market. I'm no apple fan boy and always consider other products. But come on it seems like everything has gone APPLE and everything else to buy is a clone that doesn't work as well. I hope for us consumers that a company decides to step up and give Apple a true run for their money and not some half a** ikiller...
    I don't see how anything you just said is true at all in the computer world, but to each his own (ignorance) I guess.
    Last edited by sziklassy; 07-30-2010 at 05:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Banned
    Thanks

Now if Apple made a teleportation machine, and then all the others followed, like RIM, which one would you step into? Probably the apple, as long as you didn't hold onto the frame the wrong way I guess. The M$ machine would have flash on it, but then it wouldn't work 100% of the time and you'd have to wait months for a security update. The android machine would look great, but you'd end up being teleported into a cloud or something. The future could look something like this. Apple makes a starship called, lets say, "Enterprise" (it gets updated every year but it still the Enterprise, just don't touch the big *** antenna), so M$ copies them but ends up with the millennium Falcon and it crashes with the BSOD every week (not their fault, someone else built the hardware). RIM have a go and end up with what looks like the Jupiter 2 but end up lost in space, no problems, it still comes with a physical keyboard. I wish they all stop copying and innovate to bring us into the future world we dream of. Gene Roddenberry got it right.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Bring it on. Competition is great. It makes people release things before they want to. I own a lot of Apple products but I get tired of them holding pack on basics. Who here thinks that the next ipad will have a camera for facetime. Why not this one. It's just the way Apple operates. Great products but they always hold back and release stuff that should have already been there to get people to buy another.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 1shuttle1 View Post
    Bring it on. Competition is great. It makes people release things before they want to. I own a lot of Apple products but I get tired of them holding pack on basics. Who here thinks that the next ipad will have a camera for facetime. Why not this one. It's just the way Apple operates. Great products but they always hold back and release stuff that should have already been there to get people to buy another.
    The iPad does have the slot for a camera, it was shown in one of the IT breakdowns. The reasoning for no camera was that ios4 was not finished for the iPad and probably won't be until the end of the year so there was little advantage (it was also suggested it was left out of the final release as it would have put the launch back another month or so coz they couldn't source enough cameras). We all know they update devices yearly, so you create one market, then create another one. Get everyone hyped up over an iPad, then do it all again over an iPad with a camera. This is why I would never get anything first release.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tyronal View Post
    The iPad does have the slot for a camera, it was shown in one of the IT breakdowns. The reasoning for no camera was that ios4 was not finished for the iPad and probably won't be until the end of the year so there was little advantage (it was also suggested it was left out of the final release as it would have put the launch back another month or so coz they couldn't source enough cameras). We all know they update devices yearly, so you create one market, then create another one. Get everyone hyped up over an iPad, then do it all again over an iPad with a camera. This is why I would never get anything first release.
    It must be nice to have that kind of will power. Haven't bought one yet but may in the next few weeks.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    My only problem with people calling everything a ripoff is that a tablet computer was not even Apple's idea. Oh wait, let's go back and visit the MP3 player market. I seem to remember MP3 players well BEFORE the iPod line was launched. We have had tablet PCs for over a decade before iPad was even a thought. Apple made it touch-based, thinner, and lighter, but the concept is the same. I don't see how taking Apple's ideas one step further is any better/worse? I mean regarding the iPad, didn't Apple say they wanted to make the tablet PC "better"? Effectively, that is what we have with the iPad, is it not? What's so wrong with another company saying "we want to make a tablet BETTER than the iPad"? I will add that with RIM's recent track record it probably won't actually be better, but if that is the goal at hand who are we to fault them. I think people get lost in Apple's own words like "innovative". A bunch of you are drones trained to believe the only innovation is what Apple puts out when, frankly, most of their innovation is simple improvements on products that you then turn around and say is a cheap move for another company to do...

I don't see how anything you just said is true at all in the computer world, but to each his own (ignorance) I guess.
    I don't think people are being close minded, sziklassy. This is where my head is at on the subject...

TABLETS:

WIN tablets have been sold before but were held back because it was an OS built for using a mouse and keyboard. Who wants that when you have a desktop or laptop that is more powerful? These tablets were niche in the market. Apple comes along basing the iPad on their fully developed touch finger based iOS (past version 3 at this point) which was built based on using your fingers (not a desktop or laptop OS). After it releases and starts selling like crazy all of a sudden other companies take notice, sit up in their chairs and say to themselves "let's do that!" Basically no one had the balls to put something out because their short sighted minds saw no money in it. No outside the box thinking.

THIRD PARTY APP STORE:

Before Apple there were lots of "app stores" online. Download.com, Handango, Palm even had one, etc. Even cell carriers had their own monstrosities of handheld stores for ringtones, wallpapers ($1.99 for a wallpaper, yeah I remember those days) etc. Problem was these were clunky, uninspired and sometimes just plain hard to navigate through. Purchasing an item became a clicking affair even though the carrier stores charged your mobile account. Apple comes along and ties in their iTunes store to a phone and adds one click instant gratification seamlessly and it takes off. What happens? Other companies take notice and again say to themselves "let's do that!"

Was there visual voice mail before the iPhone? Was there an easy way to browse the internet (without a d pad or scroll wheel) before the iPhone? Did MOST phones have 3.5 mm headphone jacks for listening to music before the iPhone?

I look at some of these companies today and see the old guard. Unwilling to do things differently. Unwilling to take chances. If Apple sells something that becomes a juggernaut this old guard then thinks they can jump in, copy that recipe and get a piece of the pie all while hardly putting any thought into user experience. Just let Apple do it and lets copy them seems to be where we are heading.
    "To unpathed waters, undreamed shores." -- William Shakespeare

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 1shuttle1 View Post
    It must be nice to have that kind of will power. Haven't bought one yet but may in the next few weeks.
    If you can, resist. Talk is the latest iPad will be done by christmas and launched in the new year!! (Now that's not far away considering how fast this year has gone). My brother has an iPad and after test driving it, it left me thinking, is that it. I wanted more, I wanted what my iPhone does plus more. It will come, and it may be worth the wait.

Quote Originally Posted by southfrisco View Post
    I don't think people are being close minded, sziklassy. This is where my head is at on the subject...

TABLETS:

WIN tablets have been sold before but were held back because it was an OS built for using a mouse and keyboard. Who wants that when you have a desktop or laptop that is more powerful? These tablets were niche in the market.
    The fact M$ are working on a tablet using a desktop OS not W7 mobile os, is a big concern. A bloated OS for a portable device is overkill, unless W7 mobile isn't up to the mark, I can't understand why they would even think of doing that, but then again, they are microsoft. The best at backward thinking.
    Last edited by Tyronal; 07-30-2010 at 07:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPhone is a Part of Me kuhndsn's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post

Do you get your thrills on bashing people? I guess that's why they call it opinions. But if you feel better bashing people on this site than more power to you. Lastly I will refuse to call you names but at least you can do is look at teck times or uspo. Glad I could make you day to deserve a little tough guy bashing from you.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12