+ Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Microsoft to Ignite iPad Competition with "Hardcore" Attention on Tablets

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Originally Posted by whereswaldo Whatever happened to microsoft canceling their tablet plans Hey, No One Would Cancel On An Opportunity To Make Loads Of Money, That's Business. They Would Do
    My iPhone is a Part of Me Halten77's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by whereswaldo View Post
    Whatever happened to microsoft canceling their tablet plans
    Hey, No One Would Cancel On An Opportunity To Make Loads Of Money, That's Business. They Would Do Whatever Just To Get Their Hands On Some $$$$$!

SideNote: Waldo, Germany Lost And Took The Bronze. The World Cup Is Over, Change The Profile Picture Just Messin With Ya!

Green Apple
    Thanks

I just wanted to say.. that omg thats a hideous picture!

Ok, now back on subject, i wish Microsoft luck! They are never very innovative, but if they succeed in being innovative this time, i can see some good stuff in their future.. But again, good luck!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Microsoft Windows Tablet PCs have been available for years (well before the first wet dreams of an iPad), and are still available from multiple vendors. I loved my HP TC1100 that I just sold after 3-4 years of faithful service (the last year it ran Windows 7 quite well). They did cancel their "Courier" concept tablet project however.

I find the current devices from Motion Computing to be the most appealing, with both touch, and very precise stylus operation. They are very good performers running Windows 7 as well.

The problems these devices have is they are far more costly than an iPad, and their battery life is pretty limited in comparison. Other than that, they are full blown Windows 7 machines, with very usable touch and stylus functions, running in sleek tablet form.

It really depends upon what you need/want in a tablet device. I am a Windows 7 guy, but own, and extensively use, an iPad too. Both platforms work very well for me, in their respective applications.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

They never cancelled making a tablet. They announced a tablet that will run Windows 7 Starter edition, bought Palm, balked on the Windows 7 edition, and now say they are working hard at it. It's like a circus. Can we build it?! Yes! We! Can! Wait...maybe maybe not. Ok let's do it anyways.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Halten77 View Post
    Doesn't Microsoft Own Android OS? If so. They can make a pretty decent tablet with a decent mobile OS. But I wouldn't like it if they did that. Windows 7 On a Tablet Running Smoothly, That's My Dream Come True, And With Decent Battery Life
    Android, and ChromeOS are Google products, and tablets running flavors of those platforms are coming.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChaos View Post
    They never cancelled making a tablet. They announced a tablet that will run Windows 7 Starter edition, bought Palm, balked on the Windows 7 edition, and now say they are working hard at it. It's like a circus. Can we build it?! Yes! We! Can! Wait...maybe maybe not. Ok let's do it anyways.
    That wasn't Microsoft, that was HP.
    Last edited by prgeno; 07-12-2010 at 01:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Ah! My bad.

It's the HP Slate. I got thrown for a loop by the OPs terms.
    Last edited by CaptainChaos; 07-12-2010 at 01:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Again. HP Bought Palm

Green Apple
    Thanks

This makes me (cautiously) happy. I want a table that is basically a slimmed down computer. The iPad is nice but i would have liked it better if it ran a modified OS X just so i could have a full computer experience on a tablet. If Windows can make a modified Windows 7 with good battery life and under 1Grand I'm sold. But that's one BIG "If".

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

It's about time! If Microsoft introduces a tablet/slate, with all the features iPad is lacking, apple will be forced to add these features, USB slots as an example. Te competition will only make the iPad better. And I think it's pretty obvious MS would make a modified version of Win 7, to better accommodate a mobile device.

@Posidon79: Actually windows 7 installs and runs decent on 512mb ram, sure it's not lightning fast, but it works.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Doesn't Microsoft Own Android OS? If so. They can make a pretty decent tablet with a decent mobile OS. But I wouldn't like it if they did that. Windows 7 On a Tablet Running Smoothly, That's My Dream Come True, And With Decent Battery Life
    NO Halten77, Android OS is owned by Google not Microsoft. Microsofts' new "tablet" will be slow and bloated with the old Windows programming.

Thanks

Again. HP Bought Palm
    Read my post above yours.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by phaze2 View Post
    NO Halten77, Android OS is owned by Google not Microsoft. Microsofts' new "tablet" will be slow and bloated with the old Windows programming.
    Yes I Know, I Got Confused. I Recently Saw A Video About The WindPad And It Runs Windows 7 And Android. I Got Them Mixed Up My Bad Lol Chill

Read my post above yours.
    Read My Post Way Above Yours. Lol. I Guess You Didn't Notice. I Said "Negative. HP Bought Palm. Surprise! Microsoft Should Worry They Have Some Rough N' Tough Competition."
    My Post Was Before You Admitted You Made A Mistake. Just Sayin'
    Last edited by Halten77; 07-12-2010 at 02:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Microsoft has been "serious" about tablets in the past decade. However it failed again and again. Keep failing Microsoft.

Thanks

Microsoft isn't going to go after the iPad half-cocked. They will bring it.

Thanks
    PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Microsoft release the Courier!!! That will kill the iPad and is what the iPad should have been from the get go. Screw the iPhail, it's crap!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone macsoldier's Avatar
    Thanks

As nice as it sounds, Im not sure if I would do the switch to a windows tablet, first customer service for windows sucks, and Apple has treated me well in this aspect (obviously personal opinion) Second, I wouldnt jump on buying the windows tablet due to them always having alot of issues with bugs and expensive running systems, My opinion overall Apple keeps it simple, this would force apple to step it up and Id love to see what they would counter microsoft with, this is def worth following.

MMI's Official Devil Dog santacruzlocal's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iSteed View Post
    Thus the biggest reason I don't want an iPad. It's a glorified touch. If I could do all computer oriented things with the device I would buy one in a heartbeat
    Or iPhone ... If you have the iPad 3G ... but nevertheless It's all bad !!!!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Exactly My Point, I Hope That Will Be A Reality Soon Enough

This Is A Critical Problem, And If It Does What I Wish, Like Any Regular Computer, Install Programs, Run Flash, Java, Etc. This Baby Would Struggle To Last For Atleast 2 Hours. Maybe It Could Work Like Laptops And Hook Up The Charging Cable Onto It And Running On Wall Power, And Only Use The Battery When You Need To Go Out Of The House! This Would Be Great.
    Orrr, just make the screen bigger then the ipad,and make half of the device the battery and the other half, processor, ram, ect ect...

Livin the iPhone Life TheOrioles33's Avatar
    Thanks

Nothing against Microsoft but Ballmer looks like a huge doucebag!
    MacBook Pro i7
    Dell XPS

My iPhone is a Part of Me wolverinemarky's Avatar
    Thanks

microsoft will probably mess up knowing them and not be innovative but just pump the usual stuff out