+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Will Most Likely Not Charge for iOS 4 iPad Upgrade

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Change that most likely to most definately. iOS4 will stay free for all idevices because of one thing: iAds (at least that's what I think)
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Change that most likely to most definately. iOS4 will stay free for all idevices because of one thing: iAds

(at least that's what I think)

Thanks

It's free for the next update, guys! Are you too lazy to read the terms & agreement or is it too long? OMGZ!
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

Banned
    Thanks

Messany, why do you continue to post these irrelevant articles. All I had to do was look at the title and I knew it was you. Reporting is not about speculation and opinions. Is it about factual information reported as fact. You are a terrible writer and MMI needs to seriously reconsider your contract. Stop wasting your time

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tocnai View Post
    After paying 429 for my iPad apple can get f**k if they think I'm paying for a update I will just wait for some clever mods to crack it like they did with the iPod touch and 2.0
    Big deal. You paid 429 for something. A freetard like you would have been better off with Android
    To live, you have to lie

iPhone? More like MyPhone Antman217's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tocnai View Post
    After paying 429 for my iPad apple can get f**k if they think I'm paying for a update I will just wait for some clever mods to crack it like they did with the iPod touch and 2.0
    there's no need for crack lol. Someone just buys it and uploads it on the Internet. I remeber when you had to pay for one of the iPod touch firmwares I just went here http://www.felixbruns.de/iPod/firmware/ for all free firmwares. Bookmark this site. It's awesome for when iTunes doesn't want to connect to server.

Quote Originally Posted by JacquesChirac View Post
    Change that most likely to most definately. iOS4 will stay free for all idevices because of one thing: iAds

(at least that's what I think)
    Maybe but since most firmwares are already free without iAds I don't think that iAds would change how apple thinks about charging for firmwares. It just means more money.

Quote Originally Posted by consultant View Post
    Some people are pretty clueless.

Apple already announced iOS 4 for iPad is free in one of the keynote speeches.
    This was the first thing I was going to say lol but anyways that doesn't stop apple from changing their minds or charging other future updates. It's like to iPod touch firmwares some were free but some weren't. Just because apple said 4.0 is free doesn't mean 5.0 will be... but hopefully it will be lol.

Anyways even if they do charge for future updates I don't think they would be thy expensive. Non free iPod touch firmwares were like $10. If you could buy a $400 dollar ipad, I think you could spare $10 for an update. And the updates that were charged by apple were big updates like 2.0 not small ones like 2.1
    Last edited by Antman217; 07-20-2010 at 03:25 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NSXrebel View Post
    Now I know you're clueless and/or full of crap. Apple doesn't usually charge for major iOS upgrades. They never charged for any iPhone upgrades and they only charged for 2.0 on iPods touch
    Umm... hate to break this to you but Apple charged me $10 for a set of apps (mail, weather, etc.) for my iPod Touch 1G and then included them in 2.0 and STILL charged me another $10 for that upgrade and then $10 again for 3.0... just sayin' that they (used to) charge for EVERY major iOS upgrade and not just 2.0

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

no charge, no worries. If they do decide to charge we wont have to pay. You know modmyi will waive that charge so way.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Whoever pays for updates is a complete and utter t**t.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Antman217 View Post
    Maybe but since most firmwares are already free without iAds I don't think that iAds would change how apple thinks about charging for firmwares. It just means more money
    Apple will want as many devices as possible to be on iOS4 so they can maximize impressions of their iAd service (which is iOS4+ compatible).
    This is the primary reason that all devices capable of iOS4 will receive it for free.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Antman217 View Post
    If you could buy a $400 dollar ipad, I think you could spare $10 for an update.
    No, just no! In a lot of cases I'm sure this is true, but especially not in my case, I'm 15 and could barely scrounge together enough cash to buy an iPad because it is such a luxury item. I now have better things to spend the cash I earn on than an upgrade to the product I bought, which should have been there in the first place anyway.

That's also like the logic that if you go to a private school, you must be loaded. Not true.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Hmar9333 For This Useful Post:

volcomc (07-21-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by julioa350 View Post
    Whoever pays for updates is a complete and utter t**t.
    I paid for the updates because I wanted to update LEGALLY, however nowadays... I could care less because my iPod Touch isn't supported. (however I have been jailbroken since 2.0 just cause I couldn't take apple's restrictions anymore.)

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12